- Precocious puberty - when maturity comes too early
- Diagnosis and treatment
Puberty (from the Latin. Rubertas - puberty) - the period in human developmentin which by deep internal reorganizations it reaches sexual maturity (ability to reproduce).During puberty Puberty child - stages of a complex path occur in the body of the child physical, sexual and hormonal changes.Puberty is considered early or premature if it begins before age eight in girls and nine boys.
studies prove conclusively that early puberty is observed throughout the world.Picture this: every six girls start puberty at age eight.Studies have also shown that earlier puberty is more prevalent among Africans and Americans, but the reasons for this phenomenon are still unknown.In addition, the probability of early onset of puberty in children with higher overweight.
signs and symptoms of early puberty
signs of premature puberty appear at an earlier age than usual.Here are the most common symptoms:
- growth and breast
- growth of hair in the armpits and pubic
- rapid growth of body
- first menstrual period (menarche)
- change in body odor
- Increasing the size of the testicles
- facial hair growth (usually begins with the growth of hair on the upper lip), and pubicarmpits
- Soaring body
- Breaking and brutalization vote
- Changing body odor
Some children have "partial" precocious puberty.In girls, breast is growing rapidly, but the growth stops soon, or not accompanied by the appearance of other physical signs of puberty.In this case, the child should see a doctor to promptly identify possible disease or disorder.Typically, partial early puberty does not require medical intervention, and all other signs of sexual maturation appear in the corresponding age.
reasons for early puberty
preterm puberty may contribute to abnormalities of the reproductive system (ovaries in girls and testes in boys).Diseases of the thyroid gland and the ovaries may also cause premature puberty.
Sometimes precocious puberty is the result of structural abnormalities of the brain, such as tumor, brain injury as a result of head trauma, or infectious diseases (meningitis).Most girls start puberty early not because of health problems, but for some unknown reason, medicine.Perhaps, premature onset of puberty is influenced by external factors, such as pollution.
Causes central precocious puberty
- tumors of the brain or spinal cord
- infectious diseases, such as encephalitis or meningitis Meningitis - an inflammation of the meninges
- Congenital brain such as hydrocephalusbrain or hamartoma (swelling)
- Irradiation of the brain or spinal cord injury
- brain or spinal cord ischemia
- McCune-Albright syndrome - a genetic disorder that affects the bones that affects the pigmentation of the skin and causing hormonal disorders
- group of hereditary diseasesIt is known as a congenital hyperplasia hyperplasia - do not be afraid adrenal glands - the abnormal production of hormones by the adrenal glands
- Hypothyroidism - a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce sufficient amounts of hormones.
Peripheral precocious puberty
This type of puberty less common than central precocious puberty.It is caused by the release of estrogen Estrogen - the key to healthy bones and testosterone in the blood due to violation of the ovaries, testes, adrenal or pituitary.