- Birthmarks: what do they say?
people no moles probably do not exist: birthmarks of various sizes adorn the body of almost all adults of the human race.Drinking birthmarks usually ambiguous: someone finds them charming, one - ugly.Some see signs of the fate of moles, while others relate to the nevus with caution, fearing their rebirth.
Where are the moles
Birthmarks or as they are called scientists nevi are benign skin lesions.Moles formed from skin cells, which structure contains an increased amount of pigments.The cells that make up moles are called nevotsity.They contain large amounts of melanin pigment.Nevotsity - a pathologically altered melanocytes - that is, cells that normally synthesize melanin and give skin a certain color.
Melanin is "responsible" not only for the skin tone.This pigment increases the body's ability to handle stress;is a powerful antioxidant Antioxidants: the truth about the notorious use and protects cells from damage by toxic substances;
Newborn birthmarks usually does not happen.However, many researchers attribute nevi birth defects of the skin.According to scientists, a mole on the bodies of young children is still just too small to be noticed.With age, the nevi are visible to the naked eye.Over time, their number varies: most moles in adolescents, and to eighty years, many nevi disappear.This is due to hormonal fluctuations throughout life.
mechanisms of occurrence of birthmarks are not known until the end.Researchers believe that a major role in the appearance of birth defects play heredity, hormonal changes during pregnancy, exposure to toxins, and the body of a pregnant various negative factors.As a result of these actions instead of melanocytes in certain areas of the skin accumulate nevotsity.From melanocytes nevotsity two different characteristics.Firstly, they have processes in which pigments can spread to other cells of the skin.Secondly, less subject nevotsity regulatory systems of the organism, although not completely lost this ability, such as cancer cells.
nevi nevi may arise not only on the skin, and mucous membranes.These moles are usually found by chance.Contrary to popular belief, black people have birthmarks occur as often as in fair-skinned, but they are practically invisible.
Birthmarks come in different sizes: small diameter of one and a half centimeters;medium - up to ten centimeters.Large nevi are larger than ten centimeters, and birthmarks, occupying more than half of any part of the body, called the giant.
Nevi a great variety of shapes, colors and sizes.Surprisingly, sometimes referred to as nevi, even benign, do not contain melanin pigment, such as hemangioma - vascular nevi.This formation of red found in newborns and is usually held in the first year of life.Just refer to the anemic nevus nevus - skin areas with underdeveloped blood vessels.
to truth nevi are the following varieties:
- intradermal nevi.These birthmarks are common particularly well, they are characterized by melanocytes located in the thickness of the middle layer of the skin - the dermis;
- Border nevus.Cells with pigment positioned between the epidermis and dermis.These nevi usually dark in color, with a dry and smooth surface, which never grow hair;
- pigment nevus complex rises above the surface of the skin and has a smooth surface.Often a mole grows coarse hair;
- intradermal nevi also raised above the surrounding skin, but its surface is uneven.Over time, such a mole becomes thin legs, and then can turn into papillomatoznyh (warty) nevi.These nevi are almost always placed on the head and neck;
- basal nevus - a light birthmark, the color of which is virtually identical to the color of the skin;
- Blue nevus.Such a small mole with a characteristic bluish tint popping the representatives of Asian nations.The surface of the blue nevus is smooth, her hair will never grow;
- Nevus of Ota and nevus Ita.Such moles have the form of "dirty" spots blue-black.Nevus of Ota are located on the face, and nevi Ita - in the neck and upper torso.Nevus of Ota are melanomoopasnym;
- papillomatoznyh (warty) nevi.Such moles have uneven warty surface are often covered with hair.As a rule, they are placed on the head or around the neck from behind.Often these nevi grow large;
- Nevus Becker often occurs in teenage boys.Doctors attribute the appearance of this pathology with the release into the blood of a large number of male hormones.First on the body appears more brown spots, which may merge into a single nevus diameter of up to twenty centimeters.Later, nevus becomes warty surface and covered with hair;
- Nevus eyes can be located on the iris as a highly visible spot or on the retina.In the latter case nevus is found only during ophthalmological examination;
- linear nevus.Congenital neoplasm is a chain of knots, which sometimes grow hair;
- Nevus Sutton (halo nevus).Around nevus located land, devoid of pigment.The origin of these nevi is not known.Sometimes they disappear on their own, and sometimes - degenerate into melanoma;
- dysplastic nevi usually looks like unevenly colored spot with some towering above the skin elements.The size of the nevus is usually greater than one and a half centimeters in diameter.For dysplastic nevus characterized asymmetry and fuzzy edges.This applies to education melanomoopasnym and often degenerates into cancer.
small flat mole up to five millimeters in diameter, usually does not cause trouble to their owners.Many believe such nevi even attractive: not by chance many women decorate their faces with artificial moles - flies.
Convex moles and birthmarks, hairy, look a lot less cute.The same can be said of the large, and especially the giant birthmarks birthmarks and hemangiomas - the face aggressive treatment? on the face or body.Some resign themselves to such decorations, while others go to the doctor to get rid of unsightly moles.In most cases, it is quite possible, but remember that you can only remove moles at the graduate and only after consultation with the oncologist, dermatologist.