After birth, for about one and a half months, the women continue to discharge from the birth canal.The nature of these emissions changes over time, however, they continue until it is fully restored inner lining of the uterus.Women should be aware of these secretions, as well as how they may change in case of a disease.
What is lochia
Lohiyam called isolation after childbirth.These secretions are wound discharge, which is formed at the site of placental abruption, and consist of ichor, scraps of the mucous membrane of the uterus and the mucus from the cervical canal.As with any wound, wound discharge changes over time, and changing its color.Every woman should be clear about what was happening to her during and after childbirth, including the she needs to know about what the character should have lochia on a given day after the birth.The fact that the always open wound can get infected, which will necessarily affect the nature of the discharge.A woman should notice this time and seek medic
first hours after birth
Immediately after birth, the woman is under medical supervision, because at this time is still great opportunity to start bleeding.Discharge at this time have expressed bloody character (fresh bleeding wound).To the bleeding increased, women produce urine with a catheter, put a heating pad on your stomach with ice and injected drugs that reduce muscle layer of the uterus (eg, oxytocin - the uterus contracts and compresses the gaping blood vessels).Blood loss during the first two hours after birth should not exceed 0.5 liters of blood.Bleeding may increase with poor muscle contraction of the uterus or birth canal rupture (eg cervix), which were not timely stitches.
first few days after birth
If a woman does not increase the bleeding, then two hours later, it transferred to the postnatal ward.Over the next three days will be wearing bloody separation character (sometimes with clots), their number will gradually decrease, and the color becomes darker brown tint.When pressed on the abdomen may increase the amount of bleeding.During this period, there remains the possibility of bleeding (so if the discharge becomes greater, it is necessary to tell your doctor) for the prevention of its occurrence must be:
- regularly, every two hours to go to the toilet: a full bladder Urinary bladder - structureand functions will interfere with uterine contractions and therefore, can provoke the occurrence of bleeding;
- breastfeeding: the child to touch the nipples eliminated increased allocation of oxytocin that helps reduce uterine musculature;
- regularly roll over on his stomach: such "exercises" promotes emptying of the uterus and prevents bleeding;
- on the abdomen is necessary to put a hot water bottle with ice: warmer under the weight of the vessels are pressed down and the cold helps reduce them.
It also happens that in the first few days the amount of lochia drastically reduced or they stop completely.This is bad, because the wound contents retained in the uterus and can become a breeding ground for infectious agents.Therefore, the disappearance of discharge must inform the doctor in such cases, prescribed drugs, enhancing uterine contractions.
first weeks after birth
Discharge after childbirth last about one and a half months, during which time the surface of the wound healing in the uterus, the mucous membrane of the uterus is restored.
first five to seven days after birth lochia resemble normal menstruation.Just as with menstruation, lochia amount decreases day by day.By the end of the first week of lochia lighter, and the end of the second week, they become slimy, with a small amount of blood.By the end of the first month after birth release minor, but some admixture of blood can still be saved, but two weeks later selection terminated.
noticed that the allocation be terminated earlier in women who are breast-fed child.After cesarean section giving more, as the injured uterus contracts more slowly.
How to treat a postpartum
woman should always remember that in the uterus it has an open wound, which always can get infected.Therefore, personal hygiene should be the main task of women:
- necessary several times a day (including after each toilet) wash the genitals with warm clean water;
- every day to take a shower;
- sanitary pads should be changed at least eight times a day;in the first week is better not to use spacers feminine pads - talk about wings , and diapers;
- never use tampons How to use sanitary pad - basic precautions , as they closed out for lochia, and this in turn creates favorable conditions for the development of infection.
woman should know exactly what you need to see a doctor if:
- amount of bleeding Spotting - it is important to rule out pathology suddenly increased dramatically;
- allocation became a yellow-green color with an unpleasant odor;
- were pains in the lower abdomen, combined with an increase in temperature;
- lochia suddenly stopped much earlier than it should be.
Postpartum is very important for women's health, so you need to know everything about him.