- How to prevent sexualization of girls: the recommendations of parents
- How to reduce the harmful effects of
- timeless beauty
- How to talk with her daughter
sexualization - itevaluation of a person only in appearance or sexual behavior when he portrayed solely as an object of sexual desire, and all the rest of its quality and characteristics are not taken into account.Magazines, TV, Internet, video games and music videos have a detrimental effect on girls.Sexualization may provoke dissatisfaction with their own bodies, depression and all sorts of eating disorders (bulimia, anorexia Anorexia - Symptoms and effects on the body and others).In addition, created in the image of the media can badly affect the healthy sexual development of girls.
to the testimony of the sexualisation of society scientists refer dressing sexy young pop stars;dolls sexy dresses (especially dolls "Bratz");clothes for children up to ten years;adult models, dressed in t
Thus, the sexualization reduces man to his unique personal qualities to the level of sexual object, you have a thing for sexual use.Hardly information about the sexualization of society will become someone new, but this article should serve as a wake-up call for parents who believe that the media machine is useless to fight - the battle is doomed to defeat.A study conducted by the American Psychological Association found that the sexualization of girls negatively affects several areas of health.
- Cognitive and emotional consequences.Sexualization and objectification undermine confidence and a positive attitude towards one's own body, leading to emotional problems and violations of bodily perception, including shame and anxiety anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease? .
- mental and physical health.Studies have linked sexualization with three of the most common mental health problems of girls and women: neurotic eating disorders, low self-esteem and depression Depression - a little more than a bad mood .
- sexual development.Research suggests that the sexualization of girls leads to the inability of girls to develop a healthy way of their own sexuality.
Parents: problem or solution?
According to the study, parents can play an important role in maintaining a sexualization of their daughters or protecting them from harmful influences, engaging in their education and sex education.
Studies suggest that parents may inadvertently contribute to the sexualization of their daughters.In particular, parents can instill a girl that her main goal in life - to look attractive, strive to be beautiful in all circumstances.As it is not disgusting, but we've all heard stories about parents who even pay for plastic surgery for their daughters, such as "give" them rhinoplasty or silicone breast sixteenth birthday.Agree, it leaves no doubt as to their daughters how mom and dad are appearance and vanity.
Before considering methods of protecting girls from promoting unhealthy attitude to appearance in the media, it is necessary to draw attention to himself - perhaps we, as parents, too, to some extent contributed to the sexualization of their daughters?If appearance is important to you and is a measure of success in life (that is, you will not only meet, but also to see off on clothes), chances are you have transferred your views of your daughter.Hopefully, after reading this article you will have a better idea of how to bring up the girl.You may even have to go to his daughter and to apologize to her for the role you have played in the formation of unhealthy ideas about the role and mission of women.
next step - daughter put on a strict diet ... in relation to the media, that is to limit TV viewing, press and the Internet.Although it is impossible to completely protect the girl from the harmful influence of the media, we can eliminate factors that could cause the most harm to her mental health.