Psychosexual development of children under the age of four years: on the right track
Sexuality child should be brought up, paying particular attention to this, and not to let things drift.Lay the right foundation sexuality Nine ways to experience their sexuality is very important, since children today grow up and grow up very quickly, and no time to lose.It is better to teach children how to behave than to reap the benefits of bad.
Objective: To teach the child to perceive his body the way nature intended it.
«zone of the iceberg": at this stage you need to learn to focus on the child's physical capabilities of his body.A healthy body at this age allows the proper development of thought and spirit.In the early stages of growing up, the problem is that the children have learned to appreciate what nature has given them.
What is the norm:
- Questions about the difference between the sexes
- self-stimulation in the people and in alone (masturbation with imaginary imagery is not considered)
- Naminggenitals (potty training)
main tasks Phase child development
- emotional rapprochement with the mother
- emotional rapprochement with his father
- identification with his father (for boys) or mother (the girls)
- Respect for the father (for boys) or mother (the girls)
How to cultivate the sexual health and the integrity of this age
- Be open to dialogue with the child.
- Be consistent.
- Be kind.
- expresses the joy of the role carried out by you - a woman or a man, a husband or wife, breadwinner or homemaker.
- Tell your child to create a model of family and marriage, and procreation (Mom and Dad conceive a child after getting married and love each other).
- Strive to ensure that the child is eyeing as little people.A child becomes attached to people, and the more often you change them, so much the worse for him.
- Teach your child to name all the parts of his body and explain their function.Do not use slang.
- Explain to the child what are the main differences between a man and a woman.
- Teach your child hygiene and develop their sense of modesty and appropriate boundaries of behavior.
- Do everything your child says Paul (call him "my boy" / "my girl").
- Affirm the identity of the child, regardless of gender.
- express joy, fear and respect for family life, pregnancy, birth of children, weddings and so on.
- sure to explain to your child the difference between the good, bad, embarrassing and irritating touch (there are many books that describe the touch).Most of the stories should be aimed at preventing sexual exploitation and abuse.Parents should help the child learn how to describe the feelings that cause a variety of touch.
- Respect the "no" to the child and make sure to do it and others (his brothers and sisters, other relatives, peers, teachers, educators and strangers).Do not make him feel uncomfortable in the relationship.
- Start inspire him taken in your culture views on a person's sex, shy, sexy, beauty, respect, relationships.
- Answer the child's questions (in a language they understand) if he is old enough to ask, even old enough to hear the answer.Optionally, to explain all the details of the child, but if the child asks something that he is not allowed to know the age, note whether there was with him something (sex game, or operating).
What should I avoid
- Waste indiscretion in the house.
- slang words and euphemisms substitute words for body parts
- jokes about body parts of children or ignorance in relation to the age of the children
- expressions of shock, shame when children repeat slang words, masturbation, and other issues.Necessary to satisfy the curiosity of a child calm explanation and correction, and does not cause him a feeling of disgust.
- Viewer baby provocative and explicit scenes in movies, cartoons on TV.New research has shown that babies up to two years visual images very detrimental effect, and pre-school children in general can grow with the focus of attention disorders.
- tickling kids without their permission
- focus on appearance, especially maiden
- hugs and kisses everybody
- Acquisitions trendy tempting trinkets
What to do if you are concerned about your child's development
- RecordYour experiences: the date, time, event, and the child's response to your remark
- Talk to those who look after your children, and collect their observations
- collect data on family relationships
- Talk with your child's pediatrician
- Talk with children's therapist