strength of the memory depends on the health and mental alertness.Schoolboy, preparing for final exams or professional who does everything to keep a sharp mind, or a mature person who wants to keep your brain in shape - each of them can do much to enhance memory and mental activity.
Scientists have shown that the human brain has an amazing ability to adapt and change, even into old age.This property is called neuroplasticity.With the right stimulation of the brain can form new neural pathways, alter existing connections, always adapt and respond in different ways.
This amazing ability of the brain allows you to increase cognitive abilities, enhance the ability to learn new information, and improve memory.
Do not neglect exercise and sleep
ability to remember increases when you keep your brain a good diet and a full bed.
Exercise increases the flow of oxygen to the brain, and reduce the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases that lead to memory loss.Exercise is a
When you enough sleep, the brain can not operate at full capacity.Creativity, the ability to solve problems and critical thinking are at risk.Learn whether you are working or trying to solve life problems, lack of sleep Dreams: how to understand our dreams - is a recipe for disaster.
But more sleep is important for learning and memory.Studies show that sleep is necessary to strengthen the memory, and the main processes, improve memory, occur during the deepest stages of sleep.
find time for friends and fun
it proved that the friendly relations and reliable support are vital not only for the emotional, but also for mental health.Studies show that people who lead very active social life, memory fades slowly.
engage in charity, to meet more often with friends, talking on the phone.Do not underestimate the pets, especially dogs.
Stress - one of the worst enemies of the brain.Over time, uncontrolled stress destroys brain cells and affects the hippocampus, a brain region involved in forming new memories and playing back the old.
science continues to prove the benefits of meditation for mental health.Meditation improves depression, anxiety, chronic pain, diabetes, high blood pressure.Meditation also improves concentration, creativity, learning ability and logic.
brain scans show that those who meditate regularly have more activity in the left prefrontal cortex, a brain region associated with feelings of joy and equanimity.Meditation also thickens the cerebral cortex and stimulates the communication between brain cells.All this increases the sharpness of mind and enhances memory.
addition to stress How to beat stress?Create an oasis , depression, anxiety and chronic anxiety can also have a strong negative impact on the brain.Some of the symptoms of depression and anxiety include difficulty concentrating, making decisions, remembering.Solving these problems will significantly improve cognitive abilities, including memory.
Follow the diet, useful for the brain
The brain, like the body, needs fuel.A diet based on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beneficial fats (olive oil, nuts, fish), and lean protein is very beneficial for health, but it can also enhance memory.But for brain health it is important not only what you eat, but what you do not eat.The following tips will help maintain the brain and reduce the risk of dementia:
- Omega-3 fatty acids.Evidence that omega-3 fatty acids beneficial to brain health, more and more.Salmon, tuna, halibut, trout, mackerel, sardines, herring are rich in these acids.If you do not like seafood, eat walnuts, ground flaxseed, flaxseed oil Linseed oil - the healing properties of a beautiful flower , pumpkin, beans, spinach, broccoli, pumpkin seeds, soybeans.
- Limit calories and saturated fats.Studies show that a diet rich in saturated fats (red meat, whole milk, butter, cheese, sour cream, ice cream) to increase the risk of dementia and to reduce the concentration and attention.Insufficient calories later in life can also increase the risk of intellectual disorders.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.They are rich in antioxidants, which protect brain cells from damage.Bright fruits and vegetables - especially good source of antioxidants.Eat green leafy vegetables - spinach, broccoli, lettuce, beet leaves, arugula, and fruit - bananas Bananas: benefit and harm to health , apricots, mango, melon, watermelon.
- Drink green tea.It contains polyphenols, powerful antioxidants that protect against free radicals, which can damage brain cells.Regular consumption of green tea can improve memory and slow brain aging.
- moderate use of wine or grape juice.Alcohol kills brain cells.But his moderate drinking (1 glass a day for women, two for men) may improve memory and perception.Red wine - the best option becauseit is rich in resveratrol - a flavonoid which enhances cerebral blood flow and reduces the risk of Alzheimer's disease.Other sources of resveratrol - grape juice, cranberry juice, fresh grapes and berries, peanuts.
Choose complex carbohydrates
to improve brain function, choose complex carbohydrates: whole grain bread, brown rice, oatmeal, cereals, legumes.Avoid semis and limit starches, potatoes, pasta, rice should occupy one quarter of the dish.
Train your brain
Any exercises to strengthen the memory will be useful if they meet three criteria:
- novelty.No matter how complex mental activity, if you are already owns it, it will not be a good exercise for the mind.It should be new to you.
- difficulty.All that requires mental effort and enhance your knowledge will be useful: a new language, playing a musical instrument, sports, difficult crossword puzzle.
- pleasure.It is important to enjoy the process of learning.The more you are interested and involved in the activity, the more benefit you will eject out of it.