Sage cough - remedy with experience
In Europe sage is often used to treat different types of cough.Sage cough has a positive side-effect studies have shown that it reduces the level of LDL - cholesterol in blood plasma, and total cholesterol.Experts say that the sage is also rich in antioxidants.
Sage (Latin name - Salvia) - is a perennial plant with a tree stem that remains evergreen in mild climates, and grows again in the spring, where winter is severe.Sage has long rough oval leaves that have a strong flavor, which exude the essential oils of sage.These oils are a source of useful properties of sage Useful properties of sage - scope , which are used in the treatment of lung problems and normal respiratory diseases.
Cough treatment sage
decoction or tea sage - the traditional means of treatment for a sore throat and cough.Sage is used when you cough around the globe.The indigenous people of the central coast of California used to treat cough local varieties of sage (Salvia apiana and Salvia melliflera).A study conducted in 2006 in Pakistan, showed that the use of herbs for coughs sage helps ease breathing, and sore throat.
Sage brings relief for coughs because sage - is an expectorant that helps to remove phlegm from the respiratory tract.Tea from sage is effective even in severe cases gemoptizisa (hemoptysis), when due to a respiratory infection from the lungs out blood.
Sage has antibacterial, astringent and antiseptic properties.These properties make sage and useful in the treatment of lung diseases.However, the discharge of blood or mucus by coughing may be a sign of serious illness, so in such cases, consult your doctor before you apply Sage cough.
Inhalation with sage - one way of treating cough.The rich aromatic properties of oils composed of sage (thujone, camphor, terpene and Salvo) can be used during inhalation when a patient inhales the vapors broth sage.This is useful for the treatment of lung diseases, and sinusitis.Grind a handful of sage leaves with your fingers, place them in a bowl and cover with hot water.Then cover your head with a towel and inhale the vapors.Alternatively, brew a strong decoction of sage leaves and place in a steam inhaler.But do not use during pregnancy sage Salvia during pregnancy - what can help plant , because it can cause uterine contractions.
If you suffer from symptoms such as sore throat or loss of voice due to accumulation of phlegm, the best way to get immediate relief is gargling with sage.In such cases, too, used a decoction or tea sage.This tea can be prepared in various ways:
- brew 2 teaspoons of dried or fresh sage leaves in 1 cup boiling water, let stand for half an hour.Then strain, add honey if desired.You can add ¼ teaspoon of lemon juice.Gargle with this line-up several times a day.(This tea as you can drink).This rinse will provide significant relief painful, red, throat irritation.
- toss 1 teaspoon sage leaves in 1 cup boiling water.Brew a few minutes, then strain.Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and honey.Gargle with this line-up to four times a day.
- take 1 teaspoon of dried sage leaves, 1 teaspoon of dry plantain leaves, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, 1 teaspoon of dried flowers of honeysuckle.Boil 2 cups of boiling water.Sweeten to taste, use for gargling.
- take 3 or 4 sage leaves, dipped in a glass of hot water.Let stand for about ten minutes.Gargle while still warm infusion.To relieve the pain in stomatitis, add infusion ½ tablespoons lemon juice.
How to make cough syrup
To quickly calm the cough and sore throat, you can prepare cough syrup Cough syrup - how to choose the best? sage and honey.
To make the syrup, you will need:
- 3/4 cup honey from herbs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
Mix all ingredients andPreheat over medium heat, bring to a boil.Remove from heat, cover and let stand 10 minutes.
Strain the mixture and store in a glass jar.It can be stored in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
This syrup is very good for pain and sore throat.
The cold and flu season one of the most effective means is tea made from sage, nettle and peppermint.It can be used with different complaints: cough, high temperature, sore throat, upset stomach, as well as general malaise and fatigue.
Nettle in the composition of this tea provides the body with vitamins.
can cook a large pot of tea during the day and drink it slowly.To do this, cook 2 or 3 times more tea than indicated in the recipe.In this case, it is necessary to brew tea for 30 minutes before placing it in the refrigerator in a sealed jar.
You will need:
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of dried nettle leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaves of peppermint
Herbs should be of the best quality.Make sure they have no dirt or mold.They should have a lively green.
Pour the nettle, peppermint and sage Sage - cvyaschennaya grass in a small bowl.Gently stir until the mixture is uniform.Pour the mixture into a tea strainer, place it on a mug.Pour a glass of hot water and allow to brew for 10 minutes.
If desired, prepare a large number of tea.In this case, the proportions are as follows: 2 parts dry nettle 1 part peppermint leaves, 1 part of dried sage leaves.For every cup of water take 2 teaspoons of the mixture.
Pour into a jar 4 teaspoons of the mixture, cover with hot water.Cover and let stand at least 30 minutes.
- can add raw honey to tea, which will provide you with additional enzymes.
- can add to the tea a little fresh lemon juice, it will be an additional source of vitamin C.
- sure to consult with your doctor before drinking tea.