Hydrangea - one of the most commonly planted flowers.Hydrangea flowers can be of different colors, for which they are very fond of gardeners.
Hortense can be grown at their summer cottage or in the indoor environment.It grows long in the winter it is left to rest, and its flowering pleased from spring to fall.Caring for hydrangea is not difficult, but look at her pleasure.
- Feature 1: Planting
- Feature 2: Watering and fertilizing
- Feature 3: Conditions of
- Feature 4: Formation of the flower
- Feature 5: Reproduction and transplant
- Feature 6:Diseases and difficulties
Feature 1: Planting
hydrangeas can be planted in early spring.If hydrangea wintered in the ground, it can be planted after the melting of snow.If hydrangea wintered in the greenhouse, you should wait until you run out of night frosts.
rules of successful site selection for planting hydrangeas:
- The best place to plant hydrangeas would be close to home or other structure.
- choose should not be too windy place.
- hydrangeas ideal place to be not very sunlit area that it was in partial shade or shade.
- Depending on the size of the plant hole for hydrangeas should dig in width from 40 to 40 * 80 * 80 cm, a depth of about 40 cm.
- soil at planting hydrangeas should be well loosened.
- roots when planting should be carefully smoothed all the edges of the pits, and to deepen their neck in the ground must be no more than three centimeters, so that the root system is well developed.
- After planting abundantly watered hydrangea that the earth is soaked with water up to the roots.
When planting the majority of plants, great attention should be given to the ground on which it is planted.
For hydrangea with ideal growing conditions, the following types of soil:
- can be put on the bottom of the hole clay for planting if the soil is sandy;
- if there is a risk of filling the pit groundwater should fill the bottom of the drainage;
- should fill the hole with a mixture of several soil: humus;peat;superphosphate;sand;potash fertilizer in an amount of 50 grams per hole.
pot planting hydrangeas should be deep and not too high a diameter of 15 - 25 centimeters.The size of the pot depends on the development of the root system of the plant.
- added at planting hydrangeas lime into the soil and manure is not recommended.
- If you want to plant a few hydrangeas close the distance between them should be from 1.5 to 2.5 meters, depending on its type.Planting
- hydrangea better in the penumbra, since full shade, it is not abundant flowering.
Feature 2: Watering and fertilizing
Hydrangea - moisture-loving flower.When leaving indoors it must be watered frequently in summer and moderate in the spring and fall.In winter, care must be taken not to pour hydrangea, otherwise it can rot the roots.
Watering Hydrangea envisages implementation of some requirements:
- water for irrigation should be soft, such as rain, melted snow or well-settled;
- temperature of the water for irrigation should be at room temperature;
- at their summer cottage, hydrangea should be watered in the morning or in the evening in the absence of the scorching sun;
- when watering the hydrangeas in the country, it must receive a week no less than two buckets of water on the bush.
Feed the hydrangea is best in the summer when it needs abundant flowering and development.
Fertilizing hydrangeas occurs as follows:
- first dressing begins with the arrival of spring, when the flowers are formed new shoots;
- second fertilization takes place in June during the formation of flower buds;
- third feeding occurs during the beginning of flowering hydrangea.This contributes to kidney tab for flowering the following year.
the winter hydrangea is not fed.Some types of dressing, which are suitable for hydrangeas:
- During flowering hydrangeas, it can be fertilized by irrigation water with a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
- To hydrangea flowers are large, and there were a lot of need to spray it with a solution of gibberellin in an amount of 0.1 grams per liter of water.
- can be used to feed hydrangeas following recipe: Mix 10 g of urea, superphosphate, potassium nitrate from the fermented liquid solution of bird droppings with water 1 to 10.
- At the end of the summer, you can put around the bush hydrangeas 10 - 15 kg of compost or rottedmanure.
- Sometimes it can be watered hydrangea acidified water to its flowers do not yellowed.For this it is necessary to add per liter five drops of lemon juice.
- not desirable to place near the hydrangea batteries, as its leaves may begin to dry.
- Spray hydrangea should be as often as watering.
- hydrangea Feeding twice a month.
- can not be used for feeding hydrangeas ash and nitrogen gently used tools.
Feature 3: Conditions of
hydrangea Care at home must be correct, then the plant will enjoy abundant flowering.
- The room must be selected for hydrangeas lit place, but not direct sunlight.It is to grow it a bit further away from the window.
- Comfortable temperature for hydrangeas - 18 - 22 degrees Celsius.
- not recommended for plants drafts and frequent temperature changes.
- rest period occurs in winter and hydrangea is better to remove a room with a temperature of 7 - 9 degrees of heat, such as a basement.
- During rest hydrangea should be watered occasionally.
Conditions of hydrangeas in the summer cottage is often dependent on the season and include fertilization and pruning plants.
Care hydrangea spring:
- tillage of weeds and old leaves;
- land fertilizer complex mineral fertilizers containing superphosphate, urea and potassium nitrate;
- pruning hydrangeas.
Features pruning hydrangeas in the spring:
- make spring pruning to thin out the plant, after the kidney awakened;
- gapping when removed from the plant pruning old and weak branches;
- podmerzshie branches pruned until the wood is healthy;
- shoots if only one year, they are cut, leaving only 3 - 5 buds.
Care hydrangea summer:
- during flowering hydrangeas do not require meticulous care;
- at the time it needs watering, fertilizing and removal of weeds near the bush;
- if shoots lie on the ground, they must tie;
- if the flowers wither and dry up - they are cut.
Care hydrangea autumn:
- autumn hydrangeas held mulch with peat or humus mixture;
- further base hydrangea bushes hill;
- pruning hydrangeas;
- hardy hydrangea in the winter does not harbor;
- if your brand new hydrangea or young, you can bend down to the ground and cover the winter lutrasilom or spruce branches.
Features pruning hydrangeas in the fall:
- necessarily need to cut all the faded flowers hydrangea that under the weight of winter snow is not broken branch plants;
- can rejuvenate old hydrangea bush, cut off her old wood.
- hydrangea bush to lush formed, it should be cut off the tip at the beginning of spring.
- macrophages or garden hydrangea pruning can not be, otherwise it will not bloom.
- If the room is not clean hydrangea in the winter to rest, it can only bloom next winter.
Feature 4: Formation of the flower
The formation of flower hydrangea affect its feeding and maintenance of the penumbra.A unique feature is a hydrangea flowers change their color depending on the soil in which it grows.
- pink flowers will develop on alkaline soil.To do this, you can fertilize the plant with lime, chalk or ash in small doses.
- blue flowers will bloom, if the soil is acidic hydrangeas.Achieve acidic soil for plants, you can use softwood land, sawdust or peat.
- If you want to have a white or beige color of the flower, grow hydrangea in a neutral soil acidity.
- You can get a combined color hydrangea.
- For this on the one hand the bush, you can fertilize the land for alkaline soil, and on the other - to the acid.
Feature 5: Reproduction and transplant
Hydrangea Propagation is possible by dividing the bush or propagation.
- cuttings to choose the young shoots of 5 - 6 cm apical or lower.
- place scrapping cutting cuticles drug "Kornevin."
- Sharing placed in moist sand for half a month, slightly inclined and covered with a glass jar.
- dividing the bush takes place by digging the earth at a distance of 15 centimeters from the stems.
- desired part of the bush and gently tilted, without removing it from the ground, cut with a sharp knife or shovel.
- cuttings is better not to cut and break off.
- Rooting cuttings is best done in the shade and monitor soil moisture.
- best during the division of the bush, making a tunnel on wet ground using a fork.
- Young hydrangeas are transplanted to a permanent place of landing in three years.
Hortense often can be transplanted, choosing for her the most favorable place.Poorly tolerated transplant Hydrangea paniculata, especially in adulthood, it is better for her to pick one place for a long time.
- transplantation promotes beautiful bloom annually.
- best to transplant the plants every year in the fall, when it bud.
- for transplantation is the best soil turf and ground sheet, together with peat and sand in the ratio 2: 1: 1: 0.5.
- new pot hydrangeas should be 1.5 times larger than the previous one.
- Use humus transplant hydrangeas is not recommended.
- When transplanting plants need to be sure to make a good drainage.
- should be chosen for a transplant a plant pot, because the roots of hydrangeas grow in breadth.
Feature 6: Diseases and difficulties
Many houseplants can be subjected to the attack of pests and diseases in the wrong care.
From hydrangea pests may appear spider mites, aphids and stem nematode.
destroy pests in the following ways:
- Get rid of spider mites can help regular spraying plants with water.You can process the plant or aktellik akarinom.
- fight aphids can be using a soapy solution aktellik, or malathion.
- With stem nematode is usually difficult to handle and plant often dies.
From hydrangea disease most often affects mildew, botrytis, or chlorosis.
Disease 1: chlorosis
- Symptoms: causes discoloration of the leaves due to the loss of chlorophyll.
- What to do: The water is added vitriol 10 grams per liter of water or iron sulfate 2 g per liter of water and pour the plant to return to it green.
Disease 2: Powdery mildew
- Symptoms: The appearance of spots on the leaves, which grow and yellow.
- reasons: increased soil moisture.
- What to do: From Mildew can be removed using copper sulfate 15 grams per liter of water or green soap 150 grams per liter of water.
Disease 3: Gray mold
- Symptoms: The appearance of brown spots on the shoots, which are covered by a fluffy gray patina.The infection can spread to the leaves and flowers.
- reasons: too dense planting hydrangeas nearby and high humidity.
- What to do: to help fight botrytis Bordeaux mixture.If the disease has spread very much, damaged areas are removed and discarded.
- If drug treatment the insects are not consumed, can be treated again hydrangea in a week.
- chlorosis causes an overabundance of alkali in the soil, so you need to carefully monitor the soil in which grow hydrangea.
- If your plant is attacked by pests or diseases, it must be watered only soft water.