Breastfeeding is a very personal moment for women.For some, the solution seems obvious, but someone a long time weighing all the pros and cons, as well as listening to the opinions of friends and relatives.Currently, doctors strongly recommend to prefer breastfeeding to all who have no contraindications to it.However, you and your baby are unique and the decision in any case, to take you.
advantages of breast-feeding for the child
Breast milk is the ideal food for a baby - so the way nature intended, and so has developed over many thousands of years of evolution.It contains vitamins, proteins and fats - all you need to newborn What should be the newborn for the first time - for hospital and home for growth.All of this is part of the product that is much easier to digest than any infant formula Dairy mixture - selection of the useful power .The composition of breast milk also includes antibodies that help the child to deal with viruses and bacteria.Through breastfeeding decreases
Breastfeeding is also associated with a higher IQ in children of preschool age and schoolchildren.A physical and eye contact during breastfeeding help to create a child a sense of security, comfort and confidence, which are especially important in the early stages of life.
In children who are breastfed are less common problem with excess weight than those who were given infant formula.Some experts believe that breastfeeding plays an important role in the prevention of sudden infant death syndrome.Finally, it is suggested that breast-feeding reduces the likelihood of diabetes, obesity, and certain types of cancer in the future, although to confirm these assumptions, further investigations are needed.
useful if breastfeeding for the mother?
Breastfeeding helps to burn calories, so she quickly gets rid of kilograms accumulated during the period of gestation of the child.During feeding produces the hormone oxytocin, which helps the uterus go back to the size that she had before pregnancy, as well as reduces the likelihood of uterine bleeding Uterine bleeding is menstruation - a sign of a serious breach after childbirth.It is believed that breast-feeding reduces the risk of developing breast cancer and ovarian cancer, and osteoporosis Osteoporosis - he threatens you? .
As a breastfeeding woman does not have to buy infant formula, bottles and teats, as well as to warm up the mixture before feeding, breast milk helps to save time and money, which is usually after the birth is not enough.
Due woman breastfeeding establishes a close bond with the child, which is important for psychological well-being of both.
Breastfeeding - beginning
In the first days after birth your breasts produce colostrum - a thick yellowish liquid that perfectly meets the needs of a man who had just been born.Colostrum helps the child to develop the digestive tract, and prepares it to breast milk.
Most newborns lose a little weight during the first three to five days after birth.It is not related to breastfeeding, including a shortage of milk, and they fear many young mothers.Within a week after the birth weight of the baby will begin to grow rapidly.Between production of breast milk and the child's needs there but other feedback: the more he needs milk, the more milk glands start working.Experts recommend that in the first six months of life to feed him only breast milk.If you add in the diet infant formula, milk production begins to decline.However, even if you are breast-feeding less than the recommended six months, it's better than not feed him breast milk at all.
- Be attentive to the needs of the child.You will quickly remember exactly how the child you will know that he is hungry.Feeding should be on demand.In the first few weeks of life, mothers to their newborns from eight to twelve times per day.Usually hungry babies perform hand movements toward his mouth, sucking emit sounds or just move your mouth.Try not to wait until the child is crying - it is a signal that he was too hungry.
- Be patient.Feed your baby as long as he wants to.Do not try to rush it - it does not help.Typically, each feeding a newborn takes ten to twenty minutes.
- Make yourself comfortable.When you are comfortable, easier to move on milk ducts.Therefore, take the most comfortable position, if necessary obkladyvayut pillows, and then begin feeding.Try to treat this as a respite in busy everyday life mother of a young child.
Who should not breastfeed
In these cases, a woman can not breastfeed:
- she is infected with HIV;
- She has active tuberculosis;
- She is undergoing chemotherapy;
- It takes illegal drugs, such as cocaine or marijuana;
- The child is a rare disease - galactosemia, in which his body can not process contained in the breast milk of galactose;
- Woman taking certain medications, such as drugs for migraines, arthritis or Parkinson's disease.