Child safety - this is the main question that worries all parents.This also applies to the safety of children in a sling wearing.The news stories are sometimes flashed that slings are dangerous for children, and in some cases fatal.Unfortunately, some slings really unsafe, but the media rarely dealt with in the media for transporting children and so they combine them all into one group: "Oh my God!This tool will kill your baby. "
which ensures the safety of the sling?
In any sling baby should be in a position similar to the position in his mother's arms (except for slings, in which the children are on the back, although in them the child should feel comfortable).For example, in the slings on the rings children are usually upright at the chest or in the supine position, similar to when you are breast-feeding, or in a reclining position.Similar provisions are recommended for slings, scarves, slings, pockets and May and slings.When transporting a child in a sling, mom should always see the ba
- not be worn horizontally on the side of the child or in a position where it is pressed against your chest.Although some means for carrying children differently wearing children impossible.These slings are portability with borders that is pulled by means of laces, lined the bottom of the seal, and the sling - is carrying on with the power strap buckle or fasteksy.Sometimes, to create the appearance of security in such slings there are straps that can be fixed in one position for the child.Such devices are called sling bags, and they have several shortcomings in its design.
- They close visual access to the child because of a side, which is pulled by means of laces.Sling bags resemble normal duffle bag.You can see the baby's face only when bumpers are not tightened.Due to the fact that the sling is closed on, it may accumulate inside the carbon dioxide that can interfere with normal breathing child.
- flat base does not allow the tissue to take shape a child's body, and poses a real danger that the child will slide to one side.This can be very dangerous.If the child slides down to the body of the parent, even if the sling is a special mesh that allegedly breathable, there is a risk of suffocation.
- curved shape carrying provoking pose "chin-to-chest."Newborn respiratory tract are very narrow - diameter hole with straw - and if the chin is pressed to the chest, it can compress the airways and reduce or even block the flow of air.This phenomenon is called "positional asphyxia" and can occur in any kind of carrier, in which the baby's head is tilted forward, including children's car seats and strollers (they carry children in a horizontal position, they are not intended for infants) and a swing.
- many belts inside the sling bags create a false sense of security.With belt you commit child in an uncomfortable, unstable position, and then believe that the child is safe, although you can not see it in the sling bag.
- Most of these bags is credited with the only purpose of all size, but in reality they are too large for the average-sized women.Even if they tighten, the child is at the level of the hips, wrapped in a cloth.
- limited regulation of the length of the narrow belts and straps often cause discomfort to the person who wears them.
When checking the safety slings, remember:
- You should always see the face of the child and is easy to check its condition, without opening and pushing the fabric.
- Slings should simulate the way holding a baby in her arms.If not, then at least it does not have to cover the air access and child must hold the child in an upright position.
- You should be able to easily move the child to a safe position, without the use of belts, buckles, or other structures.
- Slings should easily conform to the body, hold the child tightly at chest level and not low on the hips.
So, if your sling is safe?If it meets the criteria above, and you will easily follow the instructions to wear, so it suits you.The most fashionable and well-equipped slings are unsafe, if the one who wears them, are not familiar with the rules of use and security (often well equipped with slings, for example, sling bags, are the least safe).The easiest piece of cloth can be safe if it is to wear.Unfortunately, major manufacturers sling bags do not realize the danger they pose, despite the reports of positional asphyxia.