Without a doubt, the beginning of the delivery - the most anticipated event of pregnancy.Many pregnant women are afraid to miss the first signs of labor and not be ready to have a child.Fortunately, our body has prepared for us a few clues that signal the approach of the beginning of birth.
Causes birth signs
No one knows exactly where to begin delivery.Some researchers believe that, due to hormonal changes in the placenta of the fetus begins to intensively produce a substance known as corticotropin release hormone.This changes the balance of hormones mother, through which the uterine muscles stay relaxed.Once the hormonal process starts, the cervix begins to soften.In most cases, uterine contractions (contractions) signaled the imminent onset of labor.
- belly omission occurs when a child falls or sinks lower in the pelvis of the mother.
- woman begins to choke, because as a result of lowering the fetal lungs have more room for expansion on inspiration.
- increases the pressure in the pelvis, which leads to frequent urination.
- decreases or disappears completely heartburn.
- omission abdomen usually occurs a few weeks before the first birth.In subsequent pregnancies belly omission may occur only a few hours before giving birth.
- When the cervix becomes thinner and begins to dilate (open), preparing to leave, there is a rupture of small blood vessels (capillaries), the consequence of which are pink or brown discharge brown discharge - what are they talking about? from the vagina.
- mucous plug that closes the cervical canal of the uterus during pregnancy and to protect the child from infection, leaves the cervix, resulting in a pink or blood-tinged mucus Mucous discharge - what is the norm for a healthy woman .
- bleeding from the vagina Vaginal may appear as a few hours or a few weeks before birth.
- Bright red or heavy discharge may indicate a problem with the placenta, require immediate medical intervention.
- Some women notice a burst of energy for a few days before giving birth: they are beginning to equip a nursery, buying clothes for the baby, clean the house.
- This instinctive way to prepare for childbirth.
Nausea and diarrhea
Hormonal changes in early stages of childbirth can cause stomach upset, cramps and diarrhea.So the body reacts to prepare for childbirth.
As a result of changes in the level of hormones a woman may lose 0.3-1 kg a week before the birth.Basically weight loss goes through the liquid in the tissues.
Dull ache in the back Back Pain: Do not start the and lower back, which can appear and disappear.
rupture of the amniotic (fetal) membranes and waste water
The withdrawal of amniotic fluid - the most famous, and a sure sign of impending birth.Rupture of the amniotic membrane can occur for several hours before birth, but in most cases the amniotic fluid filled bladder, in which the fetus grows, is broken in the process of delivery.Water may extend a small continuous flow or rapidly subside.If at this time you are not in the hospital, consult a physician immediately and describe the color and the amount of amniotic fluid.
Increased Braxton-Hicks contractions
increase the frequency, duration and intensity of the "training" bout that woman felt during the last months of pregnancy.In some cases, the Braxton Hicks contractions become painful even.
When should you see a doctor
Long before birth, you should discuss with your doctor (family physician, obstetrician or midwife) your action when the signs of impending birth.You must know which clinic or hospital to give birth, how long to get there, and what you need to carry.
not always easy to identify false labor or real, so do not be embarrassed if the appearance of the above symptoms you rush to the hospital, and it appears that the alarm was false.
When nurtured pregnant women are asked to contact the hospital if:
- ruptured fetal membranes and amniotic fluid waste.
- bout scheduled at intervals of five minutes.
- there is a sudden increase or decrease in the activity of the fetus.
False labor are characterized by the following features:
- fight irregular;
- contractions decrease when walking;
- a change in body position reduces the signs of childbirth;
- intensity and frequency of contractions do not increase with time;
- localized discomfort in the abdomen.
signs of labor
thinning and expansion of the cervix: a process of reduction and thinning of the cervix shows similar sorts.Expansion or dilatation of the cervix is necessary for the passage of the baby at birth.The cervix may be thin during pregnancy and even slightly expand in a couple of weeks before birth, but the true birth of these processes - thinning and expansion - occur simultaneously.
feeling of loss: as you approach childbirth some women have a keen sense of the loss of a unique connection with the child.In addition, many women feeling that after birth the attention of others to switch to the child (in this case, it may be postpartum depression).