Coprogram feces or the total fecal How to pass a stool, so as not to spoil it widely used in pediatrics.With this, in general, a simple analysis can identify the various digestive disorders in the child, including those related to the inherent characteristics of its structure and functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas, liver and biliary tract.
Coprogram - how to gather analysis in children
Coprogram - an analysis which allows to draw general conclusions on the functioning of the digestive system.Coprogram can be done in any clinical laboratory, it will evaluate the pediatrician or pediatric gastroenterologist.
accuracy of the analysis of feces is largely dependent on the correctness of the collection of material for studies in children.Two days before the delivery of the analysis the child should not receive the drug, in addition, should limit intake of meat, vegetables and fruit.Feces collected in clean, dry bowl in the amount of about 10 ml (half a tablespoon).Feces i
Donating to the lab better fresh feces or feces that has been allocated no later than 8 hours ago, but in this case it must be stored in the refrigerator.
Coprogram stool - transcript children
stool characteristics of children of different ages may be different.In addition, coprogram always reflected the nature of child nutrition.Explanation coprogram conducted on the basis of not one taken indicator and all the indicators as a whole.That's what they say some indicators coprogram:
- amount of feces - it is an important indicator that may indicate abuse in the pancreas, liver and biliary tract, as well as the tendency to constipation or diarrhea;
- stool consistency - depends on the amount of fluid in the stool, which largely depends on the secretory function of the intestines;
- color stool - depends on the nature of food, but can sometimes be a sign of disease;so black stool can be a sign of bleeding from the upper gastrointestinal tract;grayish-white color indicates the absence of fecal bile, which is most common in hepatitis;
- smell of feces - a whole lot to say about the process of digestion;it can be sour, putrid, fermentative - all this says about the various violations of the digestive system;
- stool acidity - says about the state of the intestinal microflora;low acidity - a sign of putrefaction in the intestines, high - fermentation;
- pathological admixtures in stool - blood, pus, helminths - indicate the presence of overt pathology;
- should not be in the child's feces and undigested muscle fibers, connective tissue, soluble protein, neutral fat and fatty acids, starch - it is a sign of disorders of digestion of food;the presence of neutral fat constitutes a violation of the pancreas and gall bladder, and fatty acids - a putrid dyspepsia;
- increased content in the feces sterkobelina says hemolytic anemia, and low - about the disease of the liver or bile ducts;bilirubin in the feces can be only in infants;
- presence of fecal starch and iodophilic flora talks about reduction of pancreatic function and increased bowel motility;
- presence of fecal leukocytes White blood cells as the basis of immunity (if their number is greater than the unit), indicates the presence of inflammation in the intestines;
- mucus in the stool of children normally happens only during breastfeeding - it testifies to incomplete digestion of fat contained in human milk.
Coprogram can also reveal fecal protozoa (such as Giardia), or worms.
What pathology can be detected using coprogram
Changes coprogram provide an opportunity to identify or suspect that a child has congenital or acquired diseases of the digestive system.One of the most common disorders in children is dysbacteriosis.Dysbacteriosis - disruption of the normal ratio between beneficial and pathogenic microflora in the intestines.
Typically, dysbiosis develops or after taking antibiotics Antibiotics - whether they will help you in the foreseeable future? , or if some other latent diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.Coprogram will reveal not only goiter but also dysfunction of the stomach, pancreas Diabetes and pancreas - the things you need to know , the liver, the availability of fast food mass evacuation from the stomach and intestines, impaired digestion and absorption of food in the duodenumand small intestine, inflammations in the gastrointestinal tract.That is, it is possible to identify (or suspect) the main cause of dysbiosis.
Coprogram stool is of great importance to identify diseases of the digestive system in children of all ages.