Pantogam for newborns 'first aid' for nerve cells
According to pediatricians, more than 10% of today's children are born with neurological problems.Poor environment, poor nutrition, stress - all these negative factors that have to carry a pregnant woman, later reflected on her baby.To correct the violations doctors often have to resort to drug therapy.One of the safest drugs found Pantogam for newborns.
Pantogam - a drug belonging to the class of nootropics (noos in Greek - mind and tropos - direction).
nootropics What?It is drugs that positively affect the brain.They stimulate mental activity, increase resistance to oxygen starvation of the brain, improve cognitive (cognitive) abilities.Otherwise, even these drugs are called "stimulants of knowledge."
- true (only have the properties listed above),
- mixed (their action is complemented by any effects).
Pantogam - a brilliant representative of the second group.By stimulating brain activity, he also has a mild sedative effect.
active substance is Pantogam hopantenic acid molecule which consists of vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) and physiological bioregulator - gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).
Vitamin B5 improves metabolism improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting in nerve tissues, supports the development of nerve cells, the brain increases the resistance to the action of toxic compounds.Gamma-aminobutyric acid inhibits nerve excitability and excessive motor activity.Thus Pantogam helps the overall balance of excitation and inhibition in the central nervous system.
In childhood, indications for the drug are various neurological disorders:
- increased neuro-reflex excitability,
- perinatal encephalopathy (brain damage occurring during fetal development Developmentfetus - from week to week or during a difficult birth),
- cerebral palsy,
- movement disorders (such as high or low muscle tone),
- frequent urination,
- neuroinfection (drug is given as a part in the complextherapy),
- head injuries.
used drugs strictly on prescription.
How to take
For children up to three years Pantogam issued in the form of sugar syrup (used as sweeteners sorbitol and aspartame).The drug has a pleasant cherry flavor for kids.The bottle comes complete with measuring spoon.
single dose and pattern of use are determined by the doctor individually, depending on the child's condition.Usually, a newborn is given not more than 10 ml syrup per day.
dose increasing gradually during the first two weeks of treatment.Then the solution was taken for an additional 1-3 months and gradually (for 7-10 days) reduced dosage until the complete withdrawal of the drug.
give kids medicine 15-30 minutes before feeding.Given that Pantogam has a mild stimulating effect, it is recommended that the reception in the morning and afternoon hours.
Pantogam well tolerated by most children.In rare cases, allergic reactions can develop Allergic reactions: how to understand why you tickle in the throat :
- allergic rhinitis,
In this situation, you need to call your pediatrician - it will reduce the dose or replace it with another.
As with all nootropics, at the beginning of the reception Pantogam can cause sleep disturbances Dreams: how to understand our dreams .However, this phenomenon takes place quickly, so no drug withdrawal.
Contraindications to the use of Pantogam are:
- hypersensitivity to its components (hopantenic acid, citric acid, flavors).
- Acute renal disease (glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis).In these pathologies drug is poorly excreted, leading to its accumulation in the blood and overdose.Status appears excessive sleepiness, lethargy, confusion.
- Phenylketonuria (mental retardation).Aspartame belongs to the syrup composition, increases the level of phenylalanine in the blood, which exacerbates the disease.