Hemorrhoids after delivery: the main thing - prevention
- Hemorrhoids after delivery: the main thing - prevention
- What are hemorrhoids and how it appears
Hemorrhoids - an inflammation of the veins, and (very similar to varicose veins)located around the rectum.Vienna to form nodules in the area, and the size of hemorrhoids usually varies from size to size raisin grapes.These formations can only cause a slight itching, and can be very painful.Sometimes they cause rectal bleeding, especially during defecation.Sometimes the enlarged veins protrude from the anus.
Hemorrhoids often occur in women in late pregnancy and after childbirth.Some women develop hemorrhoids for the first time after giving birth;those who have had it before, during pregnancy in a large probability of a relapse will occur.Fortunately, in most cases this violation is fairly easy to handle.
What causes hemorrhoids?
Pregnancy and childbirth make a woman prone to hemorrhoids Hemorrhoids - a shameful disease , as well as varicose veins varicose veins - the operation is inevitable? on the legs and sometimes even on the vulva, for many reasons.Firstly, the greater becomes the child, the uterus has a greater pressure on the veins of the lower part of the body including veins and located around the rectum.
Secondly, the hormone progesterone Progesterone - norm and pathology , which substantially increased production from the beginning of pregnancy, relaxeseffects on the venous wall.Generally, this function of progesterone is to relax the muscles to the abdominal cavity easier stretched under the pressure of growing uterus, and, of course, delivery to be as light as possible.At the same progesterone relaxes and venous walls which result in considerably lighter stretched.Furthermore, progesterone can cause more frequent than usual, constipation, as it slows down the digestive tract.It may eventually also lead to the development of hemorrhoids.
influence of all these factors can lead to the fact that postpartum women will develop a full hemorrhoids.The probability of this increases if the birth was particularly traumatic and / or weight of the child much more than the average weight of newborns.
hemorrhoids usually developing after birth, pretty soon goes away.However, there are ways in which you can relieve the symptoms.
- few times a day to the anus apply ice cubes wrapped in a soft cloth.
- Take warm baths if it is allowed by the doctor.(For some time after delivery bath may be contraindicated).
- Instead of toilet paper, use wet wipes.Some pharmacies can buy wipes for those suffering from hemorrhoids.
- Ask your doctor to recommend a safe topical anesthetics or candles.On sale there are a lot of non-prescription remedies for hemorrhoids, but the woman in the postpartum period have to consult with your doctor before taking any medication.
- Try to reduce the pressure on the rectal veins.Try not to sit or stand for a long time.What can be done lying down, lying make - for example, go to breast feed, read or watch TV.
If severe pain can take ibuprofen - it is safe, even if you are breastfeeding.(However, if you are breastfeeding, and / or you have a risk of vaginal or rectal bleeding, do not take aspirin or any other drugs, which include aspirin).
not take painkillers in large doses than indicated on the package.If pain persists, consult a specialist.
To speed recovery, you need to avoid constipation.To do this, eat as much fiber (it is a lot of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and beans), drink plenty of water (8-10 glasses per day).You need regular exercise - at least brief walk briskly.You may want to ask your doctor to recommend a safe laxative or supplements Food additives - basic classification with fiber.
- Feeling the urge to defecate, do not wait.Because of this chair becomes dry and hard.
- Do Kegel exercises.This will improve blood circulation in the rectal area and strengthen the muscles around the anus, which will greatly reduce the likelihood of recurrence of hemorrhoids.These exercises strengthen and tone the muscles around the vagina and urethra, which helps you recover faster after childbirth.
If these measures prove ineffective, consult a doctor.It should also be done if you have rectal bleeding starts.