- Ear drops for children - getting rid of the infection
to treat infections affecting the ears, commonly used ear drops for children.They help get rid of the infection and the risks associated with their use are minimal.
Ear infections are very common among children.Most often they are caused by bacteria that multiply in the fluid that accumulates behind the eardrum.You can assume that the child has an ear infection, if he complains of pain in the ear, began to sleep badly, he raised body temperature.
Young children who can not yet do complain about pain in these infections become moody, irritable, they can often touch their ears, their hearing is getting worse (you may notice that the child is less responsive to sounds).Sometimes the child becomes more awkward because of problems with balance (fortunately, they are temporary), but from the ears are allocation Allocation in women when there is cause for concern yellowish or greenish, sometimes - with an unpleasant od
There are several reasons for ear infections in children develop more frequently than in adults.
- Firstly, the Eustachian tube in a child is shorter than that of an adult, so, even under normal conditions, fluid from the ear appears difficult.If the Eustachian tubes become swollen or clogged with mucus colds or other respiratory diseases, the fluid begins to accumulate, which leads, in some cases, to the development of infections.
- Secondly, the immune system immune system - how it works? child, on average, weaker immune adults, so it is more vulnerable to any communicable diseases.In addition, a child of pre-school or school-age children five days a week is a long time in the team of the same children with relatively weak immune Immunity - the types and characteristics of children in adult .If one of them falls ill, the probability of infection is higher than in a group of adults.
Special drops for children usually contain less active substance than other drugs, so that the probability of serious adverse effects practically absent.Sometimes children prescribed the same ear drops that are used to treat adults, but in smaller doses - this treatment is also quite safe.Moreover, if left untreated, some ear infections can lead to much more serious complications than the side effects of ear drops.
How to dig ear drops baby?
- Wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap.
- squeeze bottle with drops in the palm of your hand and hold it for several minutes, or dip it in warm water (not hot!), To slightly heat the droplets.
- Have your child lie on its side, or sit down and tilt your head so that the ear was sore at the top.
- Shake the bottle with drops.
- Slightly move the tragus of the ear or gently pull the earlobe to open the ear canal.
- dripped into it exactly as many drops as instructed, or how much the doctor said.
- Ask your child still for a few minutes, or drops may leak out.Only then, if necessary, can be instilled in medicine and other ear.
Remember that even the best ear drops for children of abuse can cause severe side effects, so it is necessary to strictly observe the recommended dosage.
- Make sure that the dropper bottle of eye drops does not touch the skin.Otherwise, the container may get bacteria and other potentially harmful microorganisms.
- sure to check the expiration date of ear drops before you buy them.
- Keep the ear drops in a cool, dark place, away from children and pets.