11 Ways to Avoid Back Pain
If you suddenly contorted with pain in the back, you know you're not alone.Four out of five people at least occasionally suffer from back pain Back pain not start the , it is the fifth most common cause of visits to doctors.
Back pain has many forms - from the constant nagging pain to acute and sudden, and it has many causes.This may be tensile fracture or some other injuries.The pain may be due to diseases such as arthritis, fibromyalgia Fibromyalgia: how to live a balanced life , spinal canal stenosis.Many people have back pain occurs as a result of excess weight and sedentary lifestyle.
The good news is that back pain usually goes away in a few days or weeks, surgery is rarely necessary.In addition, the simple steps that you can take yourself to be very effective in preventing back pain.
- sports.If the back already hurts, you may feel that it is better not to load it and relax.A day or two of rest may benefit, but further limitation of activity can only increase the pain.Experts say that physical activity reduces inflammation and muscle spasms.Do not forget to start and finish the workout stretching exercises Stretching exercises - Be careful .
- Watch your weight.Excess weight, especially in the waist, can strengthen back pain by moving the center of gravity and increase the load on the lower back.Try to keep the weight does not deviate from the ideal more than 5 kg.
- If you smoke - drop.Nicotine harms circulation, in particular, supply the necessary nutrients spine so smokers probable backaches.
- Sleep in the correct position.If you are back pain, consult your doctor - in what position to sleep better.Some people recommend sleeping on your side with your knees tucked.Do you prefer to sleep on their backs?Put a pillow under your knees, and the other - under the waist.Sleeping on your stomach is particularly harmful to the back.But if otherwise not get to sleep, puts a pillow under your hips.Besides the position of the body it is very important to the quality of the mattress.It must be tough.If you have a soft mattress, you can put a board under it.
- Follow posture Posture - a few helpful tips for those who want to walk straight .Best seat - something that has support for the back and waist.Try to sit so that your knees are slightly higher than your hips.You can use a footrest.If you have to stand for long, hold your head high, and the stomach retracted.If possible, place one foot on a support - and my legs every 15 minutes.
- Be careful with weight lifting.Do not bend to pick up the object.Instead, bend your knees and squat down, tighten your abdominal muscles, hold the object close to your body, stand up.Do not twist the body when picking up something.If you need to move a heavy object, it is better to push, not pull.
- Do not wear high heels.They shift the center of gravity and provide an unnecessary burden on the lower back.The ideal heel height - 2-3 cm. If you need to wear shoes with high heels, grab a pair of removable low-heeled shoes and a change of notation, as soon as you feel discomfort.
- Do not wear too tight pants.Clothing, which prevents bend, sit or even walk, your posture can worsen and lead to back pain.
- not carry a heavy purse in his pocket.It can cause discomfort and pain in the back.If you have to sit for a long time, for example, at the wheel, pull the wallet from his pocket.
- Choose the right bag or briefcase.The bag should be wide, adjusts the strap long enough to wear it over your shoulder.It is best to "bag the postman", which is designed to carry.If you wear a bag over her shoulder, her weight is distributed better and gives less stress on your back.If you have to carry a heavy bag without a belt, often change hands to evenly back strain.To reduce the load of the bag regularly remove unnecessary things.
- Forget orthopedic corsets.There are various types of orthopedic products that support the back.They are useful when certain types of operations, but there is no evidence that they help with chronic back pain.Instead of giving your muscles to move freely, you can only increase the pain.