Unfortunately, allergy in infants is quite common, so today issued a series of infant formulas, which have anti-allergenic properties.Of course, it may be allergic to any product, even on hypoallergenic formula, however, most children hypoallergenic food mixes helps to reduce allergic reactions Allergic reactions: how to understand why you tickle in the throat .
Why and how to start a food allergy in infants
Food allergies in children under one year usually occurs in the cow's milk protein, gluten (vegetable protein contained in certain cereals such as oats), egg yolkand other.Children who are breastfed, allergies is much rarer, because human milk protein is not foreign to the body of the child and easier to digest.
develops a food allergy is more common in children with congenital atopic (hereditary allergy due to the individual characteristics of the body), which is referred to it by a parent or under different environmental stress (for example, smoking and various diseases of the
Food allergies may be in violation of the gastrointestinal tract of the child, as well as a variety of eating disorders nursing mother or child.
Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract in this age group can be expressed:
- insufficient production of digestive enzymes - they help digest food;
- a lack IgA - immunoglobulin that is normally in the mucous membranes and prevents the absorption into the blood of foreign particles or antigens, e.g., cow's milk protein;
- increased permeability of the intestinal mucosa for the large molecules, for example, cow's milk protein;
- in violation of the formation of intestinal microflora;normal intestinal microflora - bacteria that help digest food, is formed within a few months.
Violations in maternal and child nutrition, leading to the development of food allergy in children allergy in children - how to help your child? first year of life:
- use of mother to eat too much milk and dairy products, as well as other products with allergenic properties (eggs, chocolate, nuts, strong meat broths, and so on);
- early termination of breastfeeding and breast-feeding Breastfeeding - a personal choice whole cow's milk.
Food allergies can manifest itself in a variety of skin rashes, regurgitation, vomiting, constant bloating, diarrhea or constipation, runny nose, cough, dyspnea, and various combinations of these features.When these symptoms persist occurring child should be examined by an allergist.
with food allergies often formed hypersensitivity to other allergens (pollen, household and so on) and the number of allergy symptoms can grow like a snowball.
What to do with food allergies
First of all, as long as such a child should be breastfed or mixed, if breast milk is not enough.If this is not possible today as hypoallergenic manufactured in two mixtures:
- hydrolysates of cow's milk - dairy protein in them is subjected to special treatment or hydrolysis, resulting in its molecule are considerably less reduced allergenicity and their increased digestibility;
- soy isolates - hypoallergenic mixtures containing highly purified soy protein.
hypoallergenic mixtures based on cow's milk hydrolysates
These mixtures are divided according to their appointment:
- treatment - there is almost no antigens, so they can be used to treat children with severe manifestations of food allergy;to treatment mixtures are Alfaro (Nestlé, Switzerland), Nutrilon Pepto TSC (The Netherlands), Nutrilak peptide MCT (Russia), Tutteli peptide (Finland), Frisopep (Netherlands);
- therapeutic and prophylactic - they are administered to children at risk of food allergy and its manifestations in the lungs, it is a mixture of Nutrilak GA (Russia), a hippie HA 1 and HA 2 (Austria), Humana HA 1 and HA 2, HA Humana 0 (Germany);
- prevention - to prevent food allergies, for example, Nan HA (Nestlé, Switzerland).
hypoallergenic mixture based on soy isolates
When an allergy to cow's milk protein are also used soy mixture, the effect thus occurs within four weeks from the beginning of their use.Soy mixtures based on soy protein isolate derived from genetically modified soybean, they do not contain gluten a vegetable protein, to which infants are also often develops allergy.
These mixtures include: Nan soybeans (Nestlé, Switzerland), Nutrilon soya (Netherlands), Nutrilak soy (Russia), Similac-Izomil (USA), Soya-CEMP (Sweden), Tutteli-Soy (Finland), Friso-soya (Netherlands), Humana-SL (Germany).
But nearly a quarter of infants suffering from food allergies, and revealed an allergy to soy mixture.In this case only a mixture based on hydrolysates of cow's milk.
Choose milk mixture Dairy mixture - selection of the useful power for a child suffering from a food allergy, an allergist or pediatrician will help, do it yourself is very difficult.