First aid kit for a newborn - the means for all occasions
Even if you live in a modern big city, where there is a sufficient number of day-night pharmacies with a huge range, some medicines for the newborn, as well as a means to provide first aid should always be at hand.Better when the kit is prepared for the newborn during pregnancy - after the appearance of the child, you may be hard to find time to go to a drugstore in search of essential drugs.
Composition for newborn kits can vary depending on such factors as place of residence (for example, if you live in warmer climates, where the spread dangerous insects in the medicine cabinet should be a remedy for bites and sunburn ointments)the health of the baby, and so on.However, in almost any child's first aid kit must be logged listed below.
List - kit for newborn
- Ointment for diaper rash.The appearance of diaper rash is almost inevitable for any newborn, so the first-aid kit should always be a means to combat them.It is best suited for this purpose ointment containing zinc oxide - a substance copes with irritation.
- hydrocortisone ointment Hydrocortisone - a drug that could save the life of the patient .This ointment, which is available in almost any drug, usually a concentration of active substance of 0.5% or 1%.Both species are quite gentle ointment for babies.Hydrocortisone is used mainly for eczema, insect bites, as well as irritation and itching of the skin.Use ointment as directed on the package, and do not use it on a stretch of more than seven days, otherwise it could lead to a violation of skin pigmentation.
- neomycin.Once the baby starts to crawl or walk on his skin from time to time will necessarily appear scratches or cuts.Neomycin ointment is applied to minor skin lesions to prevent infection.
- Vaseline is a great moisturizer for eczema and various disorders that cause dryness and peeling of skin in children.Besides, it can be applied to diaper rash to protect the affected skin from contact with urine and feces.
- Paracetamol.Liquid paracetamol, designed specifically for babies and infants, is considered safe for babies, even though children under the age of two months, it is still not recommended to give without the proper guidance of the doctor.
- Ibuprofen, like paracetamol, produced in the form of liquids, the concentration of active ingredients that is perfect for small children.It is desirable that children first aid kit for babies Baby kit for babies - the first ambulance included the drug, though children under the age of four months may be given only with the permission of the doctor.Ibuprofen - somewhat more potent drugs than paracetamol, and its effect lasts longer.In most cases, doctors recommend giving newborn paracetamol, because it is more gentle preparation for the children's stomach;Nevertheless, with severe pain and very high body temperature, you may need Ibuprofen Ibuprofen: anti-inflammatory drug , so it is best to make it right at your fingertips.
- Decongestants.Strictly speaking, OTC decongestants are not required in newborn medicine cabinet - with very few exceptions, they are not recommended for children under 4-6 months.However, you can buy just in case decongestants - preferably with long storage.
- Cough syrup is usually also not recommended for children under the age of six months, but one bottle of medicine of this type is still worth to keep in the medicine cabinet.
- Simethicone is recommended to take a newborn suffering from abdominal cramps.He does not always give the expected result, but at least, this drug does not cause side effects, and is considered quite safe for even the youngest children.
- electrolyte solution is used to eliminate the effects of dehydration.It may be necessary when a newborn severe diarrhea and vomiting.It should be noted that the likelihood that you yourself have to give the newborn a solution is very small.Typically, when a baby, slight or moderate-severe diarrhea and vomiting is recommended to continue breastfeeding or formula milk Dairy mixture - selection of the useful power , and if they are very strong, the baby is hospitalized, and liquid electrolytes give him in the hospital.You can keep in the medicine cabinet electrolyte solution, but you can give it to a child only if it was recommended by your doctor.
- Saline solution for rinsing the nose.This inexpensive tool is completely safe for newborns and very good for a variety of infections of the upper respiratory tract.
- syringe and / or pipette.They will be useful in order to accurately measure the correct dose of liquid medicine for your child.In the treatment of newborns it is very important to clearly stick to the recommended doses of drugs as an overdose can be especially dangerous for them.
- Cotton sticks come in handy to clean the ears of the child (by the way, a layman should be cleaned only the outer part of the ear of a newborn, do not enter the wand inside the ear).They are also used for the application of ointments some small areas on the skin.
- bandages and plasters have to be in every home medicine cabinet.
- Thermometer.To measure the temperature in neonates and infants under the age of six months are best rectal thermometer (testimony of the most accurate), but you can also use a regular thermometer that measures the temperature in the armpits.The safest for young children are digital thermometers, which do not contain potentially dangerous mercury for humans.
kit for babies: safety
- Keep a first aid kit in a closed cabinet, and to remove the drug immediately after use.Remember that a child can swallow any medicine that you accidentally leave with him, and the consequences can be very severe.
- Before giving the infant a drug, you should consult your doctor, even over the phone.Ask the doctor not only about whether a drug is safe for the baby, but exactly when it should be given - before or after feeding.
- Secure bandages and patches so that the child could not unwind by yourself or peel them.
If you suspect that exceeded the recommended dose of a drug, seek immediate medical attention.