- Symptoms of sinusitis: what you need to pay attention
- first manifestations
Sinusitis - an inflammation of the maxillary sinuses, in which inThey accumulate mucus and pus and bacteria multiply.The disease can be acute or chronic.Symptoms of sinusitis at each of these forms have their own characteristics.
Symptoms of acute sinusitis
Acute sinusitis - is not only the defeat of the mucous membranes of the paranasal cavities, but also the reaction of many organs and systems in the inflammatory process.Therefore, all the symptoms of sinusitis Sinusitis - symptoms of inflammation in the maxillary sinus can be divided into local and general.
Local signs of inflammation are important to detect the disease.These include:
- pain that occurs in the area of the affected sinus, root of the nose, forehead and zygomatic bones.It is enhanced by probing these areas and can give to the temple or on the side of the face;
- violation of nasal breathing, it is often one-sided, but sometimes occurs on both sides.This is due to the swelling of mucous membranes and severe narrowing of the nasal passages;
- discharge from the nose.At the beginning of the disease, they are liquid, mucous, and later become cloudy and viscous, with an admixture of pus.In some patients, isolation immediately become such a character;
- violation of smell, sometimes a person loses the ability to sense smells.
- general reaction of the body is accompanied by many local inflammatory processes, so they can arise not only in the sinus, but also in other diseases.This group of symptoms includes:
- general poor health, which is deteriorating, if breathing is impossible through both halves of the nose, and the patient is forced to breathe through the mouth constantly;
- fever, sometimes it may be preceded by chills.In some people, the reaction temperature is maintained during the entire period of the disease, while others - held a few days after the start of sinusitis.It happens that the body temperature remains within the normal range;
- Headaches - one of the main symptoms of acute sinusitis Acute sinusitis : symptoms - can manifest itself as a disease .Cranial cavity and paranasal sinuses are very close, and so inflammation can affect the lining of the brain.This is facilitated by the existence of links between the vascular, lymphatic and nervous systems of these anatomical structures.But some patients, the headaches do not bother, as the pus is free to flow away through a natural orifice.In acute sinusitis Acute sinusitis - How is inflammation pain typically poured, a man they felt over a large surface.But if one of the sinus inflammation is expressed very strongly the headache becomes local.
For the diagnosis the doctor will require some research data.Of great importance in identifying sinusitis has rhinoscopy - examination of the nasal cavity with special extenders, nasopharyngeal mirror or other instruments.At the same time in the nasal passages can see pus, redness, swelling and hyperplasia (overgrowth) of the mucosa.
The laboratory techniques include blood count and microbiological examination of secretions from the sinuses.The first method allows to indirectly determine the intensity of the inflammatory process, and the second - to identify micro-organisms that cause disease, and to determine their sensitivity to antibiotics.In order to clarify the diagnosis and determine the extent of the defeat of the maxillary sinuses radiography and diagnostic puncture of paranasal cavities.
Symptoms of chronic sinusitis
Chronic sinusitis - a continuation of acute inflammation, which usually occurs before a few times.If the signs of inflammation of the sinuses are stored for eight weeks, then this is called chronic sinusitis.
Very often a person is worried about worsening shortness of nasal breathing only.During exacerbation of sinusitis appear mucous, muco-purulent or purulent discharge from the nose.The latter may be dense, or fluid, it is sometimes smell.The number of discharges is usually greater in the morning.
for bluetongue forms of sinusitis characterized by abundant viscous mucous discharge.They linger long in the nose, dry up and form crusts.
Often inflammation of the maxillary sinus is accompanied by a decrease in the sense of smell, until his loss.Headache appears only at an exacerbation of the disease or only in those cases where the difficult outflow discharge from the sinus cavities.
During remission (period when symptoms of the disease is much weaker) well-being remains satisfactory.There comes a little getting used to the signs of sinusitis.
During exacerbation of chronic inflammatory process increased body temperature, swollen eyelids, cheeks appear painful swelling on the side of the affected sinus.Often in the anterior nasal cavity due to persistent swelling and secretions appear cracks is sometimes eczematous defeat.
When rhinoscopy revealed redness and swelling of the nasal mucosa.Characteristic sign of sinusitis - "strip pus" in the middle nasal passage.The presence of polyps, which cover excretory opening sinuses may lead to a violation of the self-cleaning maxillary cavities.
Rengenografiya - the main method of diagnosis of chronic sinusitis Chronic sinusitis - impact on health .Computer or magnetic resonance imaging allows to obtain more accurate information about the state of the maxillary sinuses.If necessary, a diagnostic puncture with a special needle and endoscopic examination of the sinuses.
Symptoms of sinusitis are expressed in varying degrees.Nasal discharge, pain in the affected sinus and the weakening of the sense of smell, which are combined with poor health and fever - symptoms are, in the event that you need to see a doctor.The only way to establish the correct diagnosis in a timely manner, to pick up the necessary treatment and prevent the transition of the inflammatory process in the chronic form.