First-aid kit for the newborn: structure just in case
Even with a day-night pharmacies basic medicines and supplies for babies is best to keep on hand.Of course, you should always consult a pediatrician before applying any medication.What about first aid kit for newborn kit for the newborn - the means for all occasions composition should include?
Children's kit for the newborn: composition
- Cream of diaper rash.Diaper rash in infants inevitable.Choose products containing zinc oxide, which are best to soothe irritated skin.
- hydrocortisone cream Hydrocortisone - a drug that could save the life of the patient .This anti-inflammatory drug sold in pharmacies in a concentration of 0.5-1%.Both concentrations soft enough for babies, and are mainly used for eczema (scaly red rash);dryness and itching of the skin;or for the treatment of insect bites.Use as indicated on a tube, but no more than seven days in advance, because it can cause changes in the skin, e.g., loss of pigmentation.
- triple antibiotic cream.When a child begins to crawl and walk, it will appear small scratches and cuts.This cream can be applied to scratches, cuts or abrasions to prevent infection.
- Vaseline.It is cheap and time-tested tool not only works wonders for dry skin Dry skin: care and treatment and eczema, it can be used in the diaper rash, to protect the skin from the irritating urine and stool.
- medicines for teething.Toys, teethers usually help soothe the pain of teething Teething : difficult time , but if your child is very uncomfortable, can help a special external tool.
- Paracetamol.It recommended by doctors in the form of drops or syrup from the heat or pain, but never let this medication to a child if it is less than two months, without any doctor's instructions.Read instructions to comply with the dosage and use a spoon or dropper that comes with the medicine.
- ibuprofen (Nurofen).Ibuprofen may relieve pain and fever.Never give this medicine to a child younger than four months without a doctor's permission.Ibuprofen is a little stronger paracetamol and its effect lasts longer.However, many pediatricians prefer to prescribe paracetamol to babies because it is easier for the stomach longer used in infants.However it is better to have both drugs, as they may require very high temperature or severe pain, such as the ear.
- decongestants.Typically, a decongestant or an antihistamine combined with recommended when runny or stuffy nose.Such drugs should not be given to children up to 4-6 months.Talk to your doctor about the use and dosage.
- antitussives.This medicine can also give your baby only 4-6 months.The most common ingredient in baby antitussive medicine - is dextromethorphan.
- remedy against swelling.Infants often accumulate in the stomach gases, and is to help them move.Means against swellings help soothe baby's tummy, and withdraw gases, to reduce discomfort.
- electrolyte solution.This tool is used to combat dehydration during severe diarrhea or vomiting.Give your child this tool only as directed by a doctor.
- Saline nose drops.These drops are made from pure salt water, help clean the child's stuffy nose.They can be used alone or with nasal aspirator.A humidifier can also relieve upper respiratory tract infection.
- Medical syringe or pipette.These adaptations are necessary in order to make sure that you give your child the correct amount of medication (in babies mild cases overdose).Syringes, which shows the number of milliliters or scoops preferred.Of these, the medicine is spilled, and it's easy to put into the mouth of the baby.Scoop supplied with the medicine, good for children who can already sit.
- nasal aspirator.Aspirators made of soft rubber, helping to suck the mucus from the baby's nose with a cold, because it is not yet able to blow your nose.Squeeze the aspirator, and put into the nostril of the child as far as he can go, at an angle toward the top of the ear.As you decompress slowly suction, it will suck the mucus.But remember that babies do not like when doing something with their noses.Therefore, if the runny nose is not strong, you can leave the child alone.
- Cotton Buds.Use them to clean the folds of the outer ear.Never insert a cotton swab into the inner ear canal baby;you risk damaging the eardrum.
- patches.The patch can protect the wound, but the baby can swallow it, so do not use it in the places to which the child is under two years old can easily reach.
- Electronic thermometer.Parents need to measure the temperature of the child's rectum, up to 6 months.The results of the rectal temperature more precisely than under his arm.Any increase in temperature of an infant under 4 months require a doctor's advice, and children younger than 2 months at a high temperature may need to be hospitalized.
- Scissors for nails.Babies grow very quickly, and cut them fingernails is needed every five to seven days.Use special scissors for babies, and trim your nails baby very carefully.If the child resists, try to trim nails him while he sleeps or eats.
- Wet antiseptic wipes.Antiseptic wipes - a convenient way to wipe cuts and scrapes to prevent infection.Each time, use a fresh cloth, and wipe the wound, gently moving from the center to remove the dirt.
reminder for parents
When you need to treat the child, remember the following:
- Ask your doctor when to give the medicine before or after a meal (or in combination with breast milk or a mixture).
- Tell your doctor if the child is taking any other medicine.Mixing certain drugs may be unsafe.
- Keep medicines out of the reach of children.
- Do not call medicine "candy."
- accurately measure medicine even milliliter may be for baby overdose.Use special devices, and not cooking spoons.
- Call your doctor if the medicine does not have the desired effect, the child's condition has deteriorated, or if you notice unexpected side effects.
- Never give your child aspirin.It can cause Reye's syndrome, a serious disease that affects the brain and internal organs.
- Do not forget to update your first aid kit, getting rid of the drugs that have expired, and instead of adding new drugs to use.