The menstrual cycle in adolescents: possible failures
Unfortunately, not every girl knows that a menstrual period and menstrual cycle at all.Perhaps it is the fault of parents, schools where sex education is not carried out, so often for teenage girls first period is a shock.Another feature of the menstrual cycle at teenagers is its irregularity, frequent violations, as well as pain during menstruation.All this is even more nevrotiziruet girls, and they are afraid to address their problems, not only to the doctor, but also to the mother.The objective of each of her that is the education of his daughter about the features of the menstrual cycle, and in the case of various deviations promptly take her daughter to the gynecologist.
Menarche Menarche - a first period in the lives of girls and suggests that sexual development is normal.As a rule, the first month occur within a year - two years after the beginning of growth of pubic hair and armpits, breast enlargement and rapid growth of a teenager ("growth spurt").Normally, menarche appear between the ages of eleven and fourteen years old, but there may be deviations in either direction.
Time of first menstruation every girl individually and depends on many factors:
- heredity (if relatives in the family began early in the month, or, conversely, too late, we should expect the same thing from a teenage girl);
- physical development (proactive in the physical development of their peers increases the likelihood of an earlier onset of menstruation);
- disease (eg, frequent colds, chronic tonsillitis Chronic tonsillitis - inflammation of the tonsils and other influence on the formation of the menstrual cycle and timing of the first menstruation);
- nutrition (malnutrition prolongs the beginning of the first menstrual period);
- climate (girl raised in southern climates, start menstruating much earlier than girls who live in the North);
- emotional state (stress can significantly delay the onset of menstruation, or cause menstrual irregularities).
With the advent of menarche in girls starts to form the menstrual cycle.The special features of the menstrual cycle at teenagers include its duration.It may be too short (about 20-21 days), or, conversely, too long (45 days).Sami menstruation usually last from three to seven days, but the probability and longer periods.This is due to the fact that the endocrine system is still in development, and the amount of progesterone Progesterone - norm and pathology not always high enough to cause the rejection of the mucous membrane of the uterus (the decidua).Typically, these menstrual bleeding lasts more than seven days, but in the case of long-term monthly, seek medical advice.
menstrual cycle in the majority of adolescent girls established only two years after menarche.Normally, it must meet the following criteria:
- duration of not less than 21 days and not more than 35 days;
- menstrual period should last from three to seven days;
- menstrual blood loss should be less than 50 ml and not more than 150 ml.
Another feature of the menstrual cycle, particularly in girls menstrual pain is blocked.In relieving pain during menstruation can help moderate exercise, the heat on the lower abdomen, the restriction of tea, coffee and chocolate, in severe cases, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (naproxen, indomethacin).
Means for intimate hygiene
By choosing funds for personal hygiene teenage girl must be approached with the utmost seriousness.Independently girl fails to understand the huge variety of intimate pads feminine pads - talk about wings and tampons How to use tampon - basic precautions .Although advertisements should be noted that the use of tampons adolescents unacceptable.In choosing pads girl's mother should participate herself.It is not necessary to acquire a highly absorbent pad if the girl moderate or scanty menstruation.Such spacers may mislead her, it would be less likely to change them, which promotes the growth and reproduction of bacteria, and thus lead to inflammation.