- Vitamin A: important element of health and beauty
- Symptoms of deficiency Symptoms of deficiency
- Prevention and treatment of diseases
Vitamin A (retinol) - a fat-soluble vitaminconsisting of three molecules: retinal, retinol and retinoic acid, each of which is derived from a plant molecule of beta-carotene.Vitamin A is involved in all major body functions.This vitamin is necessary for the conservation and recovery of good vision.It also helps to develop immunity to many diseases, including to colds.Without vitamin A can not be a healthy skin condition.If you "goose bumps" that often appear on the elbows, hips, knees, shins, if the skin peels off and came on the heels of dry skin on the hands or other similar phenomena occur, which means that you lack vitamin A. This vitamin preventsdesquamation internal mucous membranes of the blood vessels, bile and urinary tract.
Vitamin A protects us from the effects of exposure to air pollution, with stress and disease, which have drastically
Natural sources of vitamin A
main source of vitamin A are the products of both plant and animal origin:
- animal sources: butter (unsalted), cream, egg yolk, liver, fish,kidney, liver, animal, dairy products.But an overabundance of products of animal origin, rich in vitamin A (retinol), can lead to cancer.
- vegetable sources: apricots (fresh and dried), carrots, cabbage (all types), green leafy vegetables, spinach, lettuce, potatoes, plums, all yellow fruits (especially papaya, mango) and vegetables (pumpkin).The darker the green vegetable, the more carotene it contains.The most important carotenoid - a beta-carotene, which is converted in the intestines into vitamin A. Plant sources of vitamin A does not contain fat and cholesterol.
Nutritionists recommend consuming a day 2 carrots, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds, broccoli.Pumpkin seeds are especially useful for the organism: they contain a lot of nutrients, such as vitamins E, A, D, K, a large number of trace elements.If you have pimples, acne, oily dandruff on the scalp, eat pumpkin seeds, fruits and vegetables orange, and then dandruff Dandruff: where it comes from, and what to do and spots will be over.
Separately must be said about the cod-liver oil.Until recently it was thought that it is very useful, that it contains a lot of vitamins A and D. However, recent studies have shown that fish oil is Fish oil - so he thought useful? contributed to the emergence of oncological diseases.
In addition, you should always bear in mind that the activity of vitamin carotene is 3 times less than retinol.Since products containing carotene are mostly plant foods - living, natural, natural, not industrial, they must be eaten in its natural state, and 3 times more than the products of animal origin, rich in retinol.
main functions of vitamin A
Numerous studies have confirmed that vitamin A is very important for most of the vital functions:
- is necessary for growth, development and renewal of tissue, promotes normal growth of bones and teeth, especiallyin children;
- part of the rhodopsin and is essential for night vision;
- involved in redox reactions in the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and mineral salts;
- affects the activity of the endocrine glands;
- prevents night blindness Night blindness from vitamin A deficiency ;
- is one of the most important antioxidants Antioxidants: the truth about the notorious use (neutralizes free radicals);
- increases the body's resistance to respiratory and other infections;
- improves the assimilation of protein, which slows down the aging process;
- retains outer skin healthy;
- necessary for normal functioning of the gonads;its deficiency can cause irregular menstruation in women and infertility in men.
If your diet includes weekly enough of the liver, carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes or melon, vitamin A that you do not need.5000 IU (international unit ~ 1 mg) of vitamin A per day - is the norm, it is sufficient to maintain health, and 1/3 is the amount of vitamin A must be provided by foods containing retinol (animal products), and 2 /3 - containing carotene (fruits and vegetables in their natural form).
Vitamin A is soluble in fat, but at the same time, studies have shown that the less fat in the diet, the better the effect of vitamin A. However, the body can build up an excess of vitamin A. When vitamin C abundant human body, usuallyeasy to handle, highlighting its excess, then with vitamin A are quite different.Up to 95% of vitamin A administered usually deposited in the liver, but that beyond this becomes a poison.Therefore it is necessary to know the symptoms of excess vitamin A and to be able to prevent.