Memory of a child - a unique gift of nature .Children's memory is different ability to memorize vast amounts of information and is the most long-term .An adult can easily forget what happened yesterday , but remember many details of childhood , which is especially noticeable in the elderly .That is why it is so important not to miss this time of grace , right to use it to the full and develop the child's memory .
• How to develop a child's memory?
We terrorizing preschoolers mathematical operations, carefully considered letter syllabic learning to read.Nowhere and never in a person's life, is not given much time to the development of memory!But if the right approach is most parents choose?After all, memory is a bonding solution-retaining blocks of knowledge which form a monolithic wall of Education.That is why it is more important to develop the skills a child memorizing rather than skill adding two-digit numbers in his mind, or speed reading.It was a good memory is the key to successful study of the child in the future, a healthy psyche and enormous savings of time and energy, both the child and his parents and teachers.Therefore, to better schools do not focus on the acquisition of skills of a toddler, and so that it will teach at the school, namely the development of a children's memory.
There is another reason why memorizing skills is to hone itself at an early age.Thinking the child is not constrained with all sorts of taboos baby consciousness freely, not limited the scope of "this can not be."Preschooler not surprising ability to speak Bun, Bunny hut building, living in the woods fairy Bag of Bones and Baba Yaga are as real for the child as cooing doves outside.For him, did not imagine the problem is non-existent, incompatible things, nafantazirovat unrealistic images and to combine improbable connections.Now, while the little genius has not lost its enchanting abilities, the best time to give him a quick memorization skills.
• Features and development of children's memory
Thinking child is unique.In fact, children do not think children perceive .The main feature of the children's memories are her syncretic .Simply put, the perception of the world a child takes in its full.That is, all objects , images, actions, emotions are inextricably linked with each other .Children squeal with delight , jumping for joy , freeze with delight , excitedly talk about the orange tram.Children experience more complete and vivid than in adults .That is why the children's memories are more long-lasting.
What all this memory?This is primarily images and associations deposited somewhere in the depths of the brain.What people remember for years to come?The fact that he had once shocked, amazed.Cobbled together with his father from childhood snowman with a carrot instead of a nose.This bright orange vegetable is etched in my memory forever.The velvet sound of the sea, salty wet strand of hair, a light warm sand tickling tiny soles ... All this is alive in our minds so far.But the expansion of the trinomial and chemical formula of benzene in our memory forever lost because of them, there are no sensations and images, they were dead to us in the process of remembering.
As a child the ability to learn a lot more as the child's memory is directly related to the emotions and all the kids are always interesting.In adults, this process is a little different, we are also better remember that due to the bright emotions, only the impressions are much less - had enough.For a child every day - the opening, every day begins and ends with the news of the same.In childhood lasts long time, the days of adult life as a flash flash.Of course, this is a purely psychological perception, but it is most clearly characterizes the difference that exists between children and adults.
Memories of a man held in the images, feelings , associations, and the stronger the emotion , the longer it is stored memory.That is why in early childhood need to develop imaginative and abstract thinking of the child, as the basic foundation for further development of a good memory .A child's ability to easily ignore the logical connections in the best possible help.
• Types of memory in children and the principles of development
Types of memory in children as in adults , are numerous.To distinguish operational , mechanical and logical , short and long term , voluntary and involuntary , direct and indirect forms of memory .Types of memory are classified according to the type of information that is stored : visual, auditory , motor memory , memory for numbers, words , faces .
With regard to the principles of the development of children's memory , it is the same for any type of memory, and at any age.Information you will need to remember to be imaginative and colorful , it must have hit , shake , surprised by something ( in fact, no matter what it is ) .Imprinted in the memory of the brightest moments of life , so to remember the amount of information , it is necessary to paint , lay on the auditory, visual and tactile images.
Also, do not forget that the memorized information must be understandable and interesting to the child.The information , which " has the nerves " is remembered by itself , spontaneously , it is not necessary to memorize , repeat painfully slow exercise , etc.Teach your baby to listen to their own emotions and feelings, to understand them .Thinking about the child's feelings caused by longer contribute to the development of children's memory , the consolidation of the information , rather than exercises and lessons.
• How to develop a child's memory: Lessons
Below are playing exercises for the development of the child's memory that will teach to find points of difference and similarity , to invent associations and images in the memory of objects and situations , organize the information you need .Game - this is the best , if not the only way to teach a child anything else .These game exercises for the development of the child's memory not only help to develop the child's memory , but will be able to color and enrich the perception of the world , to learn to see what previously took the attention .
- Lesson number one.Day First you need to push the boundaries of imagination.Try to do it with such unusual offerings : "Imagine the sound of a fluffy white cloud ? ", " Draw a bird that no one has ever seen ", " Draw the smell of mom's perfume ", " What do you feel if you will touch a rainbow ?".
- Lesson number 2.Called baby first familiar words, for example: doctor, smile, apple, and he lists you let associations arise in his mind at these words.Description associations should do under the scheme: color, shape, what they smell, taste and touch.Record adjectives, and then list them.It is necessary that the child remembered the word association in line with this group of adjectives.This activity will help to develop the skills and memorizing shortcut - "resurrection" of the memory required information.Then complicate the task, and is used to render images of the word unfamiliar to the child.
- Lesson number 3.It is a variant of the previous exercise in the complexity of the association.Continue previous game , complicating its terms .You will not enumerate all, but only one - two specific , in your opinion , the details of the description of the subject, and the kid has to remember the object.For example, "white" - a child says that this doctor, "red- warm " - smile, " tasty - round " - this is an apple.
- Lesson number 4.Take buttons , matches , small parts designer paper , which can crush , tear , cut .The child dictates the words at the interval for which he will lay out properly - Association for words .Then let the child , after a while, repeat to hear from you , looking at the figures posted them .
- Lesson number 5.Playing exercises to develop the memory of the child to visualize words unfamiliar to the baby.Let the child or draws or verbally describes the image that comes to his mind for some new word."Looks like gibberish, submodality electrification?What color are these words, they smell, what to touch? ".You can use the game a variety of terms and concepts, foreign words.The kid does not necessarily clarify their true meaning, or to communicate with them there is the image - at his age it can even superfluous.Let him know these concepts later, or even at school - different from the "usual" meaning it can seriously surprise and impress, and this, as you know, is very good to remember.
- Lesson number 6.Let the kid will select any object and " revive " it , put the selected object intelligence, the ability to move and speak .Where will he tell you what he would do , becoming alive among some subjects will feel comfortable .Thus, we can think of the whole story, about how " there lived a ... . " An animated thing.It will develop the child's thinking , cause- effect relationships , teach the child to remember not only the objects, but also events associated with it .
- Lesson number 7.This game is quite well-known and widespread .You lay out cards - pictures , as the child tries to remember them , then the card is turned over, and the kid has to name them .Over time, the task becomes more complicated picture gets bigger each time , and time for memorizing - less and less .
- Lesson number 8.Use the previous game as a warm-up.The next step involves the use of two rows of cards, does unrelated.The kid puts his picture, for example "ball", and you - their own, such as "cabinet", the child must quickly and firmly to tie these two words, and then, looking at the ball, name your image, you have a closet.Afterwards, you need not to spread the card, only to name a word to use not only visual, but auditory memory types of the child.Over time, increase the list of words, and reduces the time for remembering and giving answers.
- Lesson number nine.Playing the association.You need to call the words that the child can call interconnected association.For example, you say "moon," and lists the baby's own associations to the word: the moon - space - astronauts - a spaceship - Planet - aliens ....Next thing called the last word of the associative chains and the kid has to repeat the word-links in the reverse order from the last to the first word.Make it easy, if the association will be linked or stacked in the story: aliens living on another planet, which came on a starship astronauts on space, which is the moon.
• The development of a children's memory of her species
If you recall the NLP with its classification, people are divided into: a visual - perceive the world mainly through visual images, audialov - after hearing kinestetikov - through the senses.It becomes clear that vizuly try to see what you need to remember audialy - to hear, etc.Therefore, parents need to find out which category their kid, and that, for example, to develop a child's memory, visual, you need to focus on exercises aimed at the development of auditory and tactile memory, that is, that the least developed.If your child has a bad memory for numbers, for example, find out why to start - this is the problem accounts, that is a sequence of auditory associations, writing or memorizing numbers, and others. And begins to engage as a warm-up for the child the easiest forms of memory, and then Concentrateon the Least Developed kinds of memory.
The suggestions below are playing lessons on the development of a children's memory , among other things , also tested the ability of the kids, " exposing " the "weak " places , underdeveloped types of memory in children.For example, the baby can easily remember the visuals , but his memory is " slow" , when you want to remember for a hearing or set a logical association.Help your child can refer to techniques of memorization.
Logical laws allow to link scattered information logical link .When you want to remember a list of unrelated words to each other , or images, the easiest way - to come up with a logical connection to them , helping then to "pull " from the memory word by word , to restore the entire list .Simply put, from disparate words constitute a related story or a fairy tale , and then played back , remembering the course of composing text words.
• Exercises for the development of the child's memory
- Exercises on successive association.This exercise involves memorization is not the words themselves , and associations invented them .This technique is used when you need to remember something abstract : the concepts or foreign , unknown words , then for each of the " do not speak " words come up with a bright association , that's it , and it is deposited in the memory.
- Exercises on phonetic association.This method involves the selection of congruent associations.The technique is good at memorizing learning foreign words.For example, if you need to remember the English word «ball» - the ball in the translation , the child is that he touched the ball during the game, and he felt the "pain" .
- Exercises autobiographical associationsAssociations with actually experienced events .For example, to remember a text about the life of marine fish .Here in the memory pops up your trip to Egypt, snorkelling and many brightly colored fish sailing nearby.And " attach " the facts and substance to your recollection , you can easily remember lyrics .
- Exercises for development of the child's memory, "Painting and aggravation."This method involves the transformation of the black-and- white image information - in color , flat - in bulk , small - to large.Well remembered especially gipertrofiruemye images , that is over-exaggerated , or vice versa .
- Exercises for development of the child's memory to "Entry".It should be like to come in the proposed pictures, become a member of the events depicted therein.Co-sensations provides an opportunity to strengthen the submission, to feel the roughness, sound, smell, taste, color represents the image.This method is called tactile, olfactory memory.After all, in fact, any "something" can easily imagine how the object having the color, shape, size, smell, texture.Only here the last two qualities we will use very rarely.Therefore, it is useful to develop these skills memorizing, determining what, for example, the smell of the word "transcription" or what is the word "genetics" to the touch?
- Exercises for redundancy.This method involves the use for storing more information than is available in the feedstock .Emphasis is placed on minor details .In this case, the activated ability to see , feel and be more than it really is .
- Exercises on the alphanumeric code.Especially useful are classes for children with poor memory for numbers, dates, etc.Digital information is more abstract than verbal, and it requires transcoding, that is a kind of revival of figures and numbers.The numbers from 0 to 9 need to be represented in the form of shaped hooks or familiar things.For example, 1 - as a stick, 2 - a swan ... 9 - inverted keyhole.Then in memorizing larger number of figures captured in the images of the figures linked to the overall picture or story.For lack of confusion in remembering multiple numbers with repeating digits, each of them once thought out of multiple images.For example, 8 - glasses, bow, snowman, matryoshka.
- Cicero method.The essence of this method is to store the items and arrange the images mentally in a familiar room.Then it will be enough to remember the room to the right information has emerged from the children's memory.
- Combined method.This technique is based on the fact that the more associations the child is familiar with any new information, the storage of it stronger.Therefore it is necessary to exaggerate, to paint, to make move, to revive, to become actors in the information chain, to replace real information enhanced images, unexpected way to connect, impossible in life.It should make the information unique, make it colorful fireworks lights in memory of the child.When he will train, the Association will build so quickly that while it will stop storing longer than the receipt of the information.
• Which method is best if the child has a bad memory?
If your child has a bad memory, and the information really need to remember, for example, learn a poem or a rule of homework, draw on the skills of remembering that most of the child development: visualization, listening, listening and recording combine in a notebook dictation,etc.When it affects the performance of the child should not be experimenting - failure, bad marks, in spite of his efforts, may become a sort of "blockers" of memory, and attempts to remember anything be rejected at a subconscious level, causing unpleasant associations with past failures.
When you improve the skills of fast memory, quick-thinking child exercise if your child has a bad memory, you must first work out to automaticity all techniques, starting with the one that gives the child the easiest.If you isolate the best technique does not work, after a sufficient amount of exercise, allow your child to relax, trust your first feeling is very bright and memorable.Let him tell you that the first thing comes to mind when he sees, hears or reads the job - you can easily understand what he is most strong.
• How best to teach poetry to memorize texts or if the child has a bad memory?
Adult aloud and slowly reads a poem, lines, or complete sentences.The child listens to him with his eyes closed, imagining and "prorisovyvaya" every line of verse, saturating imaginary picture details.These minor components should be a lot to become a poetic image brighter.Do not be afraid uncluttered - it is, on the contrary, well, so baby begins to "get used" to the picture drawn by him or the situation, becoming protagonist of the narrative.Even better, the child begins to see not just a line, but the smell, the temperature of the surface of the described items.Then the child will only need to "describe" a world that has created his imagination.To read a poem in memory, to remind retelling of the text, teach your baby if possible, replace the word synonymous disciples to listen to the sound of spoken words, rhythm and rhyme verses.
When a child has matured to the so-called systemic perception of the volume of information that is you, for example, decided to read with him the children's encyclopedia, a retelling of the individual chapters in the future, it is best to allocate enough time for it, and offer your child to enter a ritual that allows himconcentrate, enter into a state of concentration.Children are able to believe in anything, so you will not be difficult to say that a few deep breaths before class helps to remember better.You can associate this method with some fabulous hero of his favorite books: "It always did Superman, when he had to remember / recall something ...".Repeat several times these movements before classes, baby connect the rite latching attention.In the future, when you want to quickly focus, the child will be sufficient to repeat a familiar ritual.
Then read the text, so that in the mind of the author and the name of the recorded text, the action, the facts of the main content.On the first couple discuss in detail all the course reading: compare the author's name to an animal, the name of a picture book, let him try to imagine yourself in the "Land of Dinosaurs", or in other situations, the relevant subject.Then let the baby responds to simple questions: who is the author of the book, the name of the story where the action is. ... When grind skill to answer questions, the child will start itself automatically to provide answers in the retelling.Working with the text, which is replete with lots of concepts and facts, give your child a pencil and paper, let him sketching or writing anything that helps him to fix the information in memory.And let you absolutely can not make out they depicted "squiggles", as long as these "doodles" helped him to reproduce the text.
If you need to memorize a lot of information, try to draw a card, using colored markers.Start with the middle of the sheet by writing or depicting in the center of the main idea or theme of the story, and then configure the branching units, indicating on which parts of the text is divided, number them in order of narration.For each block write keyword or image.These "keys" should reflect the main essence of the idea of partition, to awaken the memory.A separate color highlights the fact of importance.If the content of the text is clear for the child, you may receive feedback on hear or read, comments on the text and the personal attitude to the situation - it all helps in the retelling.Add more characters and drawings, and will be easier to remember, and the association will expand and secure.The memory card is required to display the key points, such as who is doing what, where, when, how, why.All of this will store the information in the active area longer child's memory.
• How, and at what age to develop memory as a child?
There are theories that the memory of the children have since birth, and even more than that - the children remember even prenatal period of his life, but only unconsciously.Nevertheless, talk seriously about the child's memory can only be 9 months when the brain reaches a minimum value of the baby in its volume, which is necessary for the "inclusion" of intelligence - 750-800 cu.see. The human brain at a lower volume is simply not capable of any thought processes.You can easily find confirmation of this, if you watch the kid: 6 months crumb loses all interest in a toy, if you remove it from his sight.The six-month baby is not looking for it and does not even remember.While in the first 9 months it starts to look around in search of missing quizzically.Thus, we can assume that the child remained in the memory, the "footprint" of the toy that is appears the memory.Kid already understands and remembers what it was, and so somewhere and now it is.Since then, the memory formed in children, and to further develop the ability to remember all the great volumes of information.
In fact, the child can develop a memory from when she appeared.Only 9 months of age to do more than simply talk with the child, to teach basic words, names, familiar with the new toys.By the development of memory in general should be treated solely as a game, not as laborious, exhausting work.And here you can play everywhere and almost always: go for a walk, you can find cars in the yard, to learn the names of the swing on the playground or on the go, or come up with a story about the poem "horned" tram.Therefore, no time limit games do not have the educational memory.The only thing, remember that you can keep the children's attention on any one type of activity no more than 15-20 minutes.
There are games on the development of a children's memory for kids from 10 months to 1.5 years , for example, "Where is Daddy? " "Find the toy ", " What's missing ."Even in the very names are embedded rules.Someone hides or conceals something that you need to remember , and then find .
For older kids , there are games like " Magic bag ", " Check object" .In these games the child should touch to identify and name the object - a game for the development of tactile memory.To develop motor memory, there are games "Sea Wave" , " Do as I do ."A child comes up with movement or posture , that adult should guess.Or repetitive movements for adults , over time the pace is accelerating , and the movements themselves are complicated .
If you have multiple kids or just kids going to play together , try to bring the spirit of competition : who will call who most will remember who came up with the most amazing , incredible image and so on.
In addition to the games , memorizing poetry , reading books , solving puzzles , riddles and puzzles as well develop memory, thinking the child and memorizing skills .
Remember that the more attention you pay to the development of different types of childhood memory , imagination and attention , the higher the intellectual potential of your baby.
And a little more about how to develop memory, and what to do if a child has a bad memory: