Leeches - there are contraindications for use
Leeches, contraindications to the use of this method of treatment determined by the doctor individually.But there are general contraindications to be considered at all times.For example, should not be given treatment with leeches people with bleeding disorders and persistent reduction in blood pressure.
These mysterious leech
Leeches are segmented worms that live in lakes, ponds and marshes.This leech are a barometer in determining the purity of the water body.They are very sensitive to a variety of impurities and toxic substances.It has long been cultivated specifically medical leeches for medicinal purposes.But their growing has always been to be difficult.For this special people were selected, tranquil even-tempered and goodwill.
Even in ancient times, it was found that the leech accurately reads the information about the state of her contact with Gardener, and this, in turn, reflected on the impact of leeches on the body of the patient.That is why the leech can grow much more.And so it is difficult to calculate with absolute precision the impact of leeches on the body of a person.
leeches attach themselves to the skin of a person is not as horrible, but only in the acupuncture points through which the possible effects on the reflex or other authority.Furthermore, the saliva of leeches contain biologically active substances (BAS), which also have an effect on the organ concerned.
It is well established that the bite of the leech into the circulatory system of the person first gets the enzyme hyaluronidase, which enhances the permeability of the tissue and facilitates the penetration of the human body other biologically active substancescontained in the saliva of leeches.
The most studied BAVam allocated leeches refers hirudin inhibits blood clotting.
lowers blood pressure (BP) of medical leeches connected with mechanical unloading of blood flow, and (mostly) to the effect of low molecular weight biologically active substances secreted by leech saliva.It was also shown that leeches normalize cholesterol metabolism, suspend the development of atherosclerosis and have a regulating effect on the neuroendocrine system.
Leeches - indications and contraindications
Our ancestors used leech therapy to lower blood pressure in traumatic brain injuries, to remove the evil eye and spoilage, treatment of neuroses (including hysterical - obsession).Today hirudotherapy indications for greatly enhanced.Courses of treatment prescribed leeches, in the form of self-treatment (monotherapy), and as part of an integrated treatment of the following diseases:
- coronary heart disease (CHD) - angina Angina - consequences activity and rest, andin the recovery period after myocardial infarction;
- cerebrovascular disorders and condition after ischemic stroke (the recovery period);
- obliterating atherosclerosis of the lower extremities to prevent gangrene;
- diabetes, diabetic lesions of the limbs and organs of vision;
- hypertension and high blood pressure associated with kidney disease;
- venous insufficiency - varicose veins, hemorrhoids and thrombophlebitis;
- chronic inflammatory diseases of different localization: ENT, respiratory tract, liver, kidneys, male and female sexual organs;
- skin diseases - acne Acne: facial trouble , abrasions, eczema, scleroderma;
- neuroendocrine disorders - thyroid gland, gonads, and so on;
- diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system - neuroses, epilepsy, enuresis enuresis or urinary incontinence - how not to run a disease? , osteochondrosis, neuritis of peripheral nerves;
- ophthalmic diseases - acute and chronic inflammatory processes, metabolic and degenerative diseases, optic neuritis, and so on;
- in ENT practice - in acute and chronic neuritis of the auditory nerve, tinnitus;
- in dentistry - in inflammatory and metabolic-degenerative diseases of the periodontal tissues (periodontitis and paradontosis) postplombirovochnyh pain, and so on;
- inflammatory and metabolic and degenerative joint diseases - arthritis and osteoarthritis.
But girudoterapiya has contraindications:
- reduced blood clotting - hemorrhagic diathesis;
- significant (at least 20% of normal) decrease in blood pressure;
- different types of anemia;
- pregnancy, breast-feeding Breastfeeding - a personal choice breasts and menstruation;
Contraindications for use leeches are small, but they must comply with.