Placental abruption occurs in about one case in the 50 pregnancies.Most often it occurs in late pregnancy, or during active labor.But sometimes what happens detachment of the placenta in early pregnancy.
What is placental abruption
Placental abruption occurs when there is bleeding of the placenta between the placenta and the uterine wall.Bleeding can be very small.But if the bleeding is profuse, the placenta may be partially or completely separate from the lining of the uterus before birth.
Placental abruption can be a dangerous condition for mother and baby.Heavy bleeding can cause a lack of oxygen and nutrients to the baby.
Unfortunately, detachment of the placenta increases the risk for a child:
- developmental problems if a small detachment and goes unnoticed
- Stillbirth or death within the first 28 days of life
What causes detachmentplacenta
Nobody knows exactly why placental abruption occurs, but it is associated with many other conditions, such as:
- Placental abruption in a previous pregnancy Preeclampsia
- bleeding in early pregnancy
- Blood disorders which increasethe risk of blood clots (thrombophilia)
- unborn baby grows poorly (intrauterine growth retardation)
- amniotic bubble burst prematurely
- Excessive amounts of amniotic fluid (polyhydramnios)
- Trauma or a blow to the stomach (resulting from accidents or domestic violence)
- Smokingor drug use during pregnancy
- multiple births, or late delivery, as the risk increases with age
Treatment detachmentplacenta in the first trimester of pregnancy
This state is no specific treatment, but some preventive measures.Be sure to stick to a healthy diet Healthy eating - do not limit yourself to eating , with a sufficient amount of iron (spinach and other greens), and other nutrients.Drink plenty of water to flush toxins from the body, and provide it with adequate moisture.Early diagnosis of diabetes and hypertension Hypertension - dangerous consequences (which, if ignored, can lead to pre-eclampsia) may reduce the risk of detachment of the placenta in early pregnancy.
Try to avoid vigorous activity, strenuous exercise and stress.Mothers usually recommend complete rest and bed rest, and in the case of a large loss of blood transfusions can do.The amount of urine in the mother is carefully controlled, and she may prescribe sedatives for complete rest.For the treatment of shock and pain usually prescribed analgesics.Although this condition is critical, there is usually time to make phone calls and to provide safe transportation to the hospital.It is important not to panic and stay calm.This condition occurs in many women, so if possible, find a support group.
How to detachment of the placenta during early pregnancy
When pregnancy bleeding occurs, especially around the twentieth week, one suspects placental abruption.For diagnosis may need an ultrasound.To get a clearer picture, ultrasound may be done through the vagina.
In some cases, a precise diagnosis is impossible.At a very early pregnancy ultrasound may not show enough detail.If a small amount of blood, it will be difficult to distinguish from normal conditions within the placenta.Although in the early stages of pregnancy because of placental abruption can occur miscarriage, it may also occur for many other reasons.Often the cause of miscarriage and is not defined.
treatment of placental abruption in early pregnancy
When in early pregnancy bleeding occurs, your doctor may recommend closely monitored to identify the signs of miscarriage Miscarriage - whether it can be insured? .There is some evidence that the bleeding of the placenta, which can lead to a partial detachment of the placenta in early pregnancy may pass by itself, without causing harm to the child.Frequent ultrasound can help determine how the child grows, and if placental abruption clear whether it suffered considerable damage.If the placenta is not functioning as it should, the development of the child is violated.
Heavy bleeding sometimes occurs when placental abruption in the middle or the end of pregnancy.In these cases need urgent intensive care, to prevent shock to the mother.In the vital functions of the child will be watching, and you may need an emergency cesarean section.With a strong detachment of the placenta in the early stages, for example, about the twentieth week, it is unlikely to be possible to save the fetus.
How to prevent re-detachment of the placenta?
If you placental abruption occurred during a previous pregnancy, it increases the risk that it will happen again.During the next pregnancy this can occur with a probability of 25%, and if it happened during the two previous pregnancies - one in five chance that it will happen again.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to completely exclude the possibility of placental abruption.But some measures can reduce the chance that it will repeat:
- Attend all scheduled visits to your doctor so he can monitor your blood pressure Blood pressure - dangerous if his swing? .The doctor may prescribe medications to reduce the pressure if it is too high.
- Protect your stomach physically and always wear your seat belt in the car as it drove slowly you go.
- You can make some changes in your lifestyle to protect yourself and your baby.Do not smoke, because it increases the risk of placental abruption and other pregnancy complications.It goes without saying that the use of drugs is harmful to you and your child, but cocaine and amphetamine in particular, can cause placental abruption.