How to discipline a child: recommendations parents
- how to discipline the child: parents recommendations
ability to properly and effectively discipline the child - is an art that must master all parents.Discipline - not the same as punishment.Discipline increasingly regard to education, not punishment: you teach the child the difference between right and wrong that we should respect the rights of other people, what the rules of conduct adopted in society.All this in order to help the child grow up loved, confident, disciplined, teach him to control his impulses and not be upset because of stress in their daily lives.
If your child have difficulty with discipline, it is important to remember that this is directly from you regardless.All children are different and the type of temperament and level of development, which is why one technique of discipline can have positive effects in working with some kids, but not be effective in relation to your child.
You must understand that your behavior while disciplining the child determines the good or bad behavior in the future.If, after a long dispute with him, his tantrums, or a fit of anger, you give up, it could lead to a repetition of such a model command, with which he eventually gets his way.If you are adamant and consistent, the child will stop eventually fight with you in this way.However, some children feel like winners, even if they were able to postpone the execution unpleasant for them to do at least a few minutes.
Be consistent in the choice of methods of discipline and punishment of the child.This applies to all persons who look after the children.Children are used to test the boundaries of what is permitted, and if you are consistent in their approval, you are encouraging them to bad behavior.
What you need to know about discipline
- Stay calm and do not lose control of himself, when a child misbehaves.Avoid yelling and screaming, otherwise the child will put his example of this behavior and will use it to get the desired.If you feel a growing irritation, take a break to regain your balance.
- Avoid generalized criticism.Make sure the child understands what the cause of your frustration and sadness is his bad behavior, but you love it will always be.
- Do not praise a child too often.You do not have to constantly praise the child, especially in the performance of any ordinary job or your praise will be less effective.
- Do not focus on the negative all the time, especially if the positive trends can be traced behavior.It is much better to say, "I like that you folded my clothes" rather than "I love you for the first time, finally deigned to lay down their belongings, while you did not ask about it."
- Try not to use physical methods of punishment.Spanking has never been more effective than other forms of punishment, and besides, it hardens children, making them aggressive and irritable.
- Remember that it is important to praise and reward children for good behavior.
- understand the difference between monetary rewards and bribes.Reward children are given after doing something, and bribe - up to force the child to do what you want.Do not give children a bribe.
- Serve your child a good example.
- most important - is the emotional security of your baby, the environment in which he would feel safe and love.
Encouraging good behavior
first step to improve the discipline - to learn how to encourage the good behavior of the child.It is much easier to reinforce good behavior than to try to change the bad.Here are some tips to encourage good behavior.
strengthen the good behavior of the child, offering him praise in return, he copes with the job or task, as well as Be positive interest and attention to it.Children are waiting for approval of their behavior, especially from their parents.The child must know that he is, he observes the rules that he did (or tried to) what you want.Hug him, kiss, smile, if he behaves well, perform routine tasks without problems, or playing in the team according to the rules.It is also important to talk to children words of encouragement, such as "excellent work", "well done" or "I like it when you ...".Be sure to comment on specific actions and behaviors.
Give your child a choice.This will allow him to feel their independence.For example, offer a choice: take out the trash or set the table.
turn good behavior in entertainment.Children with great zeal will do what will bring them pleasure.For example: "Let's see who can collect more toys around the room?".Establish a system to encourage good behavior.
How to improve discipline
- Be consistent in the choice of methods to improve the child's discipline and its methods of punishment (this applies to all who looked after children).The child must learn to understand that there are predictable consequences of his actions.
- Think ahead.Be prepared for the fact that you are going to do and say to help your child understand the consequences of his actions.Not just probormochite it or tell me the first thing that comes to mind.You are more likely to do harm to the situation, if not thought out plan in advance the discipline.
- Set for small children daily chore or duty that must be performed every day.This applies to meals, snacks, bathing and bedtime Dreams: how to understand our dreams .
- create a favorable atmosphere that will encourage the child to study, but be able to protect him.For example, you can put locks on cabinets and lockers to protect a child who is just learning to walk.
- impose restrictions that would be suitable for the age of the child and development.Remember that you are in control, so you need to be prepared to sometimes say "no".You should also expect the child's response to a ban, such as crying.This is a normal expression of frustration at a young age, but because such behavior should be ignored.You also need to ignore the tantrums.
- not offer a choice in situations where the child will have to agree with the usual rules.For example, instead of saying, "You want to take a bath?" You should say, "It's time to take a bath!»
- Do not give up when a child whines, cries, or in a fit of anger.If you do, then it will use this behavior to get their way.
- Learn to ignore the small, harmless and unimportant manifestations of disobedience, such as impatience.
- immediately punish and encourage the child.Do not wait for a few minutes - during which time the child's behavior may change, and your response will be is outdated.
- Do not repeat the instructions.It is necessary to give the command, and if it is not executed, you can repeat it again, but to say about the consequences of its failure.If the indication is still not satisfied, you need to go to the consequences.Do not repeat the task multiple times.
- Do not argue with your child about the punishment.Ignore any protest.You can talk about that later.
- Plan ahead.If you always have trouble in certain situations, such as a shopping trip or a reception, then make a plan of action in advance.The plan should include the expected child's actions and the consequences of disobedience.
- Act on circumstances, especially with older children and teenagers.Listen and take into account some changes in the rules and forms of punishment proposed by the child.
- talk about themselves, not about the child.For example, say, "I'm upset (a) that you do not tidy up your room," instead of, "You upset me because it does not tidy up the room."Approvals starting pronoun "you" may sound accusatory, and lead to a quarrel.
- When disciplinary action is necessary to explain the rules of behavior - what exactly do you expect from a child, what exactly he behaved properly and how to behave in the next time.