teeth in children - is not an easy problem.Anomalies in the growth and development of the teeth, as well as all the anomalies of dental system are fairly common.That is why all the children from the age of one year, periodically examines the dentist.Not all errors are subject to immediate treatment, but when and how to treat a child, you learn from your dentist beforehand.
Milk teeth and their features
first milk or temporary teeth appear at the age of 6-8 months, usually the two center teeth on the lower jaw (central incisors).But sometimes the first teeth in the maxilla erupt before or after a certain time.All these individually and usually included in the concept of the norm.
twenty milk teeth: on each jaw 4 is the cutter (2 left and two right, they are at the center), 2 canines (the third tooth from the center to the right and left) and 4 molars and molars (fourth and fifth from the center of chewingteeth on the two right and left).Baby teeth erupt in the following age groups:
- central incisors - from 6 to 8 months;
- lateral incisors - from 8 to 12 months;
- central molars (molars) - from year to year and 4 months;
- fangs - a year and 4 months to a year and eight months;
- side molars (molars) - a year and 8 months to 2.5 years.
Sometimes teething accompanied by fever, malaise, poor appetite, salivation, changes chair and so on.Not only is any temperature increase attributed to the teething Teething: difficult time , is always better to consult a doctor, so as not to miss a child for some inflammatory disease.
Milk teeth have their own characteristics: they are smaller than the permanent teeth have a bluish-white color, and a small gap between the teeth (they allow the jaw to growConstantly expanding).Often parents interested in the question whether to treat milk teeth or better immediately remove anyhow grow new.However, dentists recommend to treat damaged milk teeth.The fact is that if you remove a baby tooth, long before this place a permanent increase, the neighboring teeth will move gradually and will take his place, because of the permanent tooth that will be hard to break.This feature of the dental system - the ability of the teeth to move from place to place is used by dentists to treat various dental system anomalies, such as malocclusion.
Permanent teeth in children
Gradually, the time of the formation of permanent teeth primary teeth begin to dissolve roots, this is usually 4-5 years, and continues to the last change of the teeth in 11-12 years.The gaps between the baby teeth Milk teeth - how they are formed? increase, then turn your teeth become loose and fall out.
By the age of 11-13 years, all 20 baby teeth are usually replaced by permanent.In addition, under the age of 20 years are cut even further from 8 to 12 teeth - they initially constant.Total an adult from 28 to 32 teeth (located on each jaw 4 incisors, 2 canines, 4 bicuspids or bicuspid tooth and 4-6 molars or molars).The difference is explained by the fact that the last teeth, so-called "eight" or "wisdom teeth", located in the dentition last to erupt is not always, as in some cases they do not have space in the dentition, or he takes the wrong position.
Terms dentition following:
- the first 5-6 years of the first molars erupt or molars - the teeth located behind the last baby teeth, they initially constant at their place of primary teeth were not;
- central incisors - 6-8 years (analogous to replace baby teeth);
- lateral incisors - 7-9 years (analogous to replace baby teeth);
- first premolars - 9-10 years (replace dairy - central molars);
- canines - 10-11 years (analogous to replace baby teeth);
- second premolars - 11-12 years (replace dairy - side molars);
- second molars - 12-14 years (permanent teeth that had no predecessors dairy);
- third molars ("wisdom teeth") - 18-20 years (but may erupt and 30 years).
prevention of dental caries in children
Under caries prevention refers primarily to oral hygiene:
- sweet child should receive a small amount and then always rinse your mouth with water - sweet food - a perfect environment forthe growth of bacteria that destroy teeth;
- 1.5 - 2 years to rinse your mouth after eating;
- 2 - 2.5 years to rinse your mouth after eating, brushing teeth with a toothbrush without toothpaste (after breakfast and before bedtime) - cleaning is carried out by parents;
- from 4-5 years to rinse your mouth after eating, brushing teeth How to brush your teeth: interesting facts toothbrush Toothbrushes - make no mistake in choosing with toothpaste at least 2-3 minutes, onetimes a day, making 200-250 movements;
- from 5-6 years to rinse your mouth after eating, brushing teeth twice a day with a toothbrush with any hygiene or fluoride toothpaste.
Failure of oral hygiene on teeth by bacteria formed initially soft plaque, then the hard plaque (tartar), and then the teeth are gradually beginning to break down - a process called tooth decay, the first sign of which - the appearance of spots on the tooth.
As soon as the baby tooth appears spot (do not care what color) it must immediately show the dentist.