Elkar can be used for babies from the first days of life in individually selected dosage.This drug improves metabolism and gives the newborn the necessary energy that allows you to develop normally even in preterm infants with perinatal brain lesions.
Elkar - drug improves metabolism and energy supply of tissues
Elkar (L-carnitine) - a drug to normalize metabolic processes.L-carnitine - a natural substance similar to vitamins B, which is actively involved in cellular metabolism.The final products of oxidation are levocarnitine ATP and ATP and acetyl-CoA - sources of energy needed to maintain cell metabolism.
After receiving Elkar inside it is well absorbed in the intestine, the maximum concentration in blood is reached after 3 hours.Necessary for the treatment concentration is maintained for 9 hours.Elkar rapidly penetrates the liver and heart muscle, slow - a skeletal muscle.Excreted in the urine.
Available Elkar a 30% solution for the reception inside in vials and ampoules as a soluti
Elkar - Instructions for use newborn
Elkar improves protein and fat metabolism, improves secretion and enzymatic activity of gastric and intestinal juices,It improves digestion, increases resistance to physical stress and adaptation of the newborn in the external environment.In a healthy adult human body will usually suffice levocarnitine, whereas infants often have a deficiency.To fill this gap by using the Elkar.
If a child is born in a state of asphyxia (suffocation) due to oxygen deprivation, such as compression of the airway from the outside (strangulation), closing their lumen swelling and so on, use Elkar reduces the degree of lactic acidosis - a serious condition caused by the accumulation in the blood and tissueslactic acid produced during oxygen deficiency.This drug also contributes to economical use of glycogen (energy reserves) and increases its reserves in the liver and muscles.
Neonatologists (pediatricians, who observe and treat newborns) are often prescribed Elkar newborn and premature babies with a variety of disorders associated with perinatal (arising in the period from 28 weeks gestation through the first week of life) brain lesions.So Elkar Infant prescribed in the following cases:
- transferred birth trauma or asphyxia - Elkar increases the supply of brain cells of energy, thereby activating the metabolism improves metabolism and losing weight without dieting ;
- children with weak sucking reflex (the child takes the breast inactive, sluggish sucks behind in weight) - activates Elkar food reflexes, increases the appetite;
- management of small and premature babies - Elkar promotes appetite, the child sucks the milk and greater well-gaining weight;
- hypotonia, weakness (lying on your back, the newborn is given a frog with outstretched limbs immobile) - Elkar improves muscle tone and restores normal physical development of the child;
- if a newborn will have some surgery - Elkar charges the body with energy, promotes the preservation of the properties of red blood cells (RBCs), improves blood circulation and prevents the formation of blood clots.
contraindicated for use Elkar newborn can only be individual intolerance of components.
drug is generally well tolerated by infants, only in rare cases, there may be side effects from the gastrointestinal tract: abdominal pain Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms and digestive disorders.The child may appear bloating (flatulence) and cramps (intestinal colic).We can not exclude allergic reactions, which in newborns often manifest themselves in the form of regurgitation.
In overdose Elkar intensified its side effects such as digestive disorders.Treatment - gastric lavage and administration of activated charcoal Activated carbon - old but indispensable .
How to give a newborn
Elkar Elkar Newborns prescribed under medical supervision in individually selected dosage.Take it an hour before feeding, the average single dose for infants is 30-75 mg (4-10 drops) 2 times a day (daily dose - 60-150 mg).Before use 1 ml of a 30% solution Elkar diluted in 40 ml of 5% glucose solution.
course of treatment appointed or immediately after birth, or on the fifth day of life (children who have suffered birth trauma Birth injuries - than they threaten your child? and asphyxia).Duration of treatment may last from two to six weeks, depending on the condition of the child.