Impotence - a disorder in which a man does not come erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.This problem is very common, especially among older men.It is estimated that about half of men aged 40 to 70 years in varying degrees, suffer from impotence.
Symptoms The main symptom of impotence (or erectile dysfunction) is an erectile dysfunction.This disorder should not be confused with premature ejaculation when ejaculation occurs too early, but the erection still occur.
Some patients with impotence Impotence - a female perspective on the problem erectile dysfunction occurs only in certain situations.For example, a man can get an erection during masturbation, it also can occur erections during sleep, but during sexual contact with another person does not.In such cases, the most likely that impotence is caused by psychological reasons.If an erection does not occur under any circumstances, the reason for this is most likely a one time or another physical illness.
Consult your doctor if
causes of impotence can be:
- Cardiovascular disease;
- High blood pressure;
- Multiple Sclerosis;
- Parkinson's disease;
- spinal injury;
- Cushing's syndrome;
- Peyronie's disease;
- Reception following drugs: antidepressants, diuretics, beta blockers and other medications that are used for hypertension, corticosteroids Corticosteroids - what kind of substance and how they affect the human body , antiepileptic drugs, H2-blockers of histamine receptors, antiepileptic drugs.Talk to your doctor if you suspect that impotence has led some of the drugs that you are taking at the moment;
other direct and indirect causes of impotence can be a problem in the relationship seven problems in relationships and how to solve them , lack of sexual experience (this is one of the common causes of erection problems in young people), sexual problems inpast.In some men, impotence appears at the beginning of a new relationship - for example, because of a strong fear not meet the expectations of your partner.Severe fatigue, alcohol or drug abuse also sometimes become a cause of impotence.
Before you assign any diagnostic procedure, the doctor talks to the patient about his symptoms and general health.In addition, he can ask questions about whether you are taking drugs and eat any alcohol, how often do you have previously visited sex, about your sexual orientation, previously transferred to the psychological trauma related to the sexual sphere.
can then be assigned to a number of procedures to test for cardiovascular and other diseases that can cause impotence.Patients may also be referred to a psychologist or psychiatrist, to identify possible emotional problems that led to erectile dysfunction.
During diagnosis can also be used a method such as intracavernous test: administered directly into the penis synthetic hormone which stimulates the blood circulation.If the injection does not cause an erection Erection - what hinders and what helps a man to be a man , it likely indicates that blood flow to the penis is broken, and this problem can be resolved only by surgery.If the injection occurs after erection, impotence may cause problems with blood vessels, to identify which may require ultrasound.
method for treating impotence are selected on the basis of the reasons for the breach.If the cause was any disease primarily necessary to treat it and then, if necessary, to take additional measures to restore potency.
- Lifestyle changes may be recommended if the cause of impotence is diabetes or cardiovascular disease.If such patients are overweight, they should lose weight.It is also necessary to limit the consumption of alcohol, stop smoking, exercise regularly and learn to control stress levels.
- inhibitors of phosphodiesterase (PDE) type 5 most commonly used and effective drugs for the treatment of impotence.They temporarily increase blood flow to the penis, allowing erection occurs.For drugs of this type include sildenafil (better known as Viagra), tadalafil, vardenafil.
- PDE5 inhibitors take effect within 30-60 minutes of ingestion.After using sildenafil and vardenafil man can have sex one to ten hours.The effect of tadalafil is maintained up to 36 hours.All of these drugs work more slowly when taken with food, so it is usually recommended to do this on an empty stomach.Any PDE-5 inhibitors may be used no more than once per day.Side effects of these drugs may be nasal congestion, back pain, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, hot flashes, temporary blurred vision, muscle pain.
- Surgery for the treatment of impotence is usually given only to young men who have erectile dysfunction caused by severe pelvic trauma, as well as patients who have impotence caused by certain anatomical problems.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy and some other therapies are applied in cases where the cause of impotence are psychological problems.