Paraffin boots - a physiotherapy treatment, which is often carried out for small children.The main indication for it - increased muscle tone legs.For the manufacture of such boots can be applied not only paraffin and ozocerite, and typically use a mixture thereof.
What is the use of paraffin and ozokeritotherapy
Paraffin - a waxy mixture of saturated hydrocarbons, which is obtained from crude oil.The heated high-purity paraffin due to its properties used for thermotherapy.
Paraffin retains heat for a long time and gives it very slowly.When applied to the skin temperature of the tissue to be increased by 1-2 ° C, the capillaries dilate and thereby increases blood flow.Against this background, improving metabolism, accelerates regeneration of damaged tissues.Applications paraffin have anti-inflammatory, resolving effect and helps eliminate muscle spasms.
Ozokerite - a homogeneous waxy mass black.It consists of paraffinic hydrocarbons, gaseous hydrocarbons, mineral oils, asphaltenes, carbo
Ozokerite raises the temperature of tissue at the site of its application to 2-3 ° C.In applying the fabric are heated to a depth of five centimeters and there are first briefly (lasting up to forty seconds) spasm and then vasodilation.However, local blood flow is accelerated, increasing the rate of metabolic and regenerative processes.Ozokerite has the following effects:
Why do children paraffin boots
Paraffin boots for infants most often assigned when neuralgia Neuralgia - the scourge of the elderly and hypertonia (increased tone) of the leg muscles.These states reveals neurologist.The development of the child contribute to hyper:
- hypoxia (lack of oxygen) during fetal development;
- strong toxicosis in the mother during the first trimester of pregnancy;
- increased tone of the uterus, anemia, intoxication, infectious diseases during pregnancy;
- complications delayed or rapid delivery.
Normally, children under the age of three preserved physiologically increased tone of the flexors.Before the birth of the child was in the uterus in a fetal position, his legs were bent at the knees slightly apart and pressed against his stomach, bent handle while the elbow and pressed against his chest, and hands clenched into fists.
After the birth for a certain period of time the child continues to maintain this position, but the muscles at the same time should not be too tight.In healthy children always easy to straighten the limbs and unclench his fists.
By three months flexor muscle tone gradually decreases.By six months, reaching a state where the extensor muscles and flexor function identically.Hypertonicity of muscles is accompanied by a number of features:
- When the child is lying, then his body curved in an arc;
- A child older than three months time, even during sleep Dreams: how to understand our dreams hands clenched into fists and legs bent;
- When you try to separate a child bent legs or arms feel strong resistance;
- child aged up to one month "holds" the head due to increased muscle tone;
- head turned to one side always or always tilted to one shoulder;
- child can turn over only in one direction;
- short and restless sleep;
- When crying baby throws back his head and arched back;
- shake chin when crying;
- When a child starts to get on its feet, it does not rely on the whole foot, but only on the outer part or on the sock.To do this, you can spend a little test: the child should keep the armpits and put it on its feet.If he relies solely on his fingers, it is a sign of hyper.
When hypertonia gipertonus: a sign of the disease together with paraffin boots usually prescribed massage, electrophoresis and relaxing baths.If a child is treated in a hospital or in a sanatorium, the paraffin is performed in the physiotherapy room.If the treatment is done on an outpatient basis, the best thing to do paraffin boots at home.
How to paraffin boots child
Before performing this procedure, you need to prepare everything for her.It would take:
- two pots of different sizes;
- Paraffin and ozocerite (you can buy them at the pharmacy);
- or polyethylene packaging film;
- Warm long socks.
first take the wax and mineral wax at a ratio of one to one and melt them in a water bath Sauna and health: the benefits and harms of bath procedures .After the resulting mixture becomes homogeneous and its spread on the dense layer of polyethylene with a thickness of about one centimeter.
need to do two of the workpiece (one for each leg of the child) and wait until they are a little cool.Their temperature must be above body temperature, but the wax does not have to burn the skin of the child.So before you apply the mixture on the child's feet, it is necessary to make the sample in the crook of the elbow, to prevent the occurrence of burns.
From the resulting pieces are cut pieces of suitable sizes and put on the baby's legs, gradually wrapping the limbs of the child's feet to the knees.On top of the resulting Sapozhkov applied layer of plastic film, and then the child's feet to wear long socks.
duration of the procedure is fifteen minutes.After her for three hours with a child can not go to the street.
This procedure has some contraindications.It can not be carried out in skin diseases and heart, as well as the presence of inflammation in the body.
Thermotherapy helps to improve blood circulation and metabolic processes that occur in them.Children are often the treatment of hyper leg muscles are used with the addition of paraffin ozokerite boots.Before performing this procedure at home, you should consult your doctor.