Slings: safety rules
If done correctly, carrying baby in a sling can be safer than carrying a baby in her arms.It does not have a sling of muscles that get tired, or hands that we are always able to insure.But anyway, the children's safety is always paramount.We offer you a few tips that relate to the child's safety when carrying it in a sling.You are responsible for the safety of your child, as well as for her.
No matter what you choose to sling, you just need to learn how to use it and to think about the safety of the child.
few safety rules that can not be neglected:
- Parents should make sure that the child can breathe.Sling allows parents to go about their business as their hands were free, but that is no reason not to take care of their child.None of the sling may not provide your child with a constant flow of air.It should check the parents.
- not carry the baby so that his chin touched his chest.This rule applies to all children who are on hand in a sling, in the seat, or in any other similar devices.Such a situation may prevent the child breathe.Newborns are not so well controlled muscles to open the airway.The child should be comfortable to lie on his back, to his chin touched his chest.
- Parents should not allow that person or the child's head was covered with a cloth.Cover the head and face of the child can lead to a child has inhaled exhaled air, which poses a risk to a child's health.In addition, if the baby's head is covered, parents can not properly check whether all the child.Parents should be sure that their child is no air.It is necessary to frequently check the condition of the baby.
- When carrying baby in a sling parents can not run, jump or engage in any other physical activity, which is accompanied by shaking or bouncing.Experts say that such movement can damage the neck, spine and / or brain of the child.
- Never use a sling when you are traveling in the car.Unlike car seats, slings soft tissue do not provide the proper level of security.
- Parents should use a sling, which is suitable for the baby age and weight.For example, ergonomic backpacks can be used for hiking with babies and toddlers, but they are not suitable for children who can not sit unaided for a longer period.The backpack, which is usually put on the front, you can carry a child weighing from 5 to 12 kilograms.Children with less weight can simply slip out of the sling, and the guys bigger cause discomfort in those who put on a sling.
few tips for everyday safety
- Parents should regularly inspect the slings and check them for defects.Particular care is necessary to check the seams, fabric, buckle and other fastening each time you use the sling.Do not use a sling if you find that it is something wrong.
- While walking with a child is sometimes viewed in reflecting the image of the surface - for example, car windows or shop windows - using them as a mirror to check the baby's position.
- not recommended to visit with the child in a sling places where there is an increased risk of falling.For example, the risk of falling increases as you go up the stairs, ride a horse or a bike, skate.The risk of falling increases as on slippery surfaces when you go bowling, sailing or exploring caves.When a child is in the womb, he gets "built" fall protection, but the child in her arms or in a sling does not have this protection.So no need to go to those places and engage in such activities.
- If you need to wear protective clothing to some classes, you do not have to wear a sling on top.Fixtures for transporting children does not include the protection of eyes, ears, protection against flying particles, which come from lawnmowers, protection from smoke and dust that occur in the process of mowing the lawn, or washing dishes.Slings also provide fall protection.
- Protect your child from bad weather conditions.
- hands and head need to be protected from the sun.Parents are not worth putting your child is very warm in summer;do not use a sling if the outdoor temperature is so high that the child can get heat stroke.Do not let your child get cold in the winter.Now there are many jackets and coats, especially sewn for slings, but you can also improvise and develop their own design.
- Be attentive to what a child can reach, if it is in a sling on your back.
- Carrying the child in your arms or in a sling - a very important job that you can be trusted to a responsible adult who is not afraid of risk.
- Do not wear your baby in a sling when doing cooking in the kitchen, as this increases the possibility of burns.If a child in her arms, or in the sling, it is situated at the plate, and it is likely that the child can get burned.
- drive a boat is better to keep the baby in a sling, and not on the hands, and even better to wear on him a special suit or a life preserver.Unfortunately, slings are not compatible with such devices.Moreover, if you fell into the water with the child, who was strapped to you sling straps, you expose a child in serious danger.
instructions to explore new slings
Most parents easily learn how to carry the baby in a sling or front side, but even in these cases, the baby should be kept to hand as long as you're not completely sureit is securely fastened in a sling.Slings that are put on the back, more complex, but give more freedom.For parents carrying children on their backs more convenient.The following tips apply to all types of slings, but special attention should be paid to them users slings that are worn on the back:
- to start practicing on a doll or teddy bear.If you have understood the instructions to the sling, it is only the first step, now we need to understand the principle of its fastening.Having made several attempts without a child, you will be able to remember a sequence of actions when dealing with sling.
- best to test a new sling with a child when both you and the child is well rested and in a good mood.
- you need a supervisor or supervisors.It must be an adult who will take responsibility for your child.The observer must be ready at any time to pick up your child if he will fall.
- Use a mirror.
- Start small.It is better to start to practice using the sling, handing the baby from the floor on the sofa, getting up and picking up your child for a.