Cesarean Section: Risk Factors
- Cesarean Section: Risk Factors
- Possible risk factors for the mother
Caesarean section - an operation in which to extract the baby their mother's womb abdominal incisionthe uterine wall.Typically, a woman during the operation is in the mind.General anesthesia is used only in extreme cases.
In most cases, women successfully give birth naturally, but every expectant mother, just in case you need to get general information about cesarean section.No one can be completely safe from having to do this operation and to inform women this will involve less stress How to beat stress?Create an oasis , than for those who know nothing about the nature of the procedure and the possible risks.
When recommend a cesarean section?
Caesarean section can be planned or unplanned.Most often, doctors decide to do a cesarean section if there are problems during childbirth.
- births are difficult and slow, or even stop
- Signs of distress in the child, for example, very fast or very slow pulse
- Problems with the placenta or umbilical cord jeopardize the health or life of the child
- child is too large for vaginal delivery
Reasons for elective caesarean section may be:
- child is not turned upside down to the expected date of the onset of labor
- health problemsmother, for example, heart disease Heart disease and heart attacks: that every woman should know , whose symptoms may worsen due to the stress caused by childbirth
- presence of maternal infections that the baby can become infected during vaginal delivery
- Multiple pregnancy
- The woman was already cesarean section and the doctor thinks that a vaginal birth can be dangerous (eg, because of the likelihood break suture from a previous caesarean section)
possible after cesarean section to give birth naturally
Sometimes women previously undergone a caesarean section may give birth naturally.Over the past 40 years the number of births conducted by Caesarean section, has grown from a 1 in 20 to 1 in 4. This is due to the fact that now cesarean section do more than is really necessary.Often, for caesarean section rather simple mother's desire - that is, its reluctance for any reason to give birth naturally.Because of the risks associated with the operation, doctors insist that it should be carried out only when necessary due.
risks associated with cesarean section:
- uterine infection
- massive blood loss Blood clots in the legs and lungs mother
- damage of the mother or baby
- Complications related to anesthesia - nausea, vomiting, severe headaches and other problems
- Breathing problems in the child, if cesarean section done before the expected date of childbirth
How does rehabilitation after cesarean
In most cases, women are discharged from the hospital after 3-5days after cesarean section, but full recovery may take up to four weeks, and even more.In comparison, after the usual delivery woman in the hospital for 1-2 days, and after 1-2 weeks can go back to business as usual.
to discharge the doctor or nurse will tell the patient how to take care of the healing suture and what to expect during the recovery period.Typically, the seam is not healed, the woman should avoid lifting weights and actively participate in sports.It is advisable to ask for work at home, someone from home.Within 1-2 weeks of attacks can happen quite severe pain in the lower abdomen, where it is recommended to take painkillers.Vaginal bleeding may continue for several weeks after surgery.At this time, you can not use tampons How to use sanitary pad - basic precautions , just laying feminine pads - talk about wings .If any signs of infection such as fever, redness of the skin, pus out of the joint, it is necessary to call the doctor.
In some cases, the benefits of cesarean outweigh the potential hazard to health, and sometimes vaginal birth is safer than childbirth by caesarean section.