- Contractions - when they are not worth paying attention?
- How is normal delivery
Contractions - a periodic tension and relaxation of the uterine muscle, which is the largest muscle in the body of a woman.The pituitary gland produces the hormone oxytocin, which stimulates contractions of the uterus.Predict the beginning of birth pangs of this is very difficult.
Women often describe the struggle as a cramping or a feeling of tension, which appears in the back and moves in the stomach undulations.During labor the stomach becomes hard to the touch.Deliveries are carried out through a series of battles.During labor the upper part of the uterus thickens and stiffens, and its lower part, and the cervix is stretched and relaxed, helping thus to move the child to the birth canal.
Contractions are at intervals of several minutes, during which you and your child can relax.First delivery continues average 8-14 hours (although sometimes they lasts more than 24-30 hours), second, and subsequent,
How do you know that you really labor pains and not Braxton Hicks contractions?
- birth pangs of change over time - it is becoming longer, stronger, and the intervals between them - in short.
- labor pains accompanied by other signs of childbirth - a departure mucus plug, back pain Back Pain: Do not start the , and sometimes nausea and general malaise Nausea - there may be problems with the nervous system .
- Unlike the false contractions are felt only in the abdomen, labor pains may be given to the hips, legs and other body parts.
- labor pains change the level of consciousness.In the active headlamp birth they take so much energy that in between a woman can not talk, as usual, and if located elsewhere.This is due to severe pain, and with the activity of hormones that also influence the mind.
- recommended mark the start and end of fights, as soon as they appear.When the time intervals between contractions will be reduced to five minutes, you need to go to the hospital.This general rule, however, this can be done before - for example, if the pain became almost unbearable.Often women during childbirth intuitively feel when it is time to seek help.
- If contractions start at irregular intervals, but it lasts for a few hours, you should call your doctor.
How felt contractions?
Many mothers say that the fight in the early stage of labor similar to menstrual cramps or pain with flatulence.They can even be mistaken for flu symptoms Flu - expect the unexpected but always or indigestion.Gradually, however, (in some women - a few hours, some - more than twenty-four hours later) they will become longer and much stronger.
contractions in the later stages of childbirth, women are often described as the most severe pain, which they have ever felt.Women giving birth is recommended to see the battle as a positive phenomenon, approximating the time of the birth of the baby.In between contractions, you need to relax as much as possible, as it is for this purpose they are intended.
Now there are many ways to reduce pain during childbirth.For example, during labor contractions in water is considerably less painful.Many clinics offer such a service.
- mixture of oxygen and nitrous oxide, which a woman breathes through a mask - a safe method of anesthesia.The gas is inhaled when the fight starts, he starts to act within 15-20 seconds.To terminate it, it is sufficient to remove the mask.
- Injectable anesthetics normally take effect after 20 minutes.In contrast to the previous method of anesthesia, they act a few hours, and if leads them at a later stage of labor, the woman will be much worse than it is necessary to feel the passage of the baby through the birth canal.These drugs help to better cope with the pain of contractions, but may cause some difficulties in childbirth.