Newborn hiccups after feeding: why and how to deal with it?
hiccups Hiccups - and if this is something serious? beset not only adults but also children.Sometimes they just happen, for no apparent reason.But often parents notice that the newborn hiccups after feeding.With what may be due to this unfortunate phenomenon, and how to help your child get rid of it?
We are looking for the cause and solution
Hiccups occur due to spasm of the diaphragm - the respiratory muscles are located between the chest and abdominal cavity.When something irritates her nerves, the muscle begins to rapidly decline.The lungs are filled with air and the vocal chords at this moment abruptly slammed shut.So are born convulsive sobs.
reasons why a newborn hiccups after feeding, there may be several.The most common - swallowing air (aerophagia).Perhaps the baby suckles too quickly or incorrectly applied to it.As a result, along with the milk into his mouth get the air bubbles - the stomach stretches and puts pressure on the diaphragm.In children who are bottle-fed, Aerophagia can cause too big a hole in the nipple bottle.
to like this has happened, you need to carefully monitor the process of feeding:
- During suckling the child should be fully capture areola.
- If crumb exhibits excessive haste, it is recommended to take short breaks in feeding.Thrusting the child from the breast, mom should for 2-3 minutes to keep him upright.During this period, the baby will calm down, and from the stomach comes out all excess air.
- Children-bottle-nipple holes must be checked for bottles.They must be such that the mixture flows through them from one drop per second.
- after meals for 10-15 minutes, it is desirable to hold the newborn "a column."This will protect it not only from the hiccups, but also from other children's issues - regurgitation.If these do not help, you can give your baby 2-3 tablespoons of boiled water.
- often hiccups after feeding triggers overeating.Excess food pererastyagivaet the stomach wall, which leads to the excitation of the phrenic nerves.Avoid overfeeding help interruptions sucking or feeding in small portions (in this case the child is applied to the chest often).
- Many parents are well familiar with this problem kids as bloating Bloating - if you are bursting inside .Accumulating in the small intestine, irritate the air bubbles from below the diaphragm, which also leads to a hiccup.
- Excessive gas formation is often accompanied by children's colic.As a rule, illness worries babies after evening feedings.It helps to cope with abdominal massage Massage stomach: a slim body without drugs clockwise or receiving special recommended by a doctor medication.