Happy Easter, Holy Resurrection - are the most important holiday for all Orthodox believers.Church calls the triumph of the Easter holiday celebrations, holiday festivals.Easter Day is celebrated widely and has its own special traditions.
1. The history of Easter
2. When the Passover each year: 2013-2020gg
3. Easter traditions
4. Easter traditions: Easter table
5. Easter Egg
6. Easter eggs and traditions
7. Easter decoration on eggs: how to paint eggs?
8. Easter Egg, painted onion
9. Natural dyes for Easter eggs
10. Easter symbols on the eggs
- History Easter
The feast of Passover was established as early as the year 325, the first Ecumenical Council.On this sacred day all Orthodox world triumphant resurrection of Jesus Christ, atoned for the sins by His death and His resurrection gave hope to the life of man after death.The Easter holiday symbolizes the victory of life
same Council decided that the celebration of Easter should be held on the first Sunday following the first full moon after the vernal equinox coming.That is why the feast of Easter each year falls on different days of spring, covering the period from 4 April to 8 May.When the Easter 2013 - This year Easter Day is celebrated on May 5th.
When the Passover each year
- Easter traditions
There are many Orthodox traditions that are associated with the celebration of Easter.Since ancient times, in the light holiday of Easter covered with a special table, preparing special dishes.
For example, there is a custom of painting Easter eggs.Easter egg carries a special meaning, and this tradition Easter has a deep justification.There is a proverb that Mary Magdalene, one of the students of Christ the Savior, preached in Rome.And once presented as a gift to Emperor Tiberius the egg white with the words "Christ is risen!".The emperor was surprised and said: "How can someone rise from the dead?It is impossible to believe.It is also hard to believe that, in fact, that it is suddenly a white egg can become red! ".As tells the parable, while the Emperor is not yet finished speaking, the egg has already started to change color, first turned pink, then dark and in the end, it was bright red!They say it is here, and went to the annual Easter tradition to give each other colored painted eggs.Since Easter egg became mandatory attribute of the holiday, and Easter decor has become a real art.
On the day of Easter, traditionally people greet each other with words that have deep meaning: "Christ is risen!".And in response to this greeting, saying, "Truly He is risen!".This custom was formed during the time when the first boys and girls on the ground glorified Savior - Jesus Christ.After his resurrection, they said at the meeting: "The Lord is risen indeed" (risen from the dead - resurrected).
This Easter greeting expresses the deepest meaning of the holiday of Easter - the joy of life that conquers death.
- Easter traditions: Easter table
to celebrate Easter on the established tradition since ancient times is preparing a special table, which is called "Passover."Easter table mainly consists of Easter, which is made from cottage cheese, different kinds of bread Easter - Easter cakes and women , and of course, from boiled eggs painted in a special way.
addition to the Easter table is usually served smoked ham and pork, roasted and jellied pig, roast veal, poultry, various cakes, desserts and other sweet dishes, which break their after Lent.
put on the Easter table, and various snacks, cheeses, sausages, fish and so on.According to the custom of the Easter table put as liqueurs and wines, despite the fact that the consumption of alcoholic beverages Orthodoxy does not encourage at all.
housing, according to the tradition to decorate for Easter and spring flowers had time to blossom tree branches and bushes.
- Easter Egg
On the day of Easter on a platter served with painted Easter eggs.The center serves sometimes put wheat germ, symbolizing life.Accepted spread range of 12 colored Easter testicles - the number of the apostles of Christ, and one unpainted, white, placed in the center, devoting his Christ.
Tinted consecrated easter egg eat the first day of Easter, so razgovlyayas after Lent.
Easter eggs made not only apply to the festive table, but the entire Easter week to give each other.The egg is a symbol of old and emerging renewing life.In connection with this set of established customs of different peoples.In Russia, for example, in some areas during the construction of the house foundation laid egg to the work of the builders of the dispute, and the well-being and happiness is not left for future hosts.
One of the versions of the custom of giving and start to paint Easter eggs we are told, there is another version.Legend has it that an egg donated by Mary Magdalene on Easter Roman Emperor Tiberius, it was painted in red, symbolizing the color of blood, which is shed on the cross Christ.And it was written on the side of the egg, "HW", meaning "Christ is risen!»
There is also a modern, more rational explanation of the Easter tradition.Earlier Wednesday the first week of the 40-day fast, was forbidden to eat eggs.However, since the hens to the church calendar did not want to adapt, the eggs that they carried during Lent, somehow needed to save to Easter, they have not deteriorated.The only way at the time - is to cook them.And so raw and cooked eggs do not mix in the future, for boiling water was added in a variety of plants that contain a pure natural dyes.
In Russia Easter painted Easter eggs laid in the germ, fresh green wheat, oats, and sometimes in the tiny leaves of watercress, especially pre-germinated for a holiday.
- Easter eggs and traditions
Most folk Easter festivities were organized various games with eggs.For example, in the villages of Easter eggs "rolled".We chose the small piece of land, trample down it well to smooth out space.Did shallow hole in the ground.Each of the participants in the game to bring their pets painted eggs, and laid them on these wells.The participants' task was to roll out another's egg, which he liked out of the hole.Easter eggs roll out with a special tapered rag ball, like a wheel.Getting any victory for those who have more eggs turned out after the game.
As was the custom of Easter eggs stored until next Easter, the whole year, as a symbol of faith and life, the egg eventually began to make out of wood, painting the ornaments, patterns, making the symbolic Easter eggs in the decor.Later, there were real works of art - porcelain Easter egg, Easter egg made of silver, decorated with precious stones.
- Easter decoration on eggs: how to paint eggs?
In recent years, we have forgotten a bit lazy and like to paint eggs.In the shops there were all sorts of colorful stickers that are simple and easy to fix on the egg, put it in hot water.But the best is still to make Easter decorations on their own, giving thus a tribute to tradition and expressing gratitude to the Savior.Besides pure natural dyes is much more useful than plastic sheeting, of unknown origin.
for coloring eggs often use onion peel, collecting it in advance with the bulbs.Depending on the color saturation peel egg coloring, can turn from light tan to dark brown.If you want to color was more saturated, then take more peel and boil it yourself for half an hour before the eggs drop into the broth.Almost purple eggs obtained if paint them husk of red onion.Among other things, painted eggs and birch leaves, or using food coloring.
- Easter Egg, painted onion
eggs, dyed onions acquire a beautiful color and wonderful flavor.
- - To begin with eggs thoroughly rinse.If not washed away the factory stamp, try to wash it with vinegar, but remember that this place will be lighter on the painted egg.Use on Easter decor harvested in the spring and summer small dried leaves of wild strawberry, gooseberry, cumin, can take a fresh leaf parsley and so on.Leaf attach to the egg, tightly wrap it in gauze bandage or wrap the wide and secure as kulechek, wound thread.
- - In the absence of the dried leaves, you can just make spots on the eggs using Fig.To do this, dip the egg into the water first, and then into the rice, and tie.Prettier, when the rice is rare.With the same success it is possible to use other grains.
- - Easter decor eggs can be done, tying them in plastic mesh that are commonly used in the form of packaging, selling vegetables.Then get a geometric pattern.
- - Marble pattern on Easter eggs can be dipped into the water pieces of onion peel and attach their eggs, and tying in kulёchek.From peels can also be cut into small diamonds, squares, triangles, and wet glue, attach to the egg.Before cooking easter egg tie and you have to get after dyeing original geometric pattern.
- - you can boil eggs by wrapping them with colored threads, after cooking for them will be interesting original divorce.
- - When all the eggs are prepared to interpret their onion skins, pour into a saucepan with cold water and leave for a few hours.Then bring to a boil and cook 30 minutes over low heat.It is desirable to leave the eggs to cool in onion broth.
- - then you need to wash the eggs with warm water, and after the Drain, brush a little sunflower oil.This is to ensure that the painted Easter eggs glistened, and paint them swam and did not take his hands.
- - to when cooked eggs do not burst, you need to hold them for about an hour at room temperature or warm.For these into the water when cooking add a tablespoon teaspoon salt.
- - To paint the eggs are not outside, but inside, you need to boil their 3 minutes and then get and pierce in several places with a needle shell, then re-send still boiling on the fire for 2-3 minutes in the water with a strong brew andcinnamon, cloves and coriander.
- - To paint the eggs quickly, boil them for 10 minutes, along with some vegetables, for example, spinach (for green) or chopped beets (for the bright red color).
Natural dyes for Easter eggs
ocher will give 4 cup red onion peel.They need to cook the eggs for 30 minutes or 1 hour.Depending on the amount of soaking time, the eggs may acquire from bright red to dark red.
Add turmeric in hot water - 2-3 table spoons, boil to color became more intense.
In hot water, add the flowers of violets, and soak them overnight.If you add the water a little lemon juice, then get a lavender color.
To qualify, green, purple to the mix to add 1 teaspoon of baking soda or boiled eggs with spinach.
also lavender can be obtained if the eggs soak overnight in grape juice.
To get a pink hue, soak the already-boiled eggs in a beet or cranberry juice.
Take two of head of red cabbage, finely chop, add 500 ml of water and white vinegar - 6 table spoons.Soak overnight eggs in this composition to obtain a deep blue color.
• Pastel colors
To get soft pastel shades of pink or blue, you take a handful of blueberries or cranberries and rub shell eggs.
• Dark brown
rich brown color and incomparable aroma can be obtained, boil in 250 ml of coffee ready eggs.
- symbolism of Easter eggs on
symbols, which are used for the painting of Easter eggs, each have their importance, namely:
- 1. Pine - symbolizes health.
- 2. Black - this grief.On the basis of the black coated necessarily bright picture.Easter egg for the child is not on the black background, and a cherry.
- 3. dove - the symbol of the soul.
- 4. Dubok - a symbol of strength.
- 5. reticulum - a symbol of fate.
- 6. fishnet yellow - a symbol of the sun and the fate of being built here on earth.
- 7. White - symbolizes the beginning of all beginnings: that is the fate of being built in the sky.
- 8. dots - represent fertility.
- 9. Hops - also a symbol of fertility.
- 10. Plums - symbolize love.
- 11. Any berry - symbol of fertility and motherhood.
- 12. Flowers - symbolize girlhood.
little more about the traditions of Easter and Passover story: