False labor or Braxton Hicks contractions - is sporadic uterine contractions that start already in the sixth week of pregnancy, although you can not feel them so early.Most women do not notice them until the middle of pregnancy, and some do not feel them at all.The name of the fight received from the English doctor John Braxton Hicks, who first described them in 1872.
As the pregnancy false contractions will appear more often, but it of late, they will remain infrequent, irregular and virtually painless.In some cases, however, Braxton Hicks contractions are difficult to distinguish from the first signs of preterm labor.
To protect yourself and your baby, do not attempt to self-diagnose their condition.If the term of your pregnancy is less than 37 weeks, and you feel contractions more frequent than four times per hour, call your doctor as soon as possible.When
before delivery is a couple of weeks, contractions may become more intense and frequent, causing considerable discomfort.Unlike earlier
There are several assumptions about the causes of false contractions.Some doctors suggest that they help keep the mouse uterine tone and provide blood flow to the placenta.Other experts believe that they are expanding the cervix, but it has not been proved.In the later stages of pregnancy, however, the false contractions really help the body prepare for childbirth.
Triggers False contractions are:
- Increased activity of the fetus in the womb
- Touching belly
- full bladder
How to distinguish false labor from real?
False contractions do not get stronger with time, and the intervals between them are about the same.Sometimes the first false labor pains are very strong, and then gradually weaken.With these birth pangs opposite is true.The character of false labor, as opposed to the present, is different when you move.
What if false contractions cause discomfort?
- If before the expected date of childbirth is more than three weeks and you were false contractions painful, see a doctor immediately.If left before delivery 2-3 weeks, use the following methods:
- When false contractions change the position of the body or a little walk.If they were, when you were on your feet, try to sit or lie down (as we have said, the real birth pains after that will not pass).
- Take a warm bath - is perfectly relaxes muscles.
- Drink 1-2 glasses of water - sometimes false contractions are due to dehydration.
- Drink a cup of warm milk or herbal tea (you must first consult with a physician since not all tea is safe for pregnant women).
- Perform relaxation exercises Relaxation and stress - calm, not panic! or just breathe slowly and deeply.It will not stop false labor, but will help you to better cope with the discomfort.
When you need to see a doctor?
If false labor is necessary to consult a doctor if:
- term of your pregnancy - less than 37 weeks.
- You are vaginal bleeding.
- abundant vaginal discharge whole truth about vaginal secretions and / or changing the nature of the selection - for example, or become more liquid, thick, or acquired a pinkish hue.
- you feel much pressure in the pelvic area.
- Do you have a pain back pain: the spine signals , especially before such symptom is not observed.