Cold on the lip during pregnancy - pinprick
fact that pregnant women are, on average, are more vulnerable to various infectious diseases than non-pregnant adult women - a well-known fact.The weakening of immunity is necessary to reduce the likelihood of miscarriage, but for that expectant mothers have to pay more or less frequent diseases;Fortunately, if a woman before pregnancy no serious health problems, the period of childbearing is likely to also be without serious diseases.For example, oral herpes, often referred to as a cold lip Cold lip - to solve the problem during pregnancy, can hardly be attributed to serious disease, although it is extremely unpleasant, and can be for a few days to overshadow life.
Cold Bay to a pregnant woman - a very common phenomenon associated with the weakening of the immune defense.Unlike genital herpes, it is not dangerous, but due to poor immunity it can heal longer than usual.In addition, during pregnancy may cause herpes lesions broader due thereby increasing the probability of occurrence of scars on the skin.
If the patient can usually buy themselves and use various means to treat a cold on the lips, then pregnant women before using any drugs it is necessary to consult with your doctor.
to alleviate the symptoms of colds medications are used for topical application, e.g., benzocaine (5-20%), lidocaine (0.5-4%), tetracaine.Benzocaine pregnant women can be taken only in rare cases and under medical supervision, because of its impact on the development of the embryo is not well studied.Ointments with lidocaine during pregnancy should be used with caution and only with the permission of the doctor, but in general, their use is acceptable, and rarely leads to undesirable results.Tetracaine is rarely used today, and pregnant women did not prescribe in general - this is due to the toxicity of the drug.
If a cold on the lips during pregnancy is associated with general malaise, fever and headache, you can take acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
Paracetamol is considered one of the safest non-prescription analgesics, however if you have any liver disease, or if you are taking some other drugs before his admission is required to consult with your doctor.
If necessary, the doctor may prescribe antiviral ointment patient, for example, acyclovir Acyclovir - as it is safe? , but in most cases the use of these drugs is recommended to be avoided because it is not known what effect they have on the process of fetal development.In addition, a cold usually goes for 7-10 days, pregnant can sometimes last up to two weeks - a relatively short time, to the unpleasant symptoms can just be patient, for the safety of the fetus.
For treatment of cold on the lips during pregnancy, you can use some home remedies, for example:
- Garlic.Rub garlic on a very fine grater, then pound it in a mortar (or just use chesnokodavku), and apply the resulting slurry on the cold sores.Leave it for at least half an hour.Use this tool several times a day until the cold has passed;
- essential oil Mint and its useful properties: aromatic freshness .Studies have shown that peppermint oil can penetrate the skin and influence on the reproduction of herpes simplex virus.It is unknown whether capable peppermint essential oil affect the fetus, so it should be used with caution, and in very small quantities.Remember that it can be used only externally - it should not fall into the mouth;
- Soda.Mix one tablespoon with a glass of warm water.Moisten in this solution a small piece of cotton or gauze, and apply it to chill lip 10-15 minutes at least three times per day.
During pregnancy, cold is easier to prevent than to treat.As carriers of herpes simplex virus type 1 are at least 80% of adults, the likelihood that the expectant mother is infected it is very high, and to take measures to prevent infection, in most cases, does not make sense.However, women who have never before appeared cold on the lips, it is worth to take measures that protect themselves from possible infection.In particular, do not use the bowl, from which drinking or eating a person who provides evidence of acute herpes (rashes on the lips), as well as its lipstick or other objects, which could get the virus.You also need to avoid kissing people who have colds appeared on his lips.
To reduce the likelihood of activation of herpes during pregnancy, it is recommended:
- Use lip balm with sunscreen.Exposure to ultraviolet sometimes leads to an exacerbation of herpes;
- possible, to avoid the factors that contribute to the activation of the herpes sometimes.The most common of these factors - stress and hypothermia.
In addition, pregnant women are advised to take measures to strengthen the immune system Immunity - help the immune system , for example:
- sports.Scientists have recently confirmed what most people already knew for a long time - those who regularly and actively moving, less likely to suffer from various infections.In pregnant women who, despite his position, continue to train, less acute herpes occur and, in general, they are easier to tolerate pregnancy;
- Drink plenty of water.The body simply can not withstand the herpes virus and other pathogens, if he will be missed by moisture;
- pours.Regular sleep deprivation weakens the immune system, which can make the pregnant woman is extremely vulnerable to various diseases.