With the arrival of spring or fall , not only children , but adults often they pick up the infection and they exhibit all the signs of acute respiratory infections .Feeling sore throat , fever and a runny nose - unpleasant symptoms of acute respiratory diseases with whom you want to fight as soon as possible .
The most effective treatment for the symptoms of primary disease.To prevent the development of neglected diseases , we can always keep in the medicine cabinet of the drug from the ARD - Fervex that can be taken by adults and children.
- Composition and Properties
- Indications and contraindications
- Dosing and side effects
Composition and Properties
The drug comes in the form of granulated powder for oral solution .
- One packet contains the preparation for adults : pheniramine maleate - 25 mg ascorbic acid - 200 mg paracetamol - 500 mg.Produced with sugar and aspartame.
- A sachet formulation for children comprising: pheniramine maleate - 10 mg ascorbic acid - 100 mg paracetamol - 280 mg.
The composition of the sachet also includes excipients:
- lemon acid;
- aspartame or saccharin;
Fervex - combined medication used for the treatment of acute respiratory infections, has the following properties:
- Pheniramine reduces the feeling of nasal congestion, itching, redness of the eyes, tearing, runny nose reduced;
- Paratsentamol - eliminates headaches, reduces high body temperature;
- Ascorbic acid enhances the immune system 's resistance to the disease.It adjusts the regenerative processes in the body.
Indications and contraindications
Indications for use Fervex are any symptoms of colds:
- rhinitis including allergic;
- flu-like condition.
Contraindicated to take the drug for the following disorders or diseases:
- ulcerative processes of the stomach or intestine in the acute stage;
- renal insufficiency;
- lack of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- prostate adenoma;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- pregnancy in the first and third trimester;
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
With great care taken in the preparation of functional failure of the liver, in viral hepatitis and in old age.
Dosing and side effects
Dosing of the drug carried out in accordance with the age and requires some rules.
Instructions for use Fervex looks like this:
- Children 6 to 10 years at one sachet powder twice a day;
- Children from 10 to 12 years of one sachet two - three times a day;
- Children from 12 to 15 years - one sachet three times a day;
- Children older than 15 years and adults: 1 sachet of powder 2 - 3 times a day.
- The interval between doses of the drug should be not less than four hours .In renal insufficiency - 8 hours.
- The duration of treatment no more than five days, analgesic , and no more than three , as an antipyretic .
- The contents of the sachet should be dissolved in a glass of warm water and drink immediately.
- Drink Fervex be between meals.
If abnormal liver function or kidney disease should be taken with caution and under medical supervision.With the acquisition Fervex not take alcohol or anti-anxiety drugs .Patients with diabetes should be aware that in a bag Fervex contains sugar .
When you use the correct dosage, overdose does not occur.
- decreased appetite;
- pale skin.
In case of overdose gastric lavage is recommended in the first six hours , the introduction of an antidote , and immediate hospitalization .
In rare cases when taking Fervex experience the following side effects:
- dry mouth;
- abdominal pain;
- urinary retention;
- skin rash;
Prolonged use may be the body's reaction to paracetamol in the form of drug-induced hepatitis and renal failure .If there is no response to treatment , five days , you should consult your doctor and review the treatment regimen .