Angina during pregnancy - how dangerous?
- angina during pregnancy - how dangerous?
Angina in pregnant women is rare.This is due to the fact that atherosclerosis, which often becomes the cause, usually makes itself felt in patients who are already out of child-bearing age.Nevertheless, it happens that a woman give birth, who had previously been diagnosed with angina;It is also manifested angina at first pregnancy in principle.
Angina and pregnancy
person with stable angina Stable angina - one of the manifestations of coronary heart disease - the most common form of the disorder - can live for years, maintaining the usual quality of life, but for the pregnantwoman and her unborn child is a very dangerous disease.Unstable angina is due to the unpredictability of its attacks and the difficulties associated with its treatment, is even more dangerous: women with this diagnosis can be recommended abortion.However, the question of whether it is safe to keep the pregnancy is under any form of angina in the expectant mother.The fact that this disturbance attack begins when the heart is not enough oxygen.The body of a pregnant woman must provide oxygen not only herself, but also to the child, which is why the attacks may become more frequent and / or become more severe.
change, one way or another affect the heart muscle begin 5-8 weeks of pregnancy, and reach the peak at the end of the second trimester.The blood volume in the body of a pregnant woman is increased by 40-50%.The concentration of red blood cells and hemoglobin is usually slightly lower than before pregnancy.Cardiac output, cardiac output, or - an indicator of the volume of blood that the heart emits for one minute - increases by 30-50%, and during childbirth by 50%.Heart rate increases by 10-15 beats per minute, and the blood pressure is reduced on average by 10 mm / Hg.Art.(Millimeters of mercury).
women who have previously been diagnosed with angina, and who are planning a pregnancy, you must undergo a medical examination in advance and to consult a doctor.
strongly recommended to be surveyed and those who have factors that increase the risk of strokes, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, family history, sedentary lifestyle, prolonged abuse of fatty foods, smoking, diabetes type 1 or 2, ageolder than 45 years.It is also recommended to be screened for all women who have previously occurred at times weak chest pain, that they did not seek medical attention.
Women who are overweight before pregnancy is recommended to bring the weight back to normal, and smokers - to quit (though it should be done to any woman who wants to get pregnant).Those who have raised blood pressure, you should take medication to allow him to keep within limits.
Childbirth in women suffering from angina usually go with analgesics - it reduces stress on the heart and reduce the risk of strokes.There is quite a strong likelihood that a woman will be scheduled caesarean section.
Since patients with angina births associated with increased risk, late in the third trimester, they need to very carefully monitor their state of health, and to go to the hospital as soon as they will have the very first signs of starting labor.
Symptoms of angina at pregnancy
angina symptoms in pregnant women, in general, do not differ from its symptoms in other patients.The main feature of symptom onset - pain or tightness in the chest.Sometimes the pain radiates to other parts of the body - arms, neck, jaw, shoulders.During the attack may occur and symptoms such as nausea, weakness or dizzy, shortness of breath, sweating.
With stable angina symptoms appear after a certain physical or emotional stress.Attacks of this type of angina is usually each time have the same intensity and do not last more than five minutes.The pain goes almost immediately after taking nitroglycerin.
attack unstable angina Unstable angina - alarm organism may begin at any time - when the patient is trained, performs physical work, at rest or sleeping.
Usually the pain of angina, this species is stronger than in stable angina;it remains to half an hour or more, and does not pass after taking the medication.In addition, an attack of unstable angina may be a precursor of myocardial infarction (however, myocardial during pregnancy - a rare phenomenon, according to various estimates, it occurs in one in 10,000 or even 30,000 pregnant women).
Prinzmetal angina attacks Prinzmetal angina - a rare disease with serious consequences usually start at rest and often very strong, but stopped after taking the medication (usually nitroglycerin).Prinzmetal angina - a rare disease;it is diagnosed in only 2% of patients suffering from angina.
Pain or tightness in the chest during pregnancy can also be caused by the following reasons:
- Heartburn.Pregnant women in particular often suffer from severe heartburn as a hormone produced during the whole period of pregnancy, relax the sphincter muscle at the back of the esophagus, and the probability of getting gastric juices into the esophagus increases significantly.However, chest pain that occurs when heartburn, usually can not be given into the hands, neck, and other parts of the body;
- upset stomach and indigestion in some cases, can cause very severe pain in the chest Chest pain: one symptom - a lot of diseases .For many women, the symptoms of heartburn and indigestion compounded after 27 weeks of pregnancy;
- pressure of the uterus.As soon as the baby grows, the uterus increases in size, begins to put pressure on the diaphragm and ribs, and can cause pain in the chest.This pain is rarely sudden nature of the attacks, and even more often and long, but not very strong, but it happens that it is taken as a symptom of angina attack started;
- heart attack.Although the risk of a heart attack during pregnancy is minimal, this possibility can not be completely ruled out.Its main symptom is a strong, dull or sharp pain in the chest.Other possible symptoms - dizziness, shortness of breath, numbness in the extremities, cold sweat.Nitroglycerin during a heart attack does not bring relief.If you suspect a heart attack immediately call an ambulance or ask someone from the family to drive you to the hospital, but in any case, do not drive yourself.