Hypersexuality - a strong attraction
- Hypersexuality - strong attraction
Hypersexuality - too strong libido.Obsessed with sex, and the very high level of sexual activity in men hypersexuality can lead to health problems and serious difficulties at work and in their personal lives.
Since all people have different sexual temperament distinguish hypersexual from just a very temperamental, passionate man is not always easy - especially an outside observer, who is not a doctor.The man himself must assess their condition and behavior, and decide whether to prevent sexual activity.In the following cases it can be assumed that a person hypersexuality:
- He is very intense sexual impulses that he can not always control;
- Despite frequent intercourse, the man does not get satisfaction, or it is very short;
- man does not give up risky sexual behavior, despite the potentially serious consequences, such as disease, sexually transmitted infections, the rupture of relations with a loved one, problems at work;
- With frequent sex acts a man trying to cope with a variety of psychological problems, such as loneliness, depression, anxiety anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease? or stress How to beat stress?Create an oasis ;
- Man can not create and maintain a close and trusting relationship, even if he is married or if he has a permanent partner.
When to call a doctor
need to go to the doctor to anyone who feels that he can not control certain aspects of its behavior.Hypersexuality may eventually manifest itself more and more intense, so treatment should begin as soon as possible.Here are some questions to help you decide if you need medical care:
- Can you control their sexual impulses?
- Harms Does your sexual behavior personal life, work, or have other negative consequences?
- you always think about sex, even when you want to focus on something else?
- you are trying to hide their sexual behavior?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should consult your doctor.
suspected cause hypersexuality are:
- imbalance of neurotransmitters.Elevated levels of certain neurotransmitters, such as serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine associated with the development hypersexuality.
- level of hormones.Androgens - a male sex hormones, which are produced by both men and women, and have a significant effect on the libido.It is believed that they may be associated with hypersexuality, although it is unclear how.
- Diseases affecting the brain.Some diseases can cause damage to parts of the brain that affect sexual behavior.Such violations include multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, dementia, Huntington's disease, and others.
Hypersexuality can occur in both men and women, but it occurs more often in men.It occurs in people with any sexual orientation.The following factors increase the likelihood of a person hypersexuality:
- Abuse of alcohol or drugs;
- dependence on gambling and other addictions;
- mental disorders.
In addition, an increased risk of hypersexuality may say the following features:
- The man was and is a lot of sexual partners, and / or he has sex Sexual relations: how to bring passion out of wedlock;
- man had sex with unfamiliar people or with prostitutes;
- Avoiding emotional involvement in sexual relationships;
- Frequent masturbation, despite the presence of sexual partners;
- frequent use of pornographic materials;
hypersexuality may be:
- development of related psychological disorders, such as depression or anxiety disorder;
- financial problems due to the regular use of paid services of a sexual nature;
- infection with sexually transmitted diseases;
- unwanted pregnancy.
to treat hypersexuality can be used the following methods:
- Psychodynamic therapy.This method of psychotherapy methods of psychotherapy - behavioral modification through science help the patient understand the thoughts and motives, which are usually hidden in the unconscious, thereby begin to better understand their behavior and correct it.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy helps a person identify unhealthy, negative attitudes, and replace them with a healthy and positive.
- group therapy.This therapy involves working with a group of people suffering from hypersexuality.In the group of patients can get help, not only from a doctor, but also from other people facing the same problem, which he did.
- Family psychotherapy.If hypersexuality have had a significant impact on family life, therapy may need to not only him but also his family.
- Drug therapy at hypersexuality often used in conjunction with certain kinds of psychotherapy.
Most often patients the following types of products:
- Antidepressants.In most cases apply selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, such as fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline;
- Mood stabilizers such as lithium.Usually it is used to treat bipolar disorder, but it can also help to suppress uncontrolled sexual impulses.
It should be understood that the rapid healing is almost impossible, and during treatment may be failures, because that should not abandon the treatment.It is important that the patient is carefully followed the treatment plan - only provided that it can, over time, to overcome hypersexuality.