bathing can turn into a real pleasure for the child and for the parents, but it requires great care.Most child deaths from drowning occur at home, in most cases - when the parent, guardian or other adult leaves the child in a bathroom.The most important rule to remember those who will take care of a small child: do not leave your baby in the water or near water one - not even for a few seconds.To choke, child enough depth very small - only a few centimeters, and very little time.
How to prevent accidents while bathing baby
These tips will help you to prevent accidents in the bath:
- Always be so close to the child at any time to be able to maintain or raise it if itslip or fall in the bath.
- Always put on the bottom of the bath a special mat to prevent slipping.
- While bathing, give your child toys that he was not distracted and did not try to find out, for example, what the hot water tap.
- maintain the optimum temperature of the water to prevent burns.
- Keep all sharp objects such as razors and scissors, out of reach of the child's location.
- While bathing the baby unplug all electrical appliances that are in the bath.
- While bathing bathroom floor must be dry, so neither you nor the child slipped.
- If you store medicines and / or cleaning products in the bathroom, be careful that while bathing the child could not get them.
- Prepare a towel and wrap it in a child immediately after bathing, so it is not frozen.
- Very young children need to bathe in the bath - buy it before delivery and use only for bathing the baby.Thoroughly wash it soap (but not aggressive cleaning agents) after each swim.
- Wash your baby's head in the least that she had no time to freeze.
- bathe the child not less than once every three days.
- While bathing very small child smiles at him and talk with him.Many kids are afraid of swimming in his voice and smile adult contribute to creating a sense of security.
- If a child wants during bathing holding your hand, give him that opportunity.The favorable experience gained during the first bathing, help him to overcome the fear of water treatments.
- If you do not have a thermometer for water, determined by the temperature, touching the water with his elbow.There's a very sensitive skin Sensitive skin: causes and care and if the water is not too hot for the elbow.So it will not be too hot for the child.
- Use baby shampoo that does not cause tears.Nevertheless, try to wash your baby's head so that the foam does not fall into the eye.
Water, water, water everywhere
- Before you begin bathing the baby, make sure that prepared everything needed - towels, soap, shampoo and a soft sponge or loofah.
- Fill the tub with warm water (not more than 8 centimeters).Check the temperature of the water in the bath (the temperature may not exceed 36.5 -37.5 degrees).
- Most babies in the first months whimper or cry during bathing, and then receive from this procedure a real pleasure.
- Slowly lower the baby into the water, feet first, then the left hand support his neck and head.Give the kid to come into contact with the body of water and free hand lightly sprinkle it with water.
- Wet the sponge and use delicate baby soap.Do not wash your face with soap baby.Gently wipe it with a wet head with a soft towel.Wet cotton swab How to use sanitary pad - basic precautions clean the corners of the eyes and nose.
- There is no need to delay the skin to wash your baby's genitals;the penis should be washed with soap and water in the same way as any other part of the body.
- pouring a little mild shampoo in the palm, gently rub it in the hairs kid (if any).
- Take baby out of the bath and wrap it in a soft towel.Wiping the child should start with the hair.
- soft oil for baby's skin will make things even more soft, although it is not recommended to use these funds for children under a year.Put the baby on the diaper, sliders or overalls - and voila!Bathing completed.
If your kid does not like to swim, not necessarily subject him to this ordeal every day, especially when he had not yet begun to crawl.Regular wiping with a damp towel and bathing every few days - adequate hygiene for such crumbs.
Bathing baby: safety - especially
sure to comply with these rules in the process of bathing the baby.
- Never leave your baby unattended in the bath, even for a second.If all of a sudden bell rang (the front door or the phone), wrap the baby in a towel and take it with you.A baby can drown even in 3 inches of water for a few seconds.
- Water for bathing should be neither too cold nor too hot.Before bathing, always check the temperature with a thermometer.
- Wet babies are very slippery, so you need to keep them especially hard.
- Bathing baby immediately after feeding may lead to spit all eaten.
- Do not let the water in the tub when there is a baby - a sharp drop in temperature can damage it.
- To learn how to bathe the baby, you need a little practice (you get the chance).Only practice will teach you exactly how to bathe your child is.