flowering houseplants can decorate each house, fill it with bright colors and pleasant aromas.Among common flowering plants stands out pelargonium, which is often confused with geraniums.In particular, the aristocratic - royal and unpretentious in care - zoning.
Distinctive features royal pelargonium leaves are rough with sharp teeth.During flowering plant delight households large, extraordinarily beautiful flower, the edge of which are lighter than the middle, velvet.
Zonal Pelargonium reminds spherical umbrella, consisting of several flowers - simple or double, of various colors.There are quite a Pelargonium strong thick stems and hairy leaves with a strong odor.The plant can reach 30-50 centimeters, depending on the species variety.
- Feature 1: The substrate and pots
- Feature 2: Watering and fertilizing
- Feature 3: Conditions of
- Feature 4: Formation of the flower
- Feature 5: Reproduction and transplant
- Feature 6: Diseases and difficulties
Feature 1: The substrate and pots
Health and beauty all the flower depends on the choice of soil in which it grows.At the present time in the flower shops can be found ready-made substrates intended for flowering and flowering houseplants.They can be both versatile and suitable for a particular plant species.
Pelargonium - one of those plants that need fertile and well-drained soil.Of course, it can be put in an ordinary universal substrate designed for flowering plants.
However, experts in the field of floriculture recommend:
- For young plants prepare potting soil composed of equal parts compost or turf land, peat, humus and sand.
- zonal pelargonium use a mixture with peat substrate and compost, humus and pine land in a ratio of 1: 1: 1: 1.
- For plants that will be in the warm season to decorate the garden, around the house or balcony, suitable mixture of leaf and soil humus or normal turf ground.
Pelargonium do not like dense soil, so you should not be added in the preparation of the substrate too much peat.Otherwise the possible stagnation of liquid in it, because of what the plant may succumb to putrid processes and simply die.
- pelargonium in care is not only important to choose the right soil, but also the vessel in which it will grow.To do this, select or wooden clay pots or boxes.
- Such containers should not be too spacious, otherwise the plant will not bloom or bloom will not please the strong profusion.
- and transparent plastic pots - not the best choice for the constant growth of Pelargonium.Florist noted that the plant they often die, and sick.
- optimum diameter of the pot for a plant is 12-14 cm and 22-25 cm for three or more plants in one pot.Pot height 10-15 centimeters.
- topple Pelargonium between watering it can be triggered by insufficient pot in which it grows.
Feature 2: Watering and fertilizing
Pelargonium regardless of the species has the property to accumulate moisture, so watering when it should be observed accuracy.Some housewives who grow pelargonium, recommend watering the plants as dry land.And rightly so, since it is easier to tolerate drought than waterlogging.
properly watered flower - it is to comply with the following conditions:
- soil should have time to dry for 2 centimeters in depth between waterings.
- recommended to water the plant by the pallet, so you can avoid compaction of the earth, and the very roots absorb as much moisture as needed.
- water the plants must be defended water at room temperature, which had been previously boiled and passed through a filter.
As a result, during the warm season Pelargonium requires abundant watering, and in the cold season - a moderate.This is due to the fact that at low vegetation root system of the plant is easy to pour.When watering is necessary to allow the water to soak into the ground for 20-30 minutes, after which the remains of the pallet have to pour.
desirable to feed the plants during the warm season, using for this purpose special funds, purchased at a flower shop.For example, granular fertilizer specifically for flowering plants.They should add 3 months after the landing, or else fed 'adult' flower with the help of fertilizer 1 time per season.
Experienced growers are recommended to ready fertilizer as:
- Option 1. «Kemira Suite" - a water-soluble fertilizer, which must be used for indoor plants during the summer period at each watering, and in winter - whenEvery fourth.It can be used for planting.The fertilizer includes nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, iron, manganese, boron, copper and zinc.
- Option 2: «Ideal" - a universal means on the basis of vermicompost, the liquid fraction of the natural waste product of earthworms.Also vermicompost, as a part of fertilizer has nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.
- Option 3: «Zircon" - bioregulator for any type of plant.For flower crops must be used during the beginning of active growth and budding.Manufactured product based on vegetable raw materials Echinacea purpurea.
- Option 4: «Mikrassa" - is based on pure salts of trace elements.The composition includes boron, zinc, copper, manganese, iodine.The fertilizer is produced in the form of tablets and can be used for indoor plants not more than 1 per month.It can be combined with other fertilizers - nitrogen, phosphate, humates and growth stimulants.
You can also use organic fertilizers, cooked at home.For example:
- sleeping tea.To make it, you need to fill a glass of dry tea in a 3-liter jar.Cover with water and infuse for 4-5 days, stirring occasionally.After this time, the solution must drain and eventually apply.
- Eggshell.Use eggshells recommended to prevent oxidation of the soil and feeding of any plants, including the home.Houseplants can just pour water in which boiled eggs.However, you can use this recipe: pound net shells 4 raw eggs, pour boiling water (1 liter), let stand for 5 days, stirring daily.
- nettle infusion.To prepare the infusion, you need 0.5 kilos of fresh steamed nettles in 5 liters of boiling water.Let stand for 12 hours and strain.
- decoction of oak bark.To prepare 20 grams is necessary to calculate the cortex 200 milligrams of water warmed in a water bath for an hour.Then the broth should drain, squeeze out the residue and bring to a volume of 200 milligrams of boiled water.Such a solution can not be stored for more than 2 days in a refrigerator.
- rotted manure.A little bit of manure must be put in a container, the Gulf water, leave for a couple of days.Watering the flowers must be highly diluted solution.
- Pelargonium do not need spraying and wash the leaves.If you perform these procedures, the flower can throw leaves.
- If in the heat of the plant should be watered about every day, at low temperature conditions watering should be no more than 1 time in 10 days.
- If the leaves of pelargonium appeared watery pads - a sign that when watering is necessary to use less water.
- Yellowing of lower leaves (dry them over the edge) tells about the lack of moisture, and an excess of signal their complete withering and rotting stems.
- If you wish to receive the abundant foliage, plants fed fertilizer with more nitrogen.
- to stimulate abundant flowering, fertilizer should be more potassium and phosphorus than nitrogen.
- Overfeeding plants may lead to the development of various diseases and lack of flowering.
Feature 3: Conditions of
pelargonium care at home will differ on this point.For example:
- Zonal Pelargonium. She thrives on the south side.In the warmer months it can be easily transferred to the balcony, if the night temperature outside is not lower than 15 degrees.In this case, care must be taken further strengthening stems to protect them from the wind.In the cold season it is recommended to keep in the room in which the temperature ranges from 11 to 14 degrees Celsius.
- Royal pelargonium. Royal pelargonium should be kept in a bright room where the sun does not get it right.Ideal windowsill on the north or west side.It does not like heat and is perfect if the room is not higher than 15 degrees in the winter season.It is not recommended to move to an open balcony, as the plant does not like drafts and the wind.
- Pelargonium desirable to place the glass where it will be exposed to direct sunlight.In this case, the plant will get burned.
- Lack of light will affect the dropping of leaves and long shoots.
- If the short daylight hours, for plant health need to renew it with the help of artificial lighting.
- room where growing pelargonium, you must constantly be aired, but avoid drafts.
- plant does not like humid, which is why it can be lost, and there is no need to spray it.
- Content Pelargonium in winter at high temperatures can lead to a lack of proper flowering next season.
Feature 4: Formation of the flower
flower formation is done by pinching and pruning.With the help of these techniques can be achieved:
- Getting compact and lush bush.
- Increased flowering plants.
- Getting rid of the weak, damaged shoots.
Receiving first: pinched plants
pinched, in fact, is the removal of points of growth of Pelargonium.Thus, it can trigger the development of new, young shoots and increased branching.If used for growing plants cuttings, then pinch the plant must be over 8 or 10 sheets.If the plant is derived from the seeds should be pinched to perform over 6 or 8 sheets.In general, pinched carried out from February to March.
Receiving Two: Crop plants
This method is more suitable for "adults" pelargonium.It is a cardinal way to form the crown of the plant and cut the old stems and large.Untraceable on each stalk 2-5 buds, and cut the stalks can be used for propagation.Circumcision must be performed Pelargonium in early spring.
When forming Pelargonium desirable to adhere to the following rules:
- Rule 1: To trim the plants use only clean, pre-treated with alcohol and very sharp objects.
- Rule 2: vyschipku shoots pinched out and spend only need clean hands to prevent plant diseases.
- Rule 3: branches that grow into the bush, should be removed.They impede access of light and air circulation.It is necessary for normal growth of the plant to leave those branches that grow from the center to the opposite side.
- Rule 4: All sections must be processed.To process any suitable means on the basis of alcohol, brilliant green, crushed charcoal, fungicide.Rough cuts some time ssohnutsya than spoil the look of the plant.
- Rule 5: After cutting the plant should feed and thereby stimulate the improvement of its growth.
- If after pinching plant shoots grow from the axils of the upper leaves, they must be removed or left.In the latter case, pinched should be repeated after a while, when the 2-3 leaf.
- Young branches growing in the side of the stem, you need to pinch, too.Otherwise the plant will expend energy only on the development of these branches.
- Do not cut pelargonium autumn and winter.Carrying out this manipulation may lead to the development of healthy shoots are not, because of what the plant may die.
- If you do not prune or pinched, the plant may not bloom in full or at all.
- Crop royal pelargonium necessary several times.It is weaker than the zonal and when hard pruning may die.
Feature 5: Reproduction and transplant
Reproduction Pelargonium can be carried out with the help of cutting or planting seeds.
When choosing a plant propagation by grafting should be aware of the following nuances:
- first - rooting pelargonium best at the end of February and in March or the last 2 months of summer.In cold or too hot season rooting deteriorating, and the plant may simply be lost.
- second - suitable for reproduction vertical shoots with two or three leaves and a length of 5-6 cm, are best cut on the site where the list is growing.
- third - the landing is necessary to make in 1-2 hours, and if there is an inflorescence on the shoot - it must be removed.To prevent rotting, cut the stalk should obmoknut in crushed coal.
- fourth - plant shoots is recommended to small pots or transparent glasses, deepening their 2 centimeters.Through the transparent glass is easier to see the formation of the root system.Tanks in which the cuttings will be transplanted, must be filled with a mixture of sand and peat, taken in equal amounts.Alternatively, you can use peat tablets.Before planting a mixture of land must be scalded with boiling water and pour a strong solution of potassium permanganate.
- fifth - containers with cuttings should be placed in a light place, where there is no direct sunlight.The optimum temperature for the content of cuttings - 20-22 degrees Celsius.At the same time watering should be moderate, but the first time it should be abundant.
- about the reliability of rooting tell growth of new leaves and roots presence around the perimeter of the container.The plants to be transplanted into a new pot, and after 7 days prischipnut.
noteworthy that the plant, which was cut in March, will appreciate flowers in mid-summer.If the plant was cut in August, its blooms can be seen only next spring.There is no need to handle it in the winter.This should be done in late February, March, using pots of 9-11 centimeters.
planted the seeds, you can grow pelargonium, which will delight more abundant flowering than the one that is grown from cuttings.It is believed that the plant from the seed will be less sick and show resistance to moisture.
There are a few rules of how to grow from seed pelargonium:
- Planting should be done in January and February seedlings in pots or bowls.
- Earth must be parboiled and shed the dark solution of potassium permanganate.
- seeds should be spread on the wet ground, lightly covering the soil for seedlings, and sprinkling a special growth factor.
- capacity of seeds should be covered with glass or film.
- Crops is desirable to keep evenly moist.
- Watering carefully so the seeds are gone to the depth, otherwise they will not germinate.
- Containers with seedlings need to be aired, lifting the daily glass or film, and removing accumulated condensate.