Otitis media in children: only a doctor should be treated
- Otitis media in children: only a doctor should treat
Otitis media in children is divided into the outer and middle.Each of them includes several forms of the disease.Symptoms of otitis media in children have certain characteristics that must be considered if you suspect this pathology.The choice of treatment depends on the type of otitis media, the severity of the disease, the condition of the child, and some other factors.
Types of otitis media in children
Otitis a child, depending on the location of the inflammation may be the outer and middle.When external otitis inflamed pinna and external auditory canal.
Otitis media - an inflammation of the tympanic cavity and the Eustachian tube and pneumatic cells located in the mastoid process of the temporal bone.Such otitis media can be:
- chronic suppurative.
Such otitis media in children develops due to infection of the hair follicles, which are located in the cartilage department.The emergence of the disease contribute to common diseases (eg, diabetes) and small abrasions caused matches, pins and similar items.Sometimes otitis externa occurs against the backdrop of an acute or chronic inflammation of the middle ear as follows pus.
Otitis externa often cause Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli and Proteus.Pathological process can develop when infected with fungi.
inflammation can be local (boil) or distributed on all the walls in the outer ear canal (diffuse otitis).In diffuse external otitis Otitis externa - all the dangers of the disease body temperature rises, causing severe pain in the ear, which is amplified in speaking and chewing.Boils constant pain can not be, it appears only when pressing on the tragus.
treatment of otitis externa in children
treatment of otitis media in children in both conservative.You can enter the turundy special alcohol solution also conducted physiotherapy.Effective application
dimethyl sulfoxide solution with addition of antibiotics and the application of a helium-neon irradiation.If after two or three days comes the recovery, and pain increases, the cavity is opened boil.
Acute otitis media
Acute otitis media in children - one of the most common pathologies in this age group.Otitis media in children under one year meets every second child.
Causes of otitis in children - a bacterial, fungal or viral infection.Most often, otitis media, streptococcal, Haemophilus influenzae or moraksella.
In most cases, developing a otitis media in infants and early childhood.There are factors that lead to inflammation of the middle ear:
- Infectious diseases (SARS, measles, diphtheria, scarlet fever), including fungal and adenovirus;
- deficiency of the immune defense of the body;
- emergence of otitis during childbirth, in the neonatal period and even during pregnancy, when the mother has any inflammatory disease (eg, endometritis, pyelonephritis).Otitis in infants may occur during prolonged labor, prolonged rupture of membranes, as well as fetal asphyxia;
- nature of power (at artificial feeding increases the risk of otitis media);
- bronchopulmonary system pathology;
- Allergy and exudative diathesis.Often allergic otitis media occurs in a child, when he had any allergic disease in the past (in most cases - a food allergy).
Symptoms of otitis media in children depend on the stage of acute inflammation.Allocate:
- first stage, when the inflammation has only just begun.Symptoms of otitis media in children - pain, hearing loss, and high body temperature.There are manifestations of intoxication (fatigue, weakness, malaise);
- second step, which occurs after the perforation of the eardrum.At this time, decreases pain, temperature and toxicity in children with otitis reduced.There are discharge from the ear, hearing impairment persist;
- period of convalescence.Selections cease and pains disappear.The perforation in the tympanic membrane scarring, and restores hearing.
Sometimes acute otitis Acute otitis media: to heal, to become a chronic disease is not proceeds rapidly, and in this case against the background of severe pain and severe intoxication quickly comes perforation, almost immediately appears pus from the ear.Such acute purulent otitis purulent otitis - why develop complications occurs in children especially hard.
Otitis an infant and young children has its own characteristics.Symptoms of otitis media in infants - a shout, anxiety and a pendulum swinging head.From child refuses food.He prefers to lie on a bed on the affected side, since the heat slightly reduces pain.On the second or third day after the onset of the body temperature rises sharply to 38-39 ° C.The child is no longer sleep at night the condition worsens.There are regurgitation, vomiting and frequent stools.
Treatment of acute otitis media
Before treat otitis media in children, you should consult with your doctor and follow the advice of a specialist.Medicine for otitis media for children should be administered by your doctor.Topical treatment of the disease is directed at improving the absorption or outflow of fluid from inflammatory tympanum.For this purpose use vasoconstrictor nose drops vasoconstrictive nose drops - use with caution! , which improve the permeability of the Eustachian tubes.Also on the ear make warming compresses, physical therapy procedures carried out.Apply a drop of alcohol different from otitis media for children.
doctor may prescribe antibiotics at the same time it takes into account the severity of the sick child.Otitis media in infants and children up to two years, almost always requires the use of antibacterial drugs.
If otitis appeared for the first time, as well as in cases when a child is two months have not received antibacterials prescribed amoxicillin.If you are allergic to this drug is used macrolides.If amoxicillin is not effective (or a child in the last two months of receiving antibiotics), appointed by the penicillins or cephalosporins protected.