Do your children know what to do when trying to talk with them a stranger?Ask your child what he would do if a stranger offers him a kind of sweetness, and whether he will go to a person who asks to help him find a lost puppy.
Not all children know how to behave in such cases.And not just children.Do you know how to protect your child?And how to find it if it was gone?
There are three reasons why a child may be lost.Sometimes children can just get lost, leave more than they intended.Almost all parents have experienced that.
There are children who run away far from home deliberately.And there are those who are being taken away by force or fraud.
In children, even in older children and adolescents, there is no judgment and experience, which is in adults.So take precautions and to ensure the safety of your child - it is the duty of parents.
can not close our eyes to the danger.Somewhere really be people who want to steal someone else's child.Often because of
This fear should not only be "a stranger in the park", but often those people who know both parents and child.In most cases, the children being abused by those whom they already trust, relative, neighbor, or even a teacher or other person having authority.It is necessary to get acquainted with all the friends of their child.Child molester or kidnapper is often a familiar person.
Warn your child about how dangerous can be strangers.But not always the image of a dangerous stranger in the child and the adult are the same.For example, if a child has friends with whom parents do not know, for the past is a foreign people, but not for children.Perhaps it is adults or older children who meet regularly baby on the way to school and always greet him, and perhaps he did not consider them outsiders.
need to talk about it with your child.No need to scare him and make him afraid of every new person he meets, but to postpone this conversation is not worth it.Periodically remind your child of the dangers, and it's just a sensible precaution.Because the abduction of children - it is a reality.
- Being in a public place with a small child, we should not lose sight of him.
- Do not leave young children unattended.
- baby sitter should be chosen only from people you know.
- You can not send a young child alone with the instruction or the store on the street in the evening.
- Do not leave young children alone in the gaming areas in the stores, while their parents go shopping or in the car, especially if the ignition key is left in the car or with the engine running while the parents go for.
In some families there is a special code word.You must select a word that is known only to family members.Sometimes the kidnappers of children, especially in cases where one parent lives with the child, he said that he was sent by the pope, or that the child should go home because his mother was ill.A child asks a stranger codeword of his family, and if a stranger does not know the word, the child refuses to go with him.
Despite the fact that the child should be polite and show respect to adults, it is necessary to explain to him that he has the right to say "No" and do what scares him, he does not like or that is contrary to the instructions of his parents.It is necessary to explain to the child that he is not obliged to obey all adults.
What if a child is missing
- First of all, you can not panic.
- First you need to find out whether he is gone, look for it at home, at school, good friends, our neighbors.
- then proceed without delay to report the loss to the local law enforcement agencies, providing them with all the information that you have.If there are special services involved in the search for missing or runaway people, make sure that these services are well informed.
- Tell us about what had happened to all the relatives and friends of the child.A child can communicate with someone from them, or they may have about him some information.
Sometimes when searching for a missing child without significance of the fact, how many people know about his disappearance, search it and vigilant.Also makes a more successful search alert the public when a child learns about the loss of a lot of people who are willing to help and are constantly on the lookout.
is also necessary to provide for the child as accurate as possible, and the most recent data, as well as one of the most recent photos of good quality.
In addition, it is important that parents respond to the child's return.Some may scold or punish him severely.Others did not react to what had happened, as if nothing had happened.But the reason why the child left.Some kind of a situation at home or elsewhere, that the child was very upset, and that made him flee.If the voltage and misunderstanding remain or even increase, the child can leave again.In such cases, it does not hurt to turn to a professional psychologist.
10 simple tips that will help you secure a small child:
- Do not leave a baby alone with pets - no matter how harmless or small you think it is an animal.
- Do not forget to keep an eye on the child, even when passionate about shopping, talking with friends or walk.Particular attention is required in the playground, when a lot of kids playing around.The kidnappers are closely watching the strollers mums and wait for the moment when you lose vigilance.
- Never shake a baby.Even as a joke not toss the child over his head.
- When bathing the baby in a large tub, be sure to place it on the bottom of the towel or rubber mat to prevent the child slipped and fell.
- Keep away from any kid's toys, clothing or household items to rubber bands and ropes.Isolate the baby from the telephone cord.It happens that young children become entangled in the cord and can suffocate.
- When taking the child on a trip by car, put him on a special seat.The child may be injured in the event of an accident, even frivolous, so keep an eye on the road when you're driving.Do not talk on a cell phone, do not eat and does not refresh makeup while driving.
- Do not leave a child at an open window unattended.In principle, it is better not to leave the baby at a window - in any case.
- Never leave a baby in a room with a child younger than six years.At this age children still do not understand that you need to play with the baby carefully, and treat them as living dolls.
- If you trust the nanny minding the baby, make sure that it is qualified to prevent any dangerous situation.Do not use the services of nurses younger than 18 years.Do not neglect recommendations.
- When changing a diaper, never turn your back on your child - even for a split second.For a moment the baby can roll over and fall off the table.
safety and health of the child - the main thing.Even if your child is behaving perfectly, do not get too complacent.Not for a minute do not lose vigilance.