If your child is sweating very much, but because of the diapers that do not leak air, or because of a few layers of clothing sweat does not evaporate, heat rash develops.Especially common is the prickly heat in the newborn Miliaria in infants - watch pampers , which can be treated quite successfully carried out at home, but after a while a characteristic skin rash often reappears.The reason for this, as a rule, in that parents put too warm young children.
If your newborn baby suddenly a rash on the neck, in the armpits, and / or at the edges of the diaper, it most likely sudamen.This is not a dangerous disease - sudamen is a sign that a certain portion of the baby's skin does not have time to evaporate, and then, most likely, your child too warm.Sweating - a natural reaction to the increase in ambient temperature.In addition, sweat glands newborn is not yet fully developed.As a consequence, they are more easily damaged, resulting in sweat remains under the outer layer of the skin, and on its
When you need to see a doctor?
In most cases, sudamen is not dangerous and is held either by itself or after a simple home treatment.However, if, despite the measures taken by you, the symptoms of prickly heat does not disappear within three days or more, you need to consult with a specialist.You should also consult a doctor if the rash has covered vast areas of the skin, the affected area if hot to the touch, burst of bubbles oozing pus, the child increased lymph nodes and / or increased body temperature.
prickly heat treatment in children
following measures are useful for the treatment and prevention of prickly heat:
- In the warmer months, and in a warm room in the child wear light clothing made of natural fabrics, it is best- soft cotton.It absorbs sweat, give the skin to breathe and tend to not rub the skin;
- No need to dress the child too warm during the cold season.The desire to protect the newborn against disease is understandable, but overheating is also not good for his health.Besides, strange as it may sound, the child should move a certain number of infections, because by this strengthens the immune system Immunity - the types and characteristics of children in adult - it is, in practice, learns to recognize pathogens and fightthem;
- Do not wear the baby too tight clothing - at any time of the year.Because of clothing that is very tight to the skin, heat rash develops very rapidly;
- Let newborn for a while lying on a bed or changing table without clothes and diapers.This is not only good for the skin, but also good for the baby: so many children like to be without clothes, which are almost always to some extent constrains movement.Of course, in this case in your house should be sufficiently warm.
What if the signs have already appeared prickly heat:
- Make a comfortable temperature.If it's very hot, make sure that the house had a normal temperature (about 21 degrees Celsius).This is important, because if your child is hot at home and on the street, sudamen will take a very long time.If you go with the child to travel to a country with a very warm climate, be sure to take care of that, where you will live, it had air conditioning.
- Bathe baby in cold water;
- Apply to areas of skin baby cloth soaked in cold water for 10-20 minutes;
- Use hydrocortisone ointment Hydrocortisone - a drug that could save the life of the patient (before you use it for the treatment of prickly heat in children Miliaria in children: treatment of small pimples under two years old, you should consulta doctor).Usually, a newborn can be used ointments low concentration of hydrocortisone - 0.5% or 1%.These ointments are sold without a prescription.Hydrocortisone is used to relieve itching and inflammation in the prickly heat, eczema, insect bites, allergic to some cosmetics, metals, household chemicals, poison ivy, and so on.Usually recommended ointment applied to the cleansed and damp skin once or twice a day, however, the physician may give different indications.
- Make oatmeal for a baby bath.Oats contains substances that quickly soothe inflamed, irritated skin, and thus they are perfectly safe even for the youngest children.Bath is best to use ordinary oatmeal, cereal and not fast food.It is also desirable to choose organic cereals, although simple oatmeal, which is sold in most stores usually absolutely harmless.
- Pour one-third of a cup of oatmeal in a coffee grinder and grind them into a fine powder.
- Fill the tub in which you bathe the baby, warm water, and sprinkle milled to oatmeal.Stir it with his hand, so that the water does not remain lumps.Then plant a child in the bath for 20-30 minutes.Be careful - because of the oatmeal bath wall and the baby's skin becomes more slippery than usual.After the bath, do not rinse the skin with clean water - so the nutrients contained in oats, will remain on the skin for longer baby and sudamen will be faster;
- for a few days on a regular basis (four to five times a day) was applied to skin, where there were signs of prickly heat, baby powder.It absorbs excess moisture and prevents the emergence of a new eruption.However, we must ensure that the child is not inhaled powder - it can lead to various diseases of the respiratory system, especially in children who were born prematurely.