Breast milk is the best food for the newborn, but breastfeeding can be for various reasons impossible.However, if you decide to switch to bottle-feeding, do not feel guilty that you have to do it.
most common reasons that can not be breast-feeding:
- chest infection
- recently undergone surgery or radiation therapy
- Insufficient milk production
- child can not suck milk from
- Galactosaemiathe child, which is why he can not digest breast milk
- different situations related to relationships in the family and / or work, whereby women can not breastfeed.
advantages of artificial feeding:
- Anyone at any time can feed the baby.This allows your partner and other family members participate in the process of feeding.
- digested mixtures typically longer than breast milk, and the child is less likely to want to eat.
- mother can take care of business or get back to work, leaving the child in the afternoon with a partner, relative or nanny.In addition, the child used to the artificial feeding can easily feed in public.
- you know exactly how much a child eats.
- If necessary, the mother can take her to the necessary medicines without worrying that it will harm the child.
Disadvantages of artificial feeding:
- If bottles and teats are clean enough, there is a high probability of getting an infection in the child's body.
- Unlike breast milk mixtures for artificial feeding no antibodies Antibodies - "soldiers' immunity , which will protect the child from various viruses m bacterial infections.Children who are fed infant formula, usually more prone to various infections.
- Baby food is quite expensive, breast milk is a gift of nature.
- children who feed mixes are more common problems such as flatulence and constipation Constipation - Watch out for food .
Ideally you should breastfeed at least until the sixth month of life.If this is not possible, try to breastfeed at least the first 6-10 weeks of his life.During this time, he will receive the necessary antibodies, and learn how to properly suck milk.
To select a suitable mixture, consult your doctor.
Most babies begin to feed mixtures, which are based on cow's milk.Baby food is sold in powder form (usually the least expensive option), a liquid concentrate that is required to dilute, and pre-mixes, which are usually the most expensive and highest quality.
buying baby food, always look at the expiration date.If you have any doubt in choosing, call your doctor.The children's food should contain proteins, fats, vitamins A, C, D, E, K, iron, calcium and many other nutrients.
using powder or concentrate for the preparation of mixtures, clearly follow the instructions on the package.Water to make the mixture should be boiled for one minute, then cool.Powder or a concentrate to be mixed with cold water and then reheated to the required temperature.For convenience, one can prepare a number of times the mixture is baby eats normally within 24 hours, and stored in the refrigerator.The mixture, which once warmed up, you can store only one hour;then the remains should be discarded.
Warm up the mixture, put on the fire a pot of water, and put the bottle with the mixture.Do not heat the mixture in a microwave oven.
How to choose the bottles and nipples?
for artificial feeding bottles are plastic and glass, reusable and disposable.Glass bottles should be regularly inspect - chips and cracks represent a potential danger for the child.
dummies are now made of rubber, latex and silicone.Try using a nipple made of different materials and different shapes to see which of them prefer the child.Replace the teat if:
- mixture flows through the nipple too fast
- color nipples changed
- nipple damaged