in the film often found the episode related to the onset of labor heroine.She suddenly felt a pain (scrum), she was being taken to the hospital, where two hours later a healthy baby is born.Such stories are often afraid of the future mothers, and they are preparing for a sudden and sharp pain that will accompany the whole process of giving birth.In fact, contractions occur gradually, their strength and duration depends on the period of delivery, and the frequency of contractions (the time from start one to the next) decreases with cervical dilatation.
Contractions - a regular involuntary contractions of the uterus, which provide anti-aliasing and dilatation of the cervix, help the child move through the birth canal, and in the late delivery of the placenta separates and prevention of uterine bleeding Uterine bleeding is menstruation - a sign of a serious breach .Together with the vain attempts of the fight are generic expels the baby forces.
Start fights with small nagging
Feature fights in every stage of labor
first stage of labor or during labor, the longest, lasts 8-10 hours in multiparous and 10-12 hours in nulliparous women.This period is divided into three phases: latent, active, and a transition.
latent phase (initial) lasts 7-8 hours, the length of contractions of 30-45 seconds, and the frequency of contractions 4-5 minutes.The latent phase of a long and dilatation of the cervix occurs to 3-4 centimeters.
active phase in duration of 3-5 hours, the length of contractions increased to 60 seconds, the frequency of contractions is reduced to 2-4 minutes.The cervix dilates from 4 to 8 centimeters.
transitional phase - a complete opening of the cervix (10-12 centimeters) takes 0.5-1.5 hours, the frequency of contractions is reduced to 0.5-1 minute while she battle increased to 70-90 seconds.
With full disclosure of the cervix and the omission of the head on the pelvic floor begins the second stage of labor.
second stage of labor or during the expulsion of the fetus, the most crucial and difficult.At this time there are attempts to mothers - a strong desire to push out the baby.Attempts occur by reducing the abdominal muscles and diaphragm.Frequency of contractions in this period increases slightly (1.5-2 minutes), and the duration of their decreased (45-60 seconds).
third period - the period of this sequence.During his is born afterbirth (placenta) and spasms of blood vessels at the site of the placental site to stop the bleeding.Contractions in successive period short, 20-35 seconds intervals of 2-3 minutes, and the duration of the period of approximately 30 minutes.
What affects the frequency, intensity and duration of contractions
contractions occur spontaneously, regardless of the wishes mothers, but their flow is influenced by many factors:
- anomaly tribal forces (uterine inertia or, for example discoordinationtribal forces);
- readiness of the cervix for childbirth (shortening, softening and smoothing of the cervix in late pregnancy);
- fetal size (large or, conversely, a small fruit can cause anomalies tribal forces);
- size of the pelvis (for narrow pelvis may also violated the dynamics of birth);
- first or repeated births, birth rate and the gap between them;
- behavior of mothers (active movements, such as walking, reinforce the fight);
- position of mothers in bed during labor (to increase the efficiency of contractions is recommended to lie on its side, which is adjacent to the back of the child);
- rupture of membranes (early discharge of water before cervical dilatation of 6-8 cm, can reduce the duration of labor and increase their duration).
Remember that you need to count the frequency of contractions begins at home, so as not to miss the active phase of labor and not to be late to the hospital.You can do the woman herself or her husband asked, with a mandatory recording of all data.Start the countdown from the outset fight, even if the pain seems to be weak or to define the beginning of the fight since the voltage of the uterus.