Essential Oils: what benefit or harm from the use of
- Essential Oils: what benefit or harm from the use of
Essential oils - are substances of plant origin, which are derived from the roots, bark, flowers and seedsplants.They are widely used in the manufacture of cosmetics and aromatherapy, they are also used for massage and skin care at home.
How to choose essential oils
When choosing essential oils should take into account the result you want to get out of their use, the budget (some essential oils are very expensive), as well as personal preferences.If you do not like the smell of essential oils, it is unlikely to do you good - it is very important to bring the flavor you enjoy.
Packages quality essential oils should be infolistok, which lists the indications and contraindications for the use of this oil.Be sure to read this information before buying oil.
Do not forget your intuition if you are drawn to a particular flavor, probably, is not just - the body knows exactly what he needsand only our rational consciousness prevents him send us those messages.Listen to yourself and buy oil, which seems to you the most attractive at the moment.
Buy essential oils only well-known manufacturers.They may be substantially more expensive than other brands analogs, but the probability that you buy essential oil with various impurities is not very useful, is much lower.
use of essential oils
- Fragrant bath.Bath with essential oils - a very effective means to raise the mood, to relax and relieve stress.Add up to ten drops of an essential oil in 10 ml (about two teaspoons) vegetable oil or liquid soap, or pour essential oil into the water.This should be done immediately before you take a bath - otherwise the flavor will evaporate before you have time to enjoy it.Oils with strong flavors (e.g., essential oil of lemon, orange, peppermint, eucalyptus, sage) to be used in very moderate amounts - not more than two drops per bath.It is also possible to apply the essential oil mixed with massage oil, the entire body, and then go into the bath.
- Footbaths.On a small foot bath should be added to four drops of any essential oil;keep your feet warm fragrant water should be about twenty minutes.
- Body massage.To prepare a fragrant oil for body massage, mix up to six drops of essential oil with 10-15 mL (2-3 teaspoons) of carrier oil or lotion massage.
- facial massage.The concentration of essential oils in massage oils shall not exceed 1-3% (it is, for example, 1-3 drops per 5 ml or one teaspoon).For sensitive skin Sensitive skin: causes and care concentration may be even lower.
- treatment of damaged skin.Essential oils are used in the treatment of cuts, scratches, insect bites, acne, colds.As a rule, this applied tea tree oil Tea tree oil and / or lavender healing properties of lavender - not only pleasant aroma .The oil was applied to the affected skin area with a cotton ball.If the skin is very dry or cracked, ten minutes should be applied intense moisturizer.
Which essential oils can be dangerous
- during pregnancy is not recommended to use the essential oil of basil, cinnamon, sage, cypress, fennel, jasmine, juniper, marjoram, myrrh, marjoram, mint, marsh, peppermint, rose, rosemary, thyme.
- during breast-feeding should refrain from the use of essential oils of peppermint, parsley, sage and jasmine (studies have shown that jasmine reduces the production of milk in nursing mothers).
- high blood pressure should not use essential oils of cypress, eucalyptus, ginger, rose, rosemary, sage Sage - cvyaschennaya grass and thyme.
- If low blood pressure are undesirable volatile oils of nutmeg, sage, lavender, lemon, marjoram and ylang-ylang.
- People suffering from epilepsy contraindicated essential oils of fennel, hyssop, rosemary, sage and wormwood.
Popular essential oils and their properties
- anise essential oil improves mood, has a mild stimulating effect.
- basil essential oil relieves stress, gives strength and refreshes.Its flavor blends well with essential oils of lime, bergamot and sage.
- laurel essential oil calms and helps to relax.It is a component of many perfumes with spicy, oriental fragrance.
- bergamot essential oil is obtained by cold-pressed from the peel of nearly ripe fruit.It elevates mood, increases self-confidence, helps people who are depressed;moreover, it is excellent malodor.One of the components of the essential oil of bergamot makes the skin more sensitive to UV light, so it should be used with caution, especially - in the summer.
- cardamom essential oil is widely used in the perfume industry, often - in combination with essential oils of bergamot, ylang-ylang, cedar and coriander.In aromatherapy it is commonly used as a sedative.
- Rosemary essential oil has a flavor that gives strength and helps to organize his thoughts.Thanks to some of its components, it is part of many tools for the care of dark hair, air fresheners and disinfectants.
- sandalwood essential oil relaxes and at the same time - exciting, revealing the sensual part of man.It gives amazing flavors combined with essential oils of lavender, rose, neroli and bergamot.Moreover, it perfectly cleanses the skin and pores, so it is often used for skin care.
- essential oil of mint freshens, gives strength and calms the mind.It can be used to cleanse the skin, especially for people who are prone to acne.
- Orange essential oil has one of the most cheerful aromas which increases energy levels, quickly relieves stress and improves mood.