Here came the exciting moment when the purchase took place favorite orchid and this beauty you brought into your home.She's so beautiful, it was terrible, at times touching.And then there's "pugalki" any that flower moody and requires special care.So one wonders: "How to properly care for an orchid to the plant was healthy and flourishing?»
In fact, this problem is not complicated and easily doable at home.All you need is to give it the correct lighting, humidity, watering, fertilizing and replanting.The main thing to do it correctly, in accordance with its needs.
- first component of care: Lighting
- second component of care: Humidity and temperature
- third component of care: Watering
- fourth component of care: Feeding
- fifth component of care: Transplant
first component of care: Lighting
As you know, an orchid native to the tropics.Therefore, the lighting should be bright, but mild and diffused.No way to avoid direct sunlight.This i
Depending on the season, lighting requirements vary somewhat, that it is imperative to take into account, so that your beauty all the time and had bloomed leaves an elastic, uniform color (unless otherwise provided by grade).
ideal location in terms of lighting for orchids is a window sill, near windows with blinds or tulle average transparency.In addition to high-quality lighting performance, it is important to take into consideration the duration of daylight.
features lighting in different seasons:
Winter. During this period of the year is usually dominated by cloudy days.In addition, the duration of daylight (for orchids) no more than 3 hours, which is very little.Given these circumstances to keep blooming orchid in the winter, it is necessary to use additional lighting.
best option is additional lighting fluorescent lamps.By setting such a lamp should follow distance: distance between the plant and the lamp should be in the range of 20 - 30 cm.
Spring - Summer. this season when every day the sun shines all the more intense.Also, it is increasing the duration of daylight.Therefore, the artificial lighting needs no more.Moreover, during this period must pritenyat plants so they do not get burned.
After the winter light "hunger", the brightness of the lighting for orchids need to be increased gradually.
Autumn. At this time of the year, starting in September, orchids can not pritenyat.Moreover, you can keep them near windows without blinds and tulle.
autumn sun is the "caressing" for orchids.But since gradually reduced daylight hours gradually be added artificial lighting.
With regard to varieties of orchids, the specific differences in the requirements for coverage there.If they are, then this is reported on the label of a plant that has all the pots with plants Shop.
- Council 1. Buying orchid, ask the seller lighting requirements exactly for this sort of flower.Also, pre-purchase a lamp for illumination.Because of this you will be able to organize the lighting of orchids, and it will always bloom.
- Council 2. If you have large windows facing south, and in them most of the day the sun is shining, buy shutters of translucent fabric.Also, do not be superfluous blinds.It will help to dispense light and prevent the direct rays that are not safe for plants.
second component of care: Humidity and temperature
Nameko again, returning to the roots of orchids, remember that it is a tropical plant.So, it loves the climate is humid enough, fairly fresh, not too stuffy and hot.Therefore, an ideal habitat for the apartment plant, a glassed-in balcony.
But the balcony is relevant only to the beginning of the warm spring to cool autumn.The rest of the year, orchid found in the room.It is important to maintain moderate humidity, so if the room is dry air, especially in winter, be sure to install the humidifier.
In addition, to maintain optimal humidity by spraying the leaves should be a couple of times a day.It is important to remember that flower water should not fall.
Produce spraying is necessary in the morning to the evening leaves have time to dry.Otherwise, excess water can lead to decay and kidney damage plants, respectively.In addition, during spraying, and before complete drying of moisture must pritenyat plants.As if the bright sun rays will fall on the wet plant, it can cause burns.
Spraying is necessary to use soft water at a temperature of 35 - 37 degrees, as the cold water cause hypothermia leaves.
Thus, the humidity in the summer and winter should be 50 - 60%, whereas in autumn and spring season, the humidity can be increased to 80%.
Regarding temperature, the night time, it should not be below 15 degrees, and the day - not less than 23 degrees.This average temperature that is optimal for the plant, which may vary depending on the cultivar.
- Spray Tip 1. ihletom orchid can be several times a day.And in the winter, they must be sprayed only on sunny days, adhering to the rules.This will help maintain the optimum humidity and air plants.
- Council 2. If possible, arrange orchids teplichku or keep them orhidariume.Under these conditions, the plant will feel "at home".
- Council 3. If the room that contains the orchid is too wet, the plant must be treated with fungicides to prevent decay and formation of microorganisms.
third component of care: Watering
first be noted that tap water for watering orchids is not the best option.It is therefore necessary to take care of harvesting water.Harvested water for irrigation, as well as spray should be soft or medium hard, not too cold and not warm.
reduce the hardness of water for irrigation can be ways:
- The easiest way to use a water filter.For example, if you use a filter at home, watering his beautiful drinking water.
- Apply oxalic acid.To do this, buy the acid in a flower shop, take a 5-liter container of cold water and pour 1/8 teaspoon of powder.Defend the water during the day, strain and use as directed.
- Dilution distillate with plain water.Defend water from the tap with distilled water one by one and apply for other purposes.
addition, the acidity of the water is important.optimal level of acidity is pH 5.Check this indicator is very simple.It is enough to lower the litmus test.And if the result shows.With increased acidity, just add the water a little lemon juice.
The second important point that is worth considering is the frequency of watering.With respect to the orchid is no general rule, such as "water once a week."The frequency of watering depends on the humidity in the room, the size of the pot, plant varieties and seasons.
The third method of irrigation.Watering orchids can be traditional, of watering, immersion method and a "hot" shower.
watering from a watering can. This is the easiest method of irrigation, for which you want to fill a watering can with water and prepared a trickle in a circle, evenly sprinkle the entire surface of the pot, avoiding the point of growth and sinuses.You need to water the plants until the excess water begins to flow into the trays.Then, wait for a few minutes, after which drain water tray.
Watering by immersion. This method consists in the fact that the flower pot is completely immersed in water and allowed to stand a few seconds (the larger pot, the longer the need to keep it in the water).Then give water to drain, then put the pot on the tray.
Note that this method of irrigation is only suitable if the plants and substrates are completely healthy.Its advantage is that it saves a lot of time and water.This is especially true when you have a few flowers.
«hot shower." This method is good because it is the most closely mimics natural conditions.Despite the fact that indoor orchid domesticated still conditions close to natural, will sometimes only benefit.
procedure for such irrigation is that the plants are put into the bathroom and poured them a small stream of warm water through the shower head.The optimal water temperature for such a method of watering - 45 - 50 degrees.
duration and the number of approaches "soul" depends on how quickly the soil gets wet, the value of the pot and varieties of orchids.
After full getting wet plant to extract out of the bathroom and put on a pallet.After about 15 minutes, when all the excess moisture will leave, drain the water from the pan and rub gently, leaves and roots located on the surface, cotton cloth.
Council 1. To orchid bloomed and was always healthy, you should regularly as necessary to water it.At the same time, we note that it is not so scary to leave it dry.The pour water.Therefore, depending on the plant variety, with your fingers, check soil moisture in a flowerpot.
Council 2. If after swimming on the sheets were white blotches, is salt.And for their removal leaves wipe solution beer or lemon juice with water at a ratio of 1: 1.
Council 3. If you live in a private home or an orchid breed in the country, collects rainwater.Then, to defend it and use for irrigation.This is an ideal water as it natural.It is important that it was clean.So, if your house is near the road, you should not collect water.Top
fourth component of care: Feeding
Like any other plant, orchids need fertilizer for better growth.
And before you start this process, it is important to remember three important rules:
- Each plant variety has different requirements for feeding.
- better not supplementation than overfeed because it is fraught with the loss of flowers and buds.
- Fertilize orchids need only a special "food" for the corresponding varieties of orchids.
As a rule, buying fertilizer for your orchid varieties, the packaging instruction manual.Its observance will include flower healthy.Also, you can always consult with a specialist about the peculiarities of feeding it to your plant variety.
When orchids do not need to fertilize:
- immediately after purchase.As a rule, before to transplant a plant from the greenhouse for sale, it thoroughly fed.And in the next 2 years the plant will not need fertilizer and transplanting.But if there was a need to replant, so with that you need to feed it.
- during flowering.In the greenhouse, which contains the plant prior to the sale, plants get a balanced fertilizer "on schedule."Therefore, if you feed it during flowering, it will reset all the flowers and buds.
- Svezheperesazhennye not healthy and weakened plants.For plants that are in a state other necessary preparations.And they are not able to feed taken until recovery rooting.
- During the "sleep" in the winter.
At all other times, fertilize the plant according to the instructions for the selected drug.
Helpful Hint: Acquire specialized fertilizer specifically for orchids and their varieties only in specialty stores.Use it according to instructions.This ensures the quality of feeding, and declared by the manufacturer because the result will be real.
fifth component of care: Transplant
On average, regardless of grade, orchid needs a transplant every 2 - 3 years.An exception may be only when the pot has become small.Signals latter are: the suspension of growth of the flower and lifting of the roots on the soil surface.
As for the grafting, it is carried out in a few simple steps.
stage of basic transplant orchids:
- prepare all the necessary tools, the new pot, substrate and water.
- Remove the plant from the pot.If it is difficult to plant roots previously needed to soak in the water temperature is not less than 30 degrees for half an hour.Then gently pull the flower out of the pot, taking care not to damage the roots, as they are very susceptible to infections.Inspect the roots, make sure that there propped roots.If they exist, they must be neatly cut, disinfect with a solution of potassium permanganate or a special orchid.
- At the bottom of the new pot to put drainage layer, then pour a part of the substrate and insert an orchid.Holding the plant, gradually add the substrate by tapping on the wall for uniform distribution of its pot.It is important that no voids.
- After transplantation pritemnennoe put orchids in place for a couple of days.
Note that if the orchid mnopodialnaya, then plant it should be in the middle of the pot.And if a Bulba, then plant it should be closer to one of the walls to have a place for new cuttings.
- Council 1. for transplant choose a pot of transparent material with holes in the bottom.The roots of the plants should be in the "freedom", so the clay pots are not suitable.In addition, to control the dryness of soil in the pot is much easier to clear.
- Council 2. During transplantation sure to use gloves, since the roots of orchids are very sensitive to bacteria.
- Council 3. Each variety has its own characteristics orchid transplant.Therefore, when purchasing the plant should consult with the seller on the specifics of transplanting plants.
- Council 4. transplanting orchids in the new pot, choose it not much more than the previous.Otherwise, the flower will be difficult to adapt to such a large space, and for a long time can not grow or do not bloom.