simple and luxurious at the same time, the orchid is popular all over the world.This plant features the most unusual colors.It is native to the tropics and subtropics.So the main need of orchids - it is moisture and the sun, but not direct and, in any case, not scorching.
There are more than hundreds of thousands of species and varieties of orchids.But the contents of the room, only a few are suitable.The most popular of them is Faleonopsis, Milton, Cymbidium, Vanda, Cattleya, Oncidium, Dendrobium and angraecum.Each plant variety shows in different ways and require different rules of care.But there are some common methods and rules of correct and simple growing orchids at home.By following them, you will always see the plant flowering and healthy.
- Method one: Temperature
- Method two: Lighting
- Method three: Watering
- Method Four: Feeding
- Method Five: Reproduction
- sixth method: Transplant
Method one: Temperature
ensure proper temperature in the room where the "live" Orchid - is the basis of the content of healthy flower.
Depending on the variety, the flowers are divided into three temperature groups:
- thermophilic.For these plants optimum temperature is 18 26 degrees.
- Moderate.These plants grow well at 13 degrees 18.
- lovers coolness.For these orchids enough +8 +18 degrees.
On average, for all orchids, daily temperature in summer should be 20 degrees.In winter, the optimal stick 15 - 17 degrees during the day and a couple of degrees lower - at night.
Soaking the difference between night and day degrees can provide the plant with new peduncles and maintain a long enough period of flowering.
- Council 1. flowers to grow well and bloom in the room where they are located, money had to be drafts.Choose a location where the flowers are not afraid of a draft, and periodically check to see if they are.
- Council 2. Monitor air quality.Orchids do not like stuffy and too hot dry air.The optimal humidity is 75%.So you need to regularly ventilate the room, their contents, and the flowers themselves "to walk" on the balcony.These actions will ensure good growth and flowers blooming.
- Council 3. To orchid bloomed permanently or as long as possible, arrange her temperature contrast.Just leave a flower at night on the balcony (in winter only if it is glazed), and in the morning, store room.Do it, and do not often see that a plant is not supercooled and not proskvozilo it.
Method two: Lighting
Proper lighting - an important part of proper care of the plant.From this depends largely on whether the plant to bloom and for how long.
Orchid needs a uniform and diffused light, at the same time quite intense, but not a direct and vivid.It is important to ensure the plant a 12-hour daylight.
Based on this, the best place in the house for the location of orchids will be a window to the east or west side of the drawn blinds or tulle.By the way, the blinds make it possible to diffuse lighting that is most appropriate.
But to put a plant on the windowsill under the scorching sun - you can not.Otherwise, the flower just burn.
- Council 1. need to periodically rotate the pot of orchid that it is evenly lit from all sides.
- Council 2. In winter, the plant is necessary to provide additional coverage.Orchid photophilous plant, so without proper lighting will not be able to please you with its beautiful colors.
Method three: Watering
Orchid - a plant that grows in the wild in humid climates of South and Central America, and South Asia.Because it requires sufficient moisture.
Watering orchids should be moderate, depending on the climate in the room in which it resides.If the air in the room is sufficiently hot and dry, the water should be more frequent.
also important to remember that in the summer and winter watering regime is somewhat different.In summer, orchids should be watered once every three days, and in winter - no more than twice a week.Between each watering the soil should dry out completely.If it is wet, so watering should be postponed.Define it's just enough to feel the ground with his hands.
To avoid overflow and water retention in the soil, the orchid must remain transparent plastic pot with holes.This will simplify the control of soil moisture.For example, if the walls of the pot there is no condensation, then it is time to water the plant.
often and a lot of watering orchids is unacceptable.As it is unacceptable to pour hard water.The optimum soft or boiled water, barely warm, but not icy.
to plant bloomed constantly and rapidly growing, once a month is necessary to arrange them "big" bathing in hot water.Just put the pots into the bathroom, turn on the shower with hot water and moderate watering them.After the "rain" blot with a paper towel leaves and flowers.
Such a hot shower will allow the colors to feel in the tropics.Therefore, the result will not keep you waiting.
to maintain the desired moisture content of soil, flower pots should be put on a pallet, the bottom of which is covered by expanded clay.Periodically, the pallet must add water, but so that the bottom of the pot does not touch the water.This method of wetting the ground (irrigation) is good because the water does not fall on the plant itself.
flowers also can be watered by spraying.Just spray them out of irrigated soft water, then wipe the wall outlet and wipe the leaves.
The best time for watering is the first half of the day, but rather the morning.
- Council 1. To know when to water the orchids, just look at its roots.If one has a silver deck - it means it's time to their "water."
- Council 2. water for irrigation is harvested in advance.Enter a tap water in the tank and defend it.Keep defend the water in the heat that before watering it was barely warm.Harvested water can be a few days before watering.
Method Four: Feeding
stability and good growth, the orchid should be repotted only in special primer - substrate for orchids.It can be bought in any flower shop.Similarly, with fertilizers.Specialist shop will tell you the best option is for feeding your plants.
Most often, fertilizing (fertilizer) is sold in a package labeled "orchid" and is ready to "cocktail" of nutrients and vitamin compounds.
Fertilize plants only when it does not bloom.The best would be if a small amount of dressing to fertilize the plant in the periods between flowering.
- Council 1. only feed the plants with a special compound and in accordance with the instructions contained in the package with the dressing.This will avoid saturation and lack of nutrients and thus preserve flower healthy and flourishing.
- Council 2. If a plant is not healthy, it is better to postpone the fertilizer and to consult with leading experts.This will protect the plant from destruction.
Method Five: Reproduction
Depending on the species and varieties of orchids, you can multiply:
pseudobulbs propagated asTypically, Likasty and Zigopetalumy.For this pseudobulb plants is deposited in different pots with damp moss.Already in the short time they give the young shoots.
shanks propagated Dendrobium and vanilla.To do this, the nodes of stems are placed in the ground and has prepared some time later from the kidneys appear young stems.
Seed propagated any sort and type of orchid.But this is a very complex process that is rarely successful.Seeds of plants like dust.They are completely deprived of the nutrient medium.Therefore, they should be planted at the root sponge.
After some time erupt germs that need to raise the first time in the greenhouse, maintaining an acceptable climate.It is important that the landing was made in sterile conditions, which is extremely difficult to achieve at home.
baby.So propagated mainly Faleonopsis.But also, it is possible to multiply kiddies and other varieties of orchids.To make this possible, the plant should grow in conditions as close to natural.Then the baby is formed after flowering.
Before you unplug it, you need to wait for a kidney "wake up" and let the silver roots.Sometimes the awakening of the kidney is necessary to stimulate an increase in air humidity and temperature in the room.When roots grow back up to five centimeters and appear shoots, baby can be deposited.
This method of reproduction is not the best, since the period of the formation of the kids has a detrimental effect on the mother plant.And so the plant is not killed, he needs special care.
Any method of reproduction orchids should be performed with sterile instruments.Orchid quite sensitive to different genus of bacteria and infections.
- Council 1. transplant Perform gloves and disinfect with alcohol beforehand tools, pots and other things that may come into contact with the plant.This will prevent possible contamination and the loss of the flower.
- Council 2. After transplanting orchids each side, to support the new shoots to grow the plant correctly.
sixth method: Transplant
Immediately after buying the plant it should be transplanted.As a rule, for the sale of orchids are planted in "temporary" ground, which in addition to the substrate contains pieces of foam and moss.In addition, you can often detect the decay of rhizomes.
Buying flower, not immediately buy such a tool:
- appropriate size plastic pot (not for growth) with the holes in the bottom and sides.It is this pot lets you ventilate the soil and maintain a normal climate.
- pebble or a large concrete block.Stones need to pre-wash under running water.
- Close coconut substrate or pine bark.
- Special sticks with clips.This tool is needed to transplant a flowering orchids.
- few pieces of foam.
- activated charcoal or a bag of ground cinnamon.
- Foot Bath soak the roots.
- scissors, disinfectant or alcohol.
transplanting process is performed so:
- At the bottom of the pot put the washed pebbles or expanded clay.Both types of stones are good thanks to its rounded shapes that do not cut the roots.
- neatly laid out flower from the pot and clean the roots from the substrate.If you have dry or nadgnivshie roots - cut them with scissors, previously disinfected.
- Soak roots in the bath with water at room temperature for 15 minutes.This time is enough to roots "drunk" the water.Then re-examine the roots and make sure that they are safe and healthy.Their health said elastic structure of succulent green, silver, yellow or white.If they are limp and empty, crumple easily under the fingers are black or brown - remove them safely.This rotten roots that will kill the plant.After removing the unhealthy roots of the remaining sections of the treated powder coal or cinnamon.This will prevent rotting.
- Leave treated flower in the air for an hour.During this time slices dry.
- on the pebbles, which laid the bottom of the pot, sprinkle pine bark or coco substrate.
- collect orchids in the palm roots and gently place them in a pot.
- under the base of the roots lay foam that will not allow water to soak in and will help them better ventilation.
- with one hand holding the flower, the second fill a pot of bark until it is complete.Then, tapping the pot on the table, tamp and spread the crust in the pot evenly.
- Put orchid on pre-selected location where it will be located at all times.Drizzle can be no earlier than a week.
Here thus comes right transplanting plants, which provide him with healthy growth and flowering.
Expert Advice: whole process of transplantation follow gloves.It is important to adhere to sterile at all stages of the process.This approach will prevent root rot, disease and lack of permanent flowering orchids.